Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 24
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 6:07:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which 22LR conversion works best with 80% frames?
Does the 22LR conversion typically come with a threaded barrel?
View Quote
Advantage arms is what I used. Had to do some file work on the locking block to fit tho. Threaded barrel is sold separately. Just put another 100rnds through mine
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
FYI:  P80 told me that their new serialized frames are going to be completed frames not 80%.  Brownells had a sale the other week where you could buy any p80's or pre order the serialized frames, all were $119.  It doesn't matter to me if its an 80% or firearm because I like the aesthetics and feel of the p80's but yeah $119., and they serialize and do the work...
View Quote
I wonder if anyone that bought one on sale had to supply an FFL? Interesting
Link Posted: 3/4/2018 8:48:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
FYI:  P80 told me that their new serialized frames are going to be completed frames not 80%.  Brownells had a sale the other week where you could buy any p80's or pre order the serialized frames, all were $119.  It doesn't matter to me if its an 80% or firearm because I like the aesthetics and feel of the p80's but yeah $119., and they serialize and do the work...
When I saw the sale I was curious and emailed P80 just because all of the pics that I had been able to see of the serialized frames were of all completed frames.  I found it strange that P80 is completing them because well then its not an 80%.  Unfortunately I didn't hear back from P80 until the day after the sale.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 10:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

When I saw the sale I was curious and emailed P80 just because all of the pics that I had been able to see of the serialized frames were of all completed frames.  I found it strange that P80 is completing them because well then its not an 80%.  Unfortunately I didn't hear back from P80 until the day after the sale.
View Quote
I think selling completed frames make sense.  I don't know how many people are out there but there are some that don't want to put the work but like the new grip feel.
Link Posted: 3/5/2018 5:32:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 12:19:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:  Besides, once machined, the frame cannot be returned, transfered, given, bartered, sold, or accidently lost to anybody.  The only way to dispose of it is the photo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:  Besides, once machined, the frame cannot be returned, transfered, given, bartered, sold, or accidently lost to anybody.  The only way to dispose of it is the photo.
Incorrect.  It cannot be machined w/ the intent to sell.  Once machined, it is a Title 1 firearm and can be treated as any other Title 1 firearm.  There is debate over whether an 80% can be completed with intent to gift.

Quoted:  Uh, 80% frames can be transferred. You just have to serialize it.
BATFE would like you to engrave a serial number on it before you transfer it.  There does not appear to be such a requirement in law for non-licensed manufacturers.
Link Posted: 3/7/2018 3:23:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I sent back the Magpul magwells after not being able to seat a full mag.  I bought a few from Cain Arms, and these things leave NO gap and seat a full mag.  They are 3D printed, so you can see the striations  They are bad ass, though.

save10 gets you 10% off you order.  They're like $16.50 shipped

cainarms.com/store/glock/

IMG_20180307_131325 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/152204522@N02/]

IMG_20180307_131340 by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/152204522@N02/]
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:47:23 PM EDT
[#8]
What are you guys using for mag releases?  I tried an agency arms and it wont fit.  Sounds like the extended release is way too long.  So maybe just the OEM?
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:50:45 PM EDT
[#9]
I use OEM and cut them down.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 9:59:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
What are you guys using for mag releases?  I tried an agency arms and it wont fit.  Sounds like the extended release is way too long.  So maybe just the OEM?
View Quote
I like this one, it doesn't stick out past the grip and it's aluminum.

https://www.ndzperformance.com/NDZ-Glock-Gen-1-4-Magazine-Release-Stock-Black-p/gmr-g3-std-blk.htm
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:22:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Anyone here planning on getting the new 26 size frame?
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 10:29:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'll probably build one of the new poly1911 frames 1st though
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes, but my real desire is for one of the .45cal frames.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 11:08:12 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Incorrect.  It cannot be machined w/ the intent to sell.  Once machined, it is a Title 1 firearm and can be treated as any other Title 1 firearm.  There is debate over whether an 80% can be completed with intent to gift.

BATFE would like you to engrave a serial number on it before you transfer it.  There does not appear to be such a requirement in law for non-licensed manufacturers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:  Uh, 80% frames can be transferred. You just have to serialize it.
@backbencher is right.

