Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2024 12:33:45 PM EDT
traded in a harley last saturday, drove off the lot with a new Suzuki 8R, nice bike,
1/4 mile down the road from the dealer an indian guy in a minivan, makes a right on red and then cuts across
two lanes of traffic to get to the center turn lane, I had to do some major moves to avoid
Monday after work , at a light, I get the green arrow to turn left, move a little then oops, here comes an old lady
runs the red light, and makes a left right next to me, and she was moving
last night, another indian guy, in a toyota corolla , passes me on the right, on a two lane road, on a sweeping right hand curve. all I could do was slow down and let him pass, lucky he didn't hit the dirt on the shoulder, or it would have been bad
hard to believe how terrible  people drive
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
But those texts and facebooks were important.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 6:38:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Very reason I sold my bike and haven't been on one since the smart phone was invented.
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 8:05:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I try to stay in the country. Corns not that high yet so you can see them coming. Less intersections to deal with. Cool bike by the way.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 11:24:54 AM EDT
[#4]
This is why I am up and out the door on weekends to canyon carve by 6am. A couple of hours of empty or near empty roads up in the mountains, because anywhere else and at any other time the roads are clogged with brain dead retards who won’t blink an eye if they kill you.

I rode to work a few weeks ago on National Ride to Work day, and rush hour traffic was sketchy as hell.

A guy on a bike, sitting at a light in front of my office, was run over by a Jeep who was fiddle fucking with a cell phone last week.

Link

Link Posted: 6/29/2024 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Having to avoid shitty drivers, people weaving between lanes on their phones, or watching people blow through red lights has become a non event at this point.  Add in the people driving around on obviously low tires, broken suspension, bald tires.

I about got rear ended the other day when I had to stop moderately hard on a wet road. Guy behind me started braking well in advance, but he kept locking a wheel up. He started veering into the turn lane to avoid me, but got it stopped just in time. I wondered how bad his tires must be or if he had a brake caliper malfunctioning.
Link Posted: 6/29/2024 2:03:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By fttam:
This is why I am up and out the door on weekends to canyon carve by 6am. A couple of hours of empty or near empty roads up in the mountains, because anywhere else and at any other time the roads are clogged with brain dead retards who won’t blink an eye if they kill you.

I rode to work a few weeks ago on National Ride to Work day, and rush hour traffic was sketchy as hell.

A guy on a bike, sitting at a light in front of my office, was run over by a Jeep who was fiddle fucking with a cell phone last week.

Link

https://townsquare.media/site/854/files/2024/06/attachment-448802318_858390956316243_2782347881485471596_n.jpeg?w=1536&h=2048&q=75
https://townsquare.media/site/854/files/2024/06/attachment-448721654_858390942982911_8159011988641072658_n.jpeg?w=2048&h=1536&q=75
View Quote

.  I had a motorcycle right before smart phones came around.  I've thought about buying another now that I'd have a place to store it again, then I remember how many close calls I've had while driving cars and decide its not worth it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top