Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/15/2021 2:01:52 PM EDT
I will attempt this using my enameled dutch oven in my conventional oven.
I have never cooked leg of lamb as a traditional roast.  I am going to throw this stuff in with it.
Any idea?

Boneless leg of lamb

Rub with
Olive oil
garlic
rosemary
salt
pepper

Veggies:
onions
parsnips
carrots
potatoes
rutabaga
celery
?mushrooms? Maybe
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:03:08 PM EDT
[#1]
I love me some lamb...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:26:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I would skip the routabaga, personally they can give off a bitterness. I would opt for fresh rosemary too.

Bone in or boneless? I prefer boneless stuff a bunch of whole garlic in the cavity and truss up the leg brown then slip in fresh rosemary twigs.

Mirepoix rack, hearty red wine and let it roast uncovered. Add veggies about midway. Until about 125-130*f pull it off the rack and let it sit, wrap in foil if you want. Drain juices into sauce pan, deglaze the and scrape the pan with red wine, dump in sauce pan with juices. Bring up to a simmer, skim, tighten with burre manie finish with mint jelly to taste. Fresh mint will leave a vegetal flavor so don't use it other than for garnish. The jelly will impart a nice mint background to the sauce which will be very complementary.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:27:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Add onions, but looks good.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:29:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Add onions, but looks good.
View Quote

D'oh!
Onions for sure

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:34:29 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks like a good mix, though I would add onions (covered already) and either skip the mushrooms (my preference) or add them much later.

Roast lamb is tasty.

Also, I would be very generous with the garlic.  Maybe even stuff in some garlic cloves, inserted by poking a knifehole into the lamb.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:40:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I only make leg of lamb one way...

Butterfly
Marinade overnight in:

2:1 dry red wine/soy sauce
garlic
rosemary
mint
salt
pepper

Grill to rare/med rare
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 2:41:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Mint sauce

Now when you say traditional roast...

We're talking this? Because I dont think all that stuff you listed will fit in the pan...

And dont forget the twine...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top