This has been discussed at nauseam in many other sub forums.  I get it, we all want to obey the laws so we stay far away from the lines. The laws aren't the easiest to read and understand.  It only makes it worse when false information is spread and repeated.  
Bottom line, aside from state laws, federally, unless you are a licensed manufacturer, you can make guns same as you can buy them.  If you later decide you want to sell, give or will it to another person, there are no laws, rulings or restrictions beyond those in place for transferring any other firearm.

ALL of the federal laws for serializing firearms apply to licensed manufacturers, not unlicensed makers.

If you aren't fluent in lawyer/legal speak, should does not equal shall.  The reg identified it thst for licensed manufacturers.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 2:03:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Those would fit 10mm too?
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 2:03:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I like this one, it doesn't stick out past the grip and it's aluminum.

https://www.ndzperformance.com/NDZ-Glock-Gen-1-4-Magazine-Release-Stock-Black-p/gmr-g3-std-blk.htm
View Quote
Purchased.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 2:07:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes...
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 3:25:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I have OD green coming, Ill take a pic for you. I did not know they had cobalt. I would imagine it's a  midnight blue color

Ed, sorry for the confusion.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have to say, Polymer80 (and every place selling their frames) does a really shitty job of posting photos of the different color options. I tried to check out the new colors, but all I can find show the frames in the jigs. You can't even really see what colors the damned things are. Obviously, "Robin's Egg Blue" and "White" are pretty self-explanatory, but I'd like to actually see what the "Cobalt" looks like.

What would REALLY be cool is to see ALL of the color options together in ONE picture (not shown inside a jig) with the same lighting. That way we could all see the differences in the Coyote and FDE, how dark the Gray is, etc.
I have OD green coming, Ill take a pic for you. I did not know they had cobalt. I would imagine it's a  midnight blue color

LOL, I concur. Colors on the screen arn't exactly true to life.  I wish that there was a known quantity in each photo, like a dollar bill, and a quareter, both to do scale AND color.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 3:30:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
LOL, I concur. Colors on the screen arn't exactly true to life.  I wish that there was a known quantity in each photo, like a dollar bill, and a quareter, both to do scale AND color.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have to say, Polymer80 (and every place selling their frames) does a really shitty job of posting photos of the different color options. I tried to check out the new colors, but all I can find show the frames in the jigs. You can't even really see what colors the damned things are. Obviously, "Robin's Egg Blue" and "White" are pretty self-explanatory, but I'd like to actually see what the "Cobalt" looks like.

What would REALLY be cool is to see ALL of the color options together in ONE picture (not shown inside a jig) with the same lighting. That way we could all see the differences in the Coyote and FDE, how dark the Gray is, etc.

Cobalt is dark gray, like the color of cobalt, not cobalt blue.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 11:19:36 PM EDT
[#20]
I hope they're going Gen 3 on the Large Frames, too.

Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 11:27:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

They will.  Gen 4 is still patented for another 7-14 years, depending on type of patent.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 8:39:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
They will.  Gen 4 is still patented for another 7-14 years, depending on type of patent.
View Quote
I've heard the patent thing too but it didn't stop Glockstore from doing their SS80 G43.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 9:14:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I've heard the patent thing too but it didn't stop Glockstore from doing their SS80 G43.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
G43 doesn't have the adjustable back strap, which is the only Gen 4 specific patent I can find.  If P80 left out the adjustable back strap or used a different method they could probably do a Gen 4 compatible model.  There may be more I wasn't able to find though.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 9:54:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Thought LoneWolf or someone had already done a replaceable backstrap?  I know Ruger has done so as well.
Link Posted: 3/11/2018 10:16:37 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Thought LoneWolf or someone had already done a replaceable backstrap?  I know Ruger has done so as well.
View Quote
Glock's patent covers an attachment that uses a point on the frame along with a pin through the attachment, frame, and trigger housing.
Link Posted: 3/12/2018 2:12:27 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote
Im gonna pick one up as soon as they come out.  I have a spare 19 slide that needs a home and for some reason a longslide 26 seems like a fantastic idea.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 2:53:26 PM EDT
[#27]
you shouldn't of had to trim it. it's a bitch to get in but it goes in the way it comes.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#28]
anyone done a single stack frame poly 80 yet??
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 3:05:33 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
Have they even started shipping yet?
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
i just noticed they are on pre order with estimated mid march delivery
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 9:36:58 PM EDT
[#31]
I thought glock store was the only one making single stack?
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I thought glock store was the only one making single stack?
View Quote
FM Products is making them for Glockstore.  I've seen a few dealers with them for pre-order, no other distributors though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 11:18:04 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
FM Products is making them for Glockstore.  I've seen a few dealers with them for pre-order, no other distributors though.
View Quote
so is that a poly80 product?
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 11:20:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I mean it's polymer and it's an 80%, but no, it's not a Polymer80 product.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
intersting...

it seems simple enough that many companies could produce this, but i know even Poly80 has had some hiccups so i'm curious to see how this one turns out.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 11:28:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
intersting...

it seems simple enough that many companies could produce this, but i know even Poly80 has had some hiccups so i'm curious to see how this one turns out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
intersting...

