Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/13/2024 7:32:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Grumple]
They are back  in NJ visiting. I'm here for work. They sitting next to me at a restaurant yapping.

They are in the  Nashville area.

This is what they said to their friend who is with them

Oh it's great, big houses low taxes but anything outside Nashville is redneck and if you can get over them it's a nice place.

Apparently the food sucks in TN as well.

Lmfao.

Good luck TN. I know ya'll have alot of transplants moving there. Not much longer before they flip you blue.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:36:26 PM EDT
[#1]
They can kiss my rebel dick.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:39:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Same shit happening in Texas and all the red states. Fucking movers. They fucked up everything where they used to live and then want to run somewhere nice and fuck it up, too.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:40:16 PM EDT
[#3]
They can fuck right off.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:41:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RTX:
Same shit happening in Texas and all the red states. Fucking movers. They fucked up everything where they used to live and then want to run somewhere nice and fuck it up, too.
View Quote

This is the feeling I got from the NJ fleas sitting next to me.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:45:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm in TN (close to Knoxville) staying with a friend while my house in Texas is being built.

I gotta say, it's amazingly beautiful here. I would love to live around here.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:48:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Most of the transplants I know have actually been very conservative.

Anyone moving to Nashville doesn’t have the good sense to be conservative
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:50:37 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm certain no one from TN gives a shit what people from NJ think.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:51:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BoneB1B] [#8]
Originally Posted By AR15thur:

View Quote

CA transplants in my county are escapees, for the most part
The lefty types go to the big cities
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:52:01 PM EDT
[#9]
I know five transplants to the Northwestern Tennessee area. Four are from Western New York and the 5th is from Illinois. All are staunch red conservatives. I may become the 6th.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:52:33 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By 1shortofpar:
View Quote

until enough of them show up to change elections...
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:53:41 PM EDT
[#11]
I hear the mostly California or New York transplants all the time hear in Colorado. Not sure what is more amazing, how loud they are or how oblivious they are that their choice of political party screwed up their home state and is now screwing up this state.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:53:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Tennessee may go blue someday but its likely a long way off. Nashville is not big enough to be anywhere near able to overtake the rest of the state. Go look at the numbers. If it doubled in size, it still wouldn't be enough.  It isn't at the tipping point yet.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:55:47 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

I'm in the process of moving from KS back to our home state of TX for work and family reasons.  The house and lot in TX is a good bit smaller than what I just sold in our suburban Kansas City neighborhood.
i won't have to pay a state income tax anymore, but TX property taxes are really high so there's little benefit there.

I have no desire to tell anyone in TX, native or otherwise how to conduct their affairs, but I do wish folks would learn how to drive...
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:55:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By BoneB1B:

View Quote

The women and kids will not be reliable conservative voters in Texas. This is a recipe for disaster and will help fast-track Texas to going blue, and once Texas goes, it's all fucking over.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:56:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Dru] [#15]
Never mind
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:57:33 PM EDT
[#16]
One question.  Look them right in the eye.

Are you a missionary, or are you a refuge?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:57:50 PM EDT
[#17]
The best you can do is confront them, ask them what they like about where they moved, and then ask them if the place they lived was so great, why did they move?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 7:58:37 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

They're all still blue votes. Run em off
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:00:15 PM EDT
[#19]
All the conservatives here that live in shithole blue states always whine that they can’t leave.

Their trash is leaving and leeching others….they are a disease.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:00:22 PM EDT
[#20]
I've been here 14 years and I would absolutely not raise kids in "small towns" here.  Rural schools are rough, and issues generally follow the economic status of the local population.

Stay near the jobs and the highly educated, or at least the highly motivated.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:01:11 PM EDT
[#21]
View Quote

Yup, and the cocksucking cuckservative chamber of commerce republicans just can’t help themselves from inviting them in.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:01:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Matthew_Q:
I'm in TN (close to Knoxville) staying with a friend while my house in Texas is being built.

I gotta say, it's amazingly beautiful here. I would love to live around here.
View Quote

Amazing what real trees look like, isnt it?
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:05:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By C3H5N3O9:

Yup, and the cocksucking cuckservative chamber of commerce republicans just can’t help themselves from inviting them in.
View Quote

Yeah, our governors and their freakin' 'Texas is open for business!' advertising campaign has really been effective. Stupid cocksuckers.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:06:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SAARINEN] [#24]
Funny, i had to visit new jersey for the first time in my life a few months back.  Complete shit hole,  you can't take left turns at most intersections- you have to take a right to take a left (google new jersey jughandles).. And they're the last remaining state that you aren't allowed to pump your own gas at gas stations. I'll take Tennessee over that nightmare.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:09:44 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By Grumple:
They are back  in NJ visiting. I'm here for work. They sitting next to me at a restaurant yapping.

Oh it's great, big houses low taxes but anything outside Nashville is redneck and if you can get over them it's a nice place.

Lmfao.

Good luck TN. I know ya'll have alot of transplants moving there. Not much longer before they flip you blue.
View Quote

The transplants are mostly staying in the larger cities. No great loss. Nashville, Memphis and Knoxville .ostly vote blue anyway. The rural parts of the state outnumber them anyway. TN will be red for a long time.

I live on the county outside Knoxville.  We have had a few northerners and far westerners move in. They haven't stayed long. When we go out shooting in the evenings and most of the weekend and they call the law and complain, they get told it's legal in the county and to get used to it. They usually are gone within a few months. One couple made it 6 months before deciding to move back to California.
Another retired couple from Connecticut made it 3 or 4 months before moving back north.

