Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/21/2011 5:21:32 PM EDT
Had a demo today with HK. Supposedly in 2012 HK will be releasing a striker fired economy priced handgun based loosely on the P30 (and uses P30 magazines). MSRP is in the $600s. No other info at this time. The demo was personal for me and was provided by an actual HK sales manager, not some dipshit gunshop commando. I'm kinda excited.

Here's a few toys I played with.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Ahhh you got to dip into the traveling cases!

I've had the chance to do that as well.  Those HK reps are PIMPS.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:27:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Now that is what I call a GOOD DAY!
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Ahhh you got to dip into the traveling cases!

I've had the chance to do that as well.  Those HK reps are PIMPS.

Dude was pimp. He called me last week when he heard I was looking to buy. I told him today was the only day to spare I had for a month. No prob he says and orders a case of the 4.7 overnight. It helps that he lives 20 minutes away. Cool ass day for sure.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:05:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Man.....I wish I could get to play with HK's like those.......

I wouldn't mind that UMP or HK MR556 or HK416 at all....
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:13:35 PM EDT
[#5]
There has been talk about the striker fired P30 for quite some time on HKPRO.  There were several threads on it there but I have not been keeping up with them since the P30 really does not interest me or the striker fired version, but if you want to read what they have been talking about over there you might want to search it and see what they are saying.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:15:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Good. I'm the first one that gets to tell you that you suck..........and I hate you.

Will keep my eyes open for the new model. I just hope they don't cut costs to the point that it cheapens the brand. Quality that it.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:17:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
There has been talk about the striker fired P30 for quite some time on HKPRO.  There were several threads on it there but I have not been keeping up with them since the P30 really does not interest me or the striker fired version, but if you want to read what they have been talking about over there you might want to search it and see what they are saying.

Headed there now.

Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:27:48 PM EDT
[#8]
If the striker-fired P30-type comes to fruition, sure hope they do something about mag prices.

Seems like about a $15 difference between HK mags and Glock mags, and my gut tells me the HK striker is meant to be a direct Glock competitor.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 6:45:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I think HK is really onto something with the grip they came up with for the P30 and HK45

The gun feels great.

Now if they can produce a 5 pound striker type trigger with short reset and maintain the reliability they are known for..... I may buy

I'm a Glock guy now.... Love 1911s (work doesn't allow me to carry) .... And still use SW revolvers for backup
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:30:54 PM EDT
[#10]
I like what they are doing now, I don't really see the need for them to make a striker fired pistol, but I am sure it will be pretty sweet. I don't know if I need to have one, but should be interesting to see at the very least.

I hope they keep to their word about the MRSP range of $600ish. It will still be too expensive to compete with the Glocks, XD's and M&P's, unless you shop at gander mountain....
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 9:31:39 PM EDT
[#11]
They get the bore axis a lot lower?  That's my biggest complaint with the HK handgun line.
Link Posted: 11/21/2011 10:03:12 PM EDT
[#12]

Damn, looks like you had one hell of a Monday!!

For, me personaly, I am not the biggest fan, of striker fired, pistols
But, I would be intersted to see what HK could do with it.
At the $600 range might introduce more people to the world of HK.

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 2:02:26 AM EDT
[#13]
I heard rumblings of this on hkpro but thought it to be just wishful thinking.
I hope it comes to market
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:55:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If the striker-fired P30-type comes to fruition, sure hope they do something about mag prices.

Seems like about a $15 difference between HK mags and Glock mags, and my gut tells me the HK striker is meant to be a direct Glock competitor.

That was one of the first questions I asked.  You aren't going to like the answer.  

Quoted:
They get the bore axis a lot lower?  That's my biggest complaint with the HK handgun line.

And that was the second question I asked.  He said it was definitely lower.  Seems the only real commonality will be some kind of P30 type frame.
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 2:51:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Get a P7
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#16]
I would not mind handling and shooting that MP7.......
Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:11:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's ridiculously fun, especially with the suppressor.

One more just to rub it in.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2011 5:40:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's ridiculously fun, especially with the suppressor.