FM is also making the Liberty 1911 for Freedom Concepts Laboratory.  It and the SS80 are both very similar in concept to P80s products.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 11:40:34 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
FM is also making the Liberty 1911 for Freedom Concepts Laboratory.  It and the SS80 are both very similar in concept to P80s products.
View Quote
nice... it's hard to get a reasonably priced g43 in CA (and even piecing together an SS80 isn't all that cheap), so i'm tempted to give this a go.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 5:13:03 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
nice... it's hard to get a reasonably priced g43 in CA (and even piecing together an SS80 isn't all that cheap), so i'm tempted to give this a go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That ain’t no lie.  Seems like every one I’ve seen on Cal Guns is going for 900+.

So far, for my SS80, not including spare mags and +2 baseplates I’m right at 650.  Which is still too much for what it is, but a lot better than it could be.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 8:39:03 PM EDT
[#39]
Wish they would hurry up with the 20/21 size frames before the ban hammer comes down !!!
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Wish they would hurry up with the 20/21 size frames before the ban hammer comes down !!!
View Quote
Connecticut working on a ban of homebuilt firearms?
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Last I heard Connecticut had legalized STEN builds by accident & I was cutting down mags to 10 rounds & shipping them.
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Pretty much, Good Ol Malloy trying to pass new laws banning home built pistols and rifles !! Got to love the Unconstitutional State of Connecticut !!
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 10:08:34 PM EDT
[#43]
You'll have to build them outside?  Given your weather, that's torture.
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#44]
Just got my g34 back from the range. When i got there, the pistol would still hang just a bit if you rode the slide home. I knew about that and worked most of it out, but figured shooting it would take me the rest of the way.

Started out short stroking and not ejecting. After a while it started ejecting, but not loading. After around 150 rounds it was ejecting and cycling, but ejection was still a little weak and erratic. Sometimes forward, sometimes off to the right. I'm hopeful it will settle in after another couple hundred rounds.

Alpha wolf slide, alpha wolf barrel, lone wolf upper parts, Glock recoil assy, Glock lower parts with 30274 ejector.

Side note: apparently the alpha wolf machining for the front sight screw recess is a little off. I had trouble getting it cinched down, but I thought I had it. Apparently not, because my front sight fell off and ended up in Narnia because I couldn't find the damn thing.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 12:13:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Just started my first build. So far just the frame. The parts will be comeing in today. Drilling the holes using the Jig. They were a little off. I will post pictures later. Be nice to have a jig with steel insterts. But wow it does feel very nice. I like the under cut in the trigger gard. Its the G19.Attachment Attached File

It turned out good 45 min!
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 1:51:49 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote
the lpk i got came with extended slide release and extended mag release. the mag release does dig into my hand some but i haven't bothered changing it out.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 2:54:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
the lpk i got came with extended slide release and extended mag release. the mag release does dig into my hand some but i haven't bothered changing it out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've been using this one. It doesn't stick out like the extended ones and it's aluminum.

NDZ Black Standard Magazine Release for Glock Gen 1-3

Link Posted: 3/28/2018 6:29:31 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
intersting...

This is the first time i have heard of this! Do you know where to buy it from? Any threads on someone building with this? If i knew about this i would have bought one of those RIA slides when they were on sale at SARCO.
Link Posted: 3/28/2018 7:41:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This is the first time i have heard of this! Do you know where to buy it from? Any threads on someone building with this? If i knew about this i would have bought one of those RIA slides when they were on sale at SARCO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
intersting...

Brownells, Glockstore, & Primary Arms. Not available yet though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2018 5:47:49 PM EDT
[#50]
Anyone have a problem with the trigger not resetting if held back? If so, how did you fix it.

My wife's P80 will reset the trigger if its released when the slide goes forward, but hold it through the cycle, it stays back. Any thoughts?
Page / 24
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top