Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/26/2024 11:58:43 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MrMackey]
Thanks to everyone who helped me figure out what usb cable i needed for an old harddrive i found all the videos and pictures from iraq back in 2007-2008.  I was a POG but i did alot of recovery missions as a mechanic.  Spent my fair share out at our dmz on standby, various cops, alot of late night recovery missions.  Was with 2-2SCR out of fob falcon and Fob warhorse a little later in the deployment.  Fob falcon outside of Baghdad was fun. /s  Alot of idf and ieds.  First time outside the wire the lead Humvee got hit,  i was 4 trucks back driving the wrecker.  Ill throw in a few pics.  Looking at some of these was a trip down memory lane.  

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

sunsets were amazing.  Our motorpool was all outside on a concrete pad.  i cant remember how many stryker engines i replaced out there...
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

MRAP recovery with the m88 iraq circa 2007

Pulling a powerpack in iraq 2007

some random Iraq convoy videos
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:09:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for sharing!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Very cool OP.  Thank you for posting and serving our country
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:15:23 PM EDT
[#3]
My ex burned ALL my photos.  Glad you found yours
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:24:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thank you for your service!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Very cool to see!
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for sharing OP
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:42:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By wvfarrier:
My ex burned ALL my photos.  Glad you found yours
View Quote

My ex wife broke a laptop I had with all my pictures on it. Never realized I had backed them up on an external and stashed it away in a tough box. I was smarter than I thought back then
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 12:48:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool! Glad you recovered them
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Very cool.

I spent some time in those places. FOB Falcon and Warhouse.

In fact I'm thinking that 2-2SCR replaced my unit the 3-2SBCT that was deployed from 06-07.  Or maybe there was overlap...

Either way I remember that stryker set up. All the camo nets and antennas. They even have the glow-plug boxes in the front.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:38:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I have all my photos from Iraq backed up onto a second external hard drive. I figured I better do that as my external hard drive from 2006-2007 is getting old.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 1:50:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Nice work recovering those, magnetic drives can go bad over time. those are historic documents now.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 2:03:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Looking at the pics it dawned on me I never notice clouds when I was there

Is that odd?

I mean I dont even know if they were there or not because it never dawned on me to notice
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#14]
I've got an old hard drive full of cool stuff from Colombia and Iraq that is bad.  I don't think I can get anything off of it
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:23:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Bushleaguepilot:
I've got an old hard drive full of cool stuff from Colombia and Iraq that is bad.  I don't think I can get anything off of it
View Quote
There are services that can get the files.  Not sure if it would be worth the money, but it's an option.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#16]
You're really stuck, when you need a track layer to pull you out.

Tony

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:34:50 PM EDT
[#17]
thanks for posting those

LOGISTICS dudes FTW !  
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:45:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Thanks for posting those. I was fresh out of OSUT and getting ready to deploy to Iraq when you were there.

FOB Kalsu and COP/REO Al-Hillah '08-09
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 4:49:44 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 4/27/2024 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Bacon_Grease:
Very cool.

I spent some time in those places. FOB Falcon and Warhouse.

In fact I'm thinking that 2-2SCR replaced my unit the 3-2SBCT that was deployed from 06-07.  Or maybe there was overlap...

Either way I remember that stryker set up. All the camo nets and antennas. They even have the glow-plug boxes in the front.
View Quote

@Bacon_Grease i personally welded probably all of 2-2 scr's sniper cages and the bulletproof glass frame more times then i care to remember.  Spent many night shifts out welding with a stick welder.  Yea, the rhinos... huge pieces of shit... i helped install most of them and weld up the frames when they would ram into shit, replaced all the glowplugs all the time...toss out piss bottles trying to get to fuses to replace them lol good times
Link Posted: 4/29/2024 12:22:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By MrMackey:

@Bacon_Grease i personally welded probably all of 2-2 scr's sniper cages and the bulletproof glass frame more times then i care to remember.  Spent many night shifts out welding with a stick welder.  Yea, the rhinos... huge pieces of shit... i helped install most of them and weld up the frames when they would ram into shit, replaced all the glowplugs all the time...toss out piss bottles trying to get to fuses to replace them lol good times
View Quote

It was interesting all the little things that got added to the strykers over time.

My first deployment in 03-04 they only had the slat armor.  (Which was heavier and thicker then)

Then in 06-07 we started with the camo nets and rhino's

If you ever had to deal with a set of tow bars made into a madmax style mine plow.  My unit may have a hand in that monstrosity.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top