One more just to rub it in.  

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/mailbcw/08e0bcb6-1.jpg
I hate you. Now your on my shit list Take care brother. Thanks for sharing the HK experience.

Link Posted: 11/23/2011 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Get a P7

Already have one

Would really like something lighter, less expensive and with more magazine capacity... all of which I have in the USP, but I don't like the muzzle flip from the high bore axis vs the P7 or something like a Glock or M&P.
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Striker fired P30 = PPQ .  
Link Posted: 11/23/2011 6:11:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Striker fired P30 = PPQ .  

QFT.

If I didn't already have 2 9mm pistols, a PPQ would be next up on my "to have" list.
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 1:09:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Had a demo today with HK. Supposedly in 2012 HK will be releasing a striker fired economy priced handgun based loosely on the P30 (and uses P30 magazines). MSRP is in the $600s. No other info at this time. The demo was personal for me and was provided by an actual HK sales manager, not some dipshit gunshop commando. I'm kinda excited.

Here's a few toys I played with.

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/mailbcw/9b4f4c4c.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/mailbcw/7695baf7.jpg

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff98/mailbcw/b562b043.jpg

OH PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

Thats It i'm not buying shit Until after 2012 SHOT.

WAIT OH SNAP THIS IS NOT GOOD.
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 5:18:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Had a demo today with HK. Supposedly in 2012 HK will be releasing a striker fired economy priced handgun based loosely on the P30 (and uses P30 magazines). MSRP is in the $600s.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  
Link Posted: 11/24/2011 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#24]
No word on the P30L LEM yet?
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 7:16:19 AM EDT
[#25]
Why would you want a striker fired P30 over say something like a P2k LEMV1?
Just curious.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 7:20:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Just curious.

No external hammer, reason I carry a Glock.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 8:06:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Just curious.

Lower bore height.  Plenty of other reasons.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 8:41:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just curious.

No external hammer, reason I carry a Glock.

The reason I carry a H&K! Edit: P2k, USPC
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Why would someone want a semi-auto masquerading as a revolver?

Never understood the LEM devotion.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 11:35:38 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Whaaa?

Link Posted: 11/25/2011 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 11/25/2011 12:25:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Tagged for viewing at home.
Link Posted: 11/25/2011 6:18:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just curious.

Lower bore height.  Plenty of other reasons.

Like a trigger that (hopefully) doesn't suck along with a short reset.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 1:27:40 PM EDT
[#34]
Not really interested in striker fired systems for handguns, even if H&K builds it.

I don't see it happening at all because it's  just not part of HK's business model.

Why should a forward thinking company like HK waste their time to  re-invent the wheel and bring a bargain handgun to the masses?  

The Glock's been done already.
Link Posted: 11/26/2011 10:00:58 PM EDT
[#35]
Gonna release a "Heckler and Glock" eh???
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 6:21:29 AM EDT
[#36]
It is actually a smart move by H&K.

Like it or not, striker fired pistols are a huge market, both for LE and military, as well as civilian sales.  I'm sure the observant minds at HK have noticed this, and the success of their German rival Walther's PPQ.
If offering a stirker fired pistol can add to corporate profitability, why not?

And offering it at a "realistic" price point is a win/win for the company and customers alike.

Of course the old timers who purchased their HKs simply because they were expensive will be miffed, but who cares about them anyway?

Link Posted: 11/27/2011 6:33:06 AM EDT
[#37]
I hope we see it
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 1:48:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Like it or not, striker fired pistols are a huge market, both for LE and military, as well as civilian sales.  I'm sure the observant minds at HK have noticed this, and the success of their German rival Walther's PPQ.

And offering it at a "realistic" price point is a win/win for the company and customers alike.

Of course the old timers who purchased their HKs simply because they were expensive will be miffed, but who cares about them anyway?

Don't hold your breath my friend.  HK management has ZERO interest in pursuing this.  

Wait and see.  

Link Posted: 11/27/2011 1:51:40 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't hold your breath my friend.  HK management has ZERO interest in pursuing this.  

