Link Posted: 8/3/2010 7:08:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2010 8:02:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice, thank you.
Link Posted: 8/4/2010 7:52:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Didn't see these questions asked yet?

-  If there is any partially unsupported chamber, how pronounced is it?
-  Will it fire buffalo bore / cor-bon / +P ammo?  Anyone with actual experience or can point to a website?  

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/5/2010 11:02:13 AM EDT
[#4]
The best ammo I've put thru mine so far has been Corbon 90 grn HP, I'm going to try some Winchester PDX that I just picked up next. I did some informal testing with gallon jugs of water. federal Classic HPs and HydroShoks just punched a clean hole thru, whereas the Corbons blew the gallon jugs up. The Corbon load is also very accurate out of my Bodyguard. Don't know if the chamber is supported or unsupported yet.
Link Posted: 8/5/2010 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
-  If there is any partially unsupported chamber, how pronounced is it?
/quote]

Speer Gold Dot 90gr

Link Posted: 8/22/2010 2:58:13 PM EDT
[#6]
I played with a couple today at a local show, I really like the way it felt, a little more substantial in my hand than an LCP, which I liked.  The only down siude was that the button for the laser is reallllly heavy.  I tried out 3 different guns and they were al lthe same.  Has anyone esle noticed this?

I couldnt activiate it with just one hand, I had to put positive pressure with my left thumb on the gun to be able to press with my right index finger with enough force to activate it. Tthis is a deal breaker for me, as I want to have the laser on ASAP if I have to draw the gun for PD.

I also have my buddy try it to make sure it wasnt just me and he thought the same thing.
Link Posted: 8/22/2010 8:27:12 PM EDT
[#7]

Well MFer! I bought a LCP Friday and find this today... I like this damned pistola. Seems to be more, well, just more!

Link Posted: 8/23/2010 1:01:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I played with a couple today at a local show, I really like the way it felt, a little more substantial in my hand than an LCP, which I liked.  The only down siude was that the button for the laser is reallllly heavy.  I tried out 3 different guns and they were al lthe same.  Has anyone esle noticed this?

I couldnt activiate it with just one hand, I had to put positive pressure with my left thumb on the gun to be able to press with my right index finger with enough force to activate it. Tthis is a deal breaker for me, as I want to have the laser on ASAP if I have to draw the gun for PD.

I also have my buddy try it to make sure it wasnt just me and he thought the same thing.

Why would this be a deal breaker?  It's a gun first, laser second.  If you drew it for personal protection, the range would be what 30 feet max....I wouldn't think you need a laser for much more than intimidation at that range.  BTW, I own one and my laser is hard to activate also.  I have owned S&W 42's, LCP's, and Kel-Tec's, and in my opinion the Bodyguard 380 takes the cake.  I took mine out of the box, wiped the excess oil off, and qualified on an off-duty 50 round course with American Eagle FMJ the day I bought it.  Zero malfunctions, slide locked back on empty, and great accuracy out to 15 yards.  Only problem is having 1 mag.  Also, I'm a lefty and the safety is somewhat hard to operate for me, so I just leave it off.  I'm already used to carrying this way from the Kel-tec and the LCP anyways.  As always YMMV, but I think S&W nailed it with this one.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 4:31:42 AM EDT
[#9]
I must have one of these! I was looking to buy an LCP in the near future. But I'll try one of these instead and pay the few extra bucks

Anybody have an idea when & how much the price of LCP's would come down?
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 10:49:56 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why would this be a deal breaker?  It's a gun first, laser second.  If you drew it for personal protection, the range would be what 30 feet max....I wouldn't think you need a laser for much more than intimidation at that range.  BTW, I own one and my laser is hard to activate also.  I have owned S&W 42's, LCP's, and Kel-Tec's, and in my opinion the Bodyguard 380 takes the cake.  I took mine out of the box, wiped the excess oil off, and qualified on an off-duty 50 round course with American Eagle FMJ the day I bought it.  Zero malfunctions, slide locked back on empty, and great accuracy out to 15 yards.  Only problem is having 1 mag.  Also, I'm a lefty and the safety is somewhat hard to operate for me, so I just leave it off.  I'm already used to carrying this way from the Kel-tec and the LCP anyways.  As always YMMV, but I think S&W nailed it with this one.

Because the damned thing comes with a laser embedded in it.  Why the hell would you NOT want it to work?  You paid another $200 over the other .380s to have that feature.

I did some research last night and found out that right now the Bodyguard 380 is basically a POS.  I read quite a few reivews with all the same problems; takedown lever falling off after 200-300 rounds.  Trigger being broken right out of the box or breaking within 200-300 rounds.  The laser buttons falling off, not working and being really hard to use.  I found out WHY the laser is so hard to activate, the butons are a horrible design and don't make contact properly.

This is really unfortunate as S&W is a real big name in the industry, so it's sad to see something I wnated so much to be such a letdown.
Link Posted: 8/23/2010 3:40:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because the damned thing comes with a laser embedded in it.  Why the hell would you NOT want it to work?  You paid another $200 over the other .380s to have that feature.

I did some research last night and found out that right now the Bodyguard 380 is basically a POS.  I read quite a few reivews with all the same problems; takedown lever falling off after 200-300 rounds.  Trigger being broken right out of the box or breaking within 200-300 rounds.  The laser buttons falling off, not working and being really hard to use.  I found out WHY the laser is so hard to activate, the butons are a horrible design and don't make contact properly.

This is really unfortunate as S&W is a real big name in the industry, so it's sad to see something I wnated so much to be such a letdown.

Where did you see these reviews?  Llinks?
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 6:35:44 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I thought I really wanted one but sadly handled one in person and was very let down. The look and feel in your hand is very cheap, it feels like a toy to me. I couldn't understand why a gun with a built in laser doesn't have a grip activated switch but a goofy tiny push button  

There was a Kahr p380 right next to it. THAT gun is a winner and I think I'm going to go that route.
Link Posted: 8/24/2010 9:32:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Reviews and failures:

SW forum - http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-semi-auto-pistols/150304-bodyguard-380-happened-me-too.html

SW forum - http://smith-wessonforum.com/smith-wesson-semi-auto-pistols/150304-bodyguard-380-happened-me-too.html

SW 380 forum - http://www.bodyguard380.com/forums/

I WANTED this gun.  So i am really unhappy that it sucks so bad.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top