A binary triggered AR really sets them off. Wish I had kept my MP5, but sold it when they hit $25k. The MP5 would have really set the Cali couple off. They called the law anytime they heard shots. And Posted it on Nextdoor.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#26]
I have learned you can't apply logic to these people.   Threw voting they will surround themselves with filth, crime and human shit every time.   They will laugh and call your stupid for even mentioning they should vote for something else.   The worse it gets the harder they vote for it.  I'm personally convinced something changes in their brains being leftwing after a while.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:18:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Jesus-with-a-AR15:
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:18:21 PM EDT
[#28]
I took 8 of them to the range today. Their like that's Mexico ? Yup that's mexico. They dropped their drawers and mooned the Mexicans while safely decocking the Sigs and securing them. Alright gentlemen I'll buy lunch. That was freaking funny. They'll be fine.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:22:15 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:23:41 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By Jesus-with-a-AR15:
View Quote

They’re from NJ, they’d enjoy it.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:25:51 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Pallas] [#31]
The Northerners can be bad here, almost as bad as the people from Alabama.

Originally Posted By dorobuta:

until enough of them show up to change elections...
View Quote

People said that about FL. We now have a Republican majority, first time in history.

Now, northern Republicans are a bit different, but not full blown lib.

Originally Posted By MedmanKS:

AK has a 1 year residency requirement for you to become a State resident. All the red states should adopt this.
View Quote

Shouldn’t be allowed to vote for two election cycles and cannot hold elected position for 15yrs.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:25:55 PM EDT
[#32]
View Quote

AK has a 1 year residency requirement for you to become a State resident. All the red states should adopt this.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:26:54 PM EDT
[#33]
View Quote

100% this.

Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:26:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Maybe they will die in their beloved Garden State. It’s super redneck here. Don’t come!
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:27:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By 1shortofpar:
View Quote

Can confirm.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:29:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Grumple:

Lmfao.

View Quote

TN is one of the only states I would have in my mind if I am ever allowed to leave where I am, which is hell.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:30:51 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By 50cal:

The transplants are mostly staying in the larger cities. No great loss. Nashville, Memphis and Knoxville .ostly vote blue anyway. The rural parts of the state outnumber them anyway. TN will be red for a long time.

I live on the county outside Knoxville.  We have had a few northerners and far westerners move in. They haven't stayed long. When we go out shooting in the evenings and most of the weekend and they call the law and complain, they get told it's legal in the county and to get used to it. They usually are gone within a few months. One couple made it 6 months before deciding to move back to California.
Another retired couple from Connecticut made it 3 or 4 months before moving back north.

A binary triggered AR really sets them off. Wish I had kept my MP5, but sold it when they hit $25k. The MP5 would have really set the Cali couple off. They called the law anytime they heard shots. And Posted it on Nextdoor.
View Quote

I would like to subscribe to your newsletter
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#38]
Same shit happening in Texas and all the red states. Fucking movers Carpet Baggers. They fucked up everything where they used to live and then want to run somewhere nice and fuck it up, too.
View Quote

FIFY'all
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:33:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FightingHellfish] [#39]
Tennessee is a savage place. A lot of people in the hills there are only one generation removed from cannibalism, and they only gave it up because government assistance and OxyContin made them too lazy to hunt the toughest game.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:33:36 PM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By anachronism:

FIFY'all
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By anachronism:
Same shit happening in Texas and all the red states. Fucking movers Carpet Baggers. They fucked up everything where they used to live and then want to run somewhere nice and fuck it up, too.

FIFY'all

Exactly.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:36:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Unfortunately I scratched Tennessee off the list because of so many NY / NJ asshoes moving down there
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:37:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Originally Posted By FightingHellfish:
Tennessee is a savage place. A lot of people in the hills there are only one generation removed from cannibalism, and they only gave it up because government assistance and OxyContin made them too lazy to hunt the toughest game.
View Quote

You certainly need to watch your ass up in those hollers’.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#43]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By AR15thur:

For rural areas or medium sized metroplex's this is generally true. Major metro's suck up all lame assed liberals.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Tennessee is a shithole. Folks should stay far away.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:45:08 PM EDT
[#45]
I'm looking to escape TX some day for redder pastures.....SE TN is my first choice.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:47:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Originally Posted By Southernman077:
Tennessee is a shithole. Folks should stay far away.
View Quote

Agree, been here for 57 years, please, stay far, far, far away.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:47:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By cspackler33:
I'm looking to escape TX some day for redder pastures.....SE TN is my first choice.
View Quote

TX? ok you are allowed in.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:48:30 PM EDT
[#48]
Exactly what I expect from pretentious northerners.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Welcome to the party pal.
Link Posted: 5/13/2024 8:53:35 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By KanTex:

I have no desire to tell anyone in TX, native or otherwise how to conduct their affairs, but I do wish folks would learn how to drive...
View Quote

Ain't that th F'ing truth, I cannot fathom the petrified state they get in at intersections that are just aluminum signs and limit lines. I partially understand it. Because I've seen some real winners with rolling stops and total disregard for the rules of the road. But if you're at a 4 way and see me decelerating a 100 yards away.  Get the F' through the intersection! Don't wait till I get there and then lock up even farther!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top