Wait and see.  

My info came directly from the sales manager for the Central Time Zone. Where does yours?
Link Posted: 11/27/2011 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#40]
This won't be their first go at a striker fired pistol here guys.
Link Posted: 11/28/2011 7:29:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait and see.  

My info came directly from the sales manager for the Central Time Zone. Where does yours?

I asked a HK executive at the NRA Convention about the possibility of a  striker fired P30 (AKA P40) and he stated that HK has no desire or  plans to make one.

Could be a case of the "left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing" though.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2011 8:06:54 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wait and see.  

I asked a HK executive at the NRA Convention about the possibility of a  striker fired P30 (AKA P40) and he stated that HK has no desire or  plans to make one.

Could be a case of the "left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing" though.  

Yeah I think it could go either way.  I still haven't figured out why they have the MP5 in their product list.
Link Posted: 11/28/2011 5:31:05 PM EDT
[#43]
I really hope this goes through. Hopefully they can do it and maintain reliability and give Glock a run for their money in the striker fired market. I would definitely buy one, I just hope they're made in Germany, and not in the US like the HK45's.
Link Posted: 11/28/2011 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I really hope this goes through. Hopefully they can do it and maintain reliability and give Glock a run for their money in the striker fired market. I would definitely buy one, I just hope they're made in Germany, and not in the US like the HK45's.

I didn't ask but I would bet on US production. Even Glocks are made here now.
Link Posted: 11/29/2011 1:36:29 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Good lord I'm tired of hearing/reading this. Why the hell does it matter if it's made here in the US or in Germany?
Link Posted: 11/29/2011 1:55:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Just hope it's a better setup than FNs, where they use the same slide/barrel/frame configuration so it has the same handling qualities.

I want LOW bore axis, sleek slide, fast handling, along with the HK mag release and manual safety options.  P7 meets USP-C with just a hint of M&P influence.

It'd be really interesting if they'd reconstitute the P9s roller lock operating system in order to get back to the fixed barrel. Or even the gas retarded system from the P7. Maybe in another iteration of pistol design.  
Quoted:
Quoted:

And that was the second question I asked.  He said it was definitely lower.  Seems the only real commonality will be some kind of P30 type frame.

P30 frame sets the hand a lot lower on the grip because of the hammer mechanism.  If you compare any HK USP or derivative to a P7, Glock, or M&P grip you will see how much lower the gun sits in the hand.  Something like a P7 or P9 also puts the bore a lot lower in the slide, further reducing the bore axis.
Link Posted: 11/29/2011 2:27:24 PM EDT
[#47]
With m&ps at $400 and glock at 550$ and xds about the same or less, it better be in that price range or it won't compete.
Link Posted: 11/29/2011 2:48:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just hope it's a better setup than FNs, where they use the same slide/barrel/frame configuration so it has the same handling qualities.

I want LOW bore axis, sleek slide, fast handling, along with the HK mag release and manual safety options.  P7 meets USP-C with just a hint of M&P influence.

It'd be really interesting if they'd reconstitute the P9s roller lock operating system in order to get back to the fixed barrel. Or even the gas retarded system from the P7. Maybe in another iteration of pistol design.  
Quoted:
Quoted:

P30 frame sets the hand a lot lower on the grip because of the hammer mechanism.  If you compare any HK USP or derivative to a P7, Glock, or M&P grip you will see how much lower the gun sits in the hand.  Something like a P7 or P9 also puts the bore a lot lower in the slide, further reducing the bore axis.

I think the low bore on the P7 is due to the fixed barrel.  I don't own one but the lack of a need for a lug would certainly lower it.
Link Posted: 12/1/2011 8:00:10 PM EDT
[#49]
You guys are quite demanding, if they build a striker fired weapon of the quality they are known for with a thumb safety of the quality expected from H&K, I'll buy one or more.
Link Posted: 12/2/2011 1:39:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Had a demo today with HK. Supposedly in 2012 HK will be releasing a striker fired economy priced handgun based loosely on the P30

That's how we know this is all BS

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top