Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/21/2024 9:47:15 AM EDT
I have some cheap 'universal' ones that came off son's Patriot in that work well enough in the farm truck.   I think they came from Cabellas or Bass Pro.  They're nylon but not the super thick.  Because they don't fit 100% they're splitting at the seams.

I'm thinking of getting some 'good' one for the Jeep and maybe a better fitting set for the truck .

Researching it seems nylon duck and neoprene are the two main things  they're made of.

Is one better that the other for general use.  No doing silly shit like driving through a swamp , we don't have many swamps here and if we did I'd drive around the damn thing.  But will occasionally get in the thing with a good amount of honest dirt dirt.

Floors are already covered previous owner left some super nice floor mat things - bonus.

Anyway Nylon Duck or Neoprene or something else I haven't thought of
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:52:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I hate the neoprene ones personally
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:54:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By _Matt_:
I hate the neoprene ones personally
View Quote

why?  Only experience I have with neoprene is neoprene gloves - ok when handling wet hoses and 'stuff' in the winter but generally suck otherwise
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:56:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Ive always imagined the neoprene to feel like sitting on a wet suit, if you happen to hop in the vehicle with a sweaty ass.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 9:58:20 AM EDT
[#4]
Loved my wet okle .
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:00:05 AM EDT
[#5]
Neoprene have always been the best. Protects completely, fits like a glove, and looks good.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:01:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By alacop:
Loved my wet okle .
View Quote

google search - that seems to be neoprene AND nylon together is that correct?
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
Neoprene have always been the best. Protects completely, fits like a glove, and looks good.
View Quote

this
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:12:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Citadel:

google search - that seems to be neoprene AND nylon together is that correct?
View Quote

Not sure but they feel good and look great.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:13:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: fttam] [#9]
Loved my wet okle .
View Quote

Same

Ten years on mine, and I’ve only replaced the lower cover on the driver’s side (and Wet Okole was awesome to deal with in that regard).

My truck lives on the beach all summer, so the neoprene is awesome with wet people and a giant wet dog being in and out.

The rest of the year, I never notice what they are made out of.

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:16:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Loved my wet okle .
View Quote
tier 1
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:19:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Bartact is the best answer.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:20:59 AM EDT
[#12]
maybe I'm retarded but the wet okie - what is the difference in full vs half piping?

Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:21:49 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:
View Quote

This.  Love mine.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:33:27 AM EDT
[#14]
maybe I'm retarded but the wet okie - what is the difference in full vs half piping?

View Quote

If I recall, full piping has piping on every seam, half piping is only on the outside seam.
Link Posted: 4/21/2024 10:33:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By frayedknot:
View Quote

i had initially ruled them out because of all the tacticool mollie  but the base line performance looks like just the ticket
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 9:55:15 AM EDT
[#16]
Winner was Bartact - the basic model.  Just got delivered last night - wasn't expecting them for a few weeks.

nice subtle battleship grey color, very heavy duty fabric.
was a bit of a chore wrestling them in place.  the Velcro is aggressive and fought back

now that it's in place looks nice -  

Link Posted: 4/26/2024 10:46:29 AM EDT
[#17]
I had wet okolis on my 4Runner and the UV from the sun ate them up.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By Covertness:
I had wet okolis on my 4Runner and the UV from the sun ate them up.
View Quote

You didn't use the UV spray did you?  https://www.wetokole.com/Care_Kit.html  Mine came with the kit (Tacomaworld group buy free extra*) and I'm bad about forgetting to use it too (I didn't on my 1st Tacoma and they faded some).  They can be a bit of a PITA to remove if you have the typical wiring, plastic trim pieces, stereo amp, etc under your seat.

If you do get them, forgo the logos, they peel off after a couple of years and you can still see the glue marks.  I didn't bother with the piping since it's the first thing to wear from getting in and out (I had them on my last Tacoma).  The rear zippered pockets are nice and I kind of wish I'd gotten the gun pocket on the driver's seat just as a place to put stuff.  Even though they're waterproof, I have a cheap waterproof "beach" cover (like a towel with a waterproof backing for $12 on Amazon) that loops over the headrest that I put over my seat when I'm sweaty and/or dirty just to reduce how often I have to pull the covers and wash them.  

*Check whatever forums are out there for your vehicle and it's fairly common for them to do group buys where you save a good bit of money and get extras like the console cover and seat care kit thrown in.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:35:52 AM EDT
[#19]
Honestly it was so long ago I don’t remember. Pretty good about taking care of my gear though.  Don’t remember any UV treatment though.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:43:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Winner was Bartact - the basic model.  Just got delivered last night - wasn't expecting them for a few weeks.

was a bit of a chore wrestling them in place.  the Velcro is aggressive and fought back

https://www.bartact.com/cdn/shop/products/bartact-jeep-wrangler-seat-covers-black-front-seat-covers-for-jeep-wrangler-jk-jku-2013-18-bartact-base-line-performance-front-seat-covers-pair-29023068848171_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1644781000
View Quote

lets see some pics of yours installed.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:52:15 AM EDT
[#21]
I hate neoprene. It doesn't breathe and it makes you sweat. Any heavy duty somewhat breathable fabric will be better.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:54:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By 4thbreak:
View Quote

^This.  Never noticed sweaty ass.
Link Posted: 4/26/2024 11:55:55 AM EDT
[#23]

https://www.bartact.com/cdn/shop/products/bartact-jeep-wrangler-seat-covers-black-front-seat-covers-for-jeep-wrangler-jk-jku-2013-18-bartact-base-line-performance-front-seat-covers-pair-29023068848171_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1644781000
View Quote
You will love the Bartact. Installed a set on the Jeep for my wife for Christmas. They are expensive but worth every penny.

I have the molle version in the TJ and they are great for organizing all the little stuff I carry on a regular basis.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top