BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 5:56:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I don’t shoot 500 rds through every factory Glock mag to make sure it works, but they are proven reliable item. I understand putting a larger amount of rounds through a new to the market item that doesn’t have a long proven track record. However, if I go through 4-5 mag loadings with no issues I’m likely to call it good. But more is better if you have the time, money and inclination.
View Quote

If I'm carrying something that could decide life or death it better have not a single malfunction. That's why the testing is worth it. I didn't buy these as a range toy.
Link Posted: 7/30/2023 6:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:02:51 AM EDT
[#3]
I picked up two mags because of this thread, a regular one and a silver one. I may be the odd man out, but both choked in my 43x. I loaded them with my UpLULA. Both had their followers stick while loading—more than once. Then both had FTFs while firing, for the same reason. When I pulled both mags out on experiencing the FTFs, they had loose rounds because of a stuck follower. WWB 115 grain. 40 rounds between the two mags before I gave up and went back to the Glock mags, which of course ran without problems.

I’m not going to try keeping them loaded for weeks, or take them apart to check springs or followers. It’s back to OEM for me. In my case the better mouse trap wasn’t.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 12:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Both had their followers stick while loading—more than once.
View Quote

You know I noticed that as well. Upon looking into the magazine, I noticed a bunch of rough plastic on the inside. Lots of things for a follower to get hung up on.

Photo doesn't do it justice - there was quite a bit of it. One or two blobs of solid polymer in the corners. I don't think a polymer interior is a good idea..
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 7:49:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 5:07:13 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The amount of " testing " some of you do boggles my mind.

If I shoot a full mag and it works, I call it good. If it has some problem, I try again. If it's some break in issue it usually resolves by the second run through. If it works, I call it good.

Mag issues other than worn out springs, usually present right away.
View Quote

You’d be wise to test your life saving equipment a bit more than one mag worth. This is even more true when dealing with a brand new product like this.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:17:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

You’d be wise to test your life saving equipment a bit more than one mag worth. This is even more true when dealing with a brand new product like this.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  The amount of " testing " some of you do boggles my mind.

If I shoot a full mag and it works, I call it good. If it has some problem, I try again. If it's some break in issue it usually resolves by the second run through. If it works, I call it good.

Mag issues other than worn out springs, usually present right away.

Until my Glock gets back from being fixed, I'm carrying a tiny little CZ 9mm that I won at a gun show.  I plan to sell it as soon as I get the Glock 26 back & test it, so I haven't even shot the little CZ.

If I have to use it, I'll post up an AAR after I get no-billed.  

ETA:  The interior pic of that mag above looks like one of my 3-D Glock mag printing attempts.
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I picked up two mags because of this thread, a regular one and a silver one. I may be the odd man out, but both choked in my 43x. I loaded them with my UpLULA. Both had their followers stick while loading—more than once. Then both had FTFs while firing, for the same reason. When I pulled both mags out on experiencing the FTFs, they had loose rounds because of a stuck follower. WWB 115 grain. 40 rounds between the two mags before I gave up and went back to the Glock mags, which of course ran without problems.

I’m not going to try keeping them loaded for weeks, or take them apart to check springs or followers. It’s back to OEM for me. In my case the better mouse trap wasn’t.
View Quote

Send them to me for proper disposal. I have 20 dagger mags and all have been flawless
Link Posted: 7/31/2023 9:28:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Until my Glock gets back from being fixed, I'm carrying a tiny little CZ 9mm that I won at a gun show.  I plan to sell it as soon as I get the Glock 26 back & test it, so I haven't even shot the little CZ.

ETA:  The interior pic of that mag above looks like one of my 3-D Glock mag printing attempts.
View Quote

What the actual hell @backbencher.  
Call Glock and get that 26 back or pick up another carry gun.  Seems they have forgotten about your gun.

Are you running a P10M?
I will let it slide if it is a Rammie.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 12:27:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Call Glock and get that 26 back or pick up another carry gun.  Seems they have forgotten about your gun.

Are you running a P10M?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you running a P10M?

I need to call em again.  It's been about a month.

I think no one ever called em on 33 rnd mags not feeding right in the 26, and they really don't want to change the label on 8700 magazine boxes to remove 26 from the label.

ETA:  Yep, it is the little P10M.  Only has 7 rounds in a coffin mag.  Not ideal, but was able to sell the Taurus G3C & the Canik I was carrying instead of the Glock.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You know I noticed that as well. Upon looking into the magazine, I noticed a bunch of rough plastic on the inside. Lots of things for a follower to get hung up on. https://i.imgur.com/aDuXlMQ.jpg

Photo doesn't do it justice - there was quite a bit of it. One or two blobs of solid polymer in the corners. I don't think a polymer interior is a good idea..
View Quote

That reminds me of the metal lined Korean Glock mags that came out 15+ years ago. All of them had plastic flashing inside the magazine that hindered the movement of the follower. The Koreans solved that eventually. My last batch of their 33rd metal lined Glock mags were perfect with no internal plastic flashing.

I disassembled my 2 Micro Dagger mags and this is what I found.

Mag 1 - has plastic flashing near the mag catch area.
Attachment Attached File

Mag 2 - also has plastic flashing near the mag catch area.
Attachment Attached File

Both of these mags functioned / fired perfectly with 2 loadings in my Glock 43X.

However, I think and Exacto knife might reach them and clean them up. Or a punch wrapped in sandpaper.

Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:49:20 AM EDT
[#12]
Anyone coming out with extendo base plates for these?
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 6:29:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Update on my two mags. I pulled them apart and, yes, a lot of plastic flashing in both of them. I removed as much of the globs (leaving the flattened flashing alone) as I could get to. Needing to do this irritates me.

Results:
Black mag- 100 rounds. 1 early lock open, 1 FTF trying a very loose weak hand grip.

Stainless mag- 105 rounds. 1 FTF with another very loose weak hand grip.

TBH, I haven’t vetted the Glock mags like this, so I don’t know if a limp weak hand will choke it.

Two hands and strong hand grips had no problems. Still, this is sloppy manufacturing IMO.

In fairness, Palmetto has already given me an RMA for the mags.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#14]
I have the distinct disadvantage of when I finally try my magazines, I won't know if it's the magazines or the gun causing an issue.

My gun didn't come with and I never bought any OEM magazines

I might try taking my two apart tomorrow and getting rid of any visible flashing and then loading them and letting them sit before hopefully trying them out on friday.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 7:27:41 PM EDT
[#15]
This is edging into HiPoint & Taurus fluff & buff territory.  
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 7:42:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
This is edging into HiPoint & Taurus fluff & buff territory.  
View Quote

Kel-Tek has the Fluff & Buff® market cornered
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  This is edging into HiPoint & Taurus fluff & buff territory.  

I run all my KelTecs stock.
Link Posted: 8/1/2023 9:28:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:32:31 AM EDT
[#19]
I think @PalmettoStateArmory needs to add a polishing step to remove the plastic flashing (see above) in these Micro Dagger mags that is causing FTF's Glock 43x/48's?
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I think @PalmettoStateArmory needs to add a polishing step to remove the plastic flashing (see above) in these Micro Dagger mags that is causing FTF's Glock 43x/48's?
View Quote

H&R does hand polishing.  Maybe list them there, so they'll only be in stock for 30 min every 2 weeks?  
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 2:28:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

If anyone has an issue, feel free to PM me. I will get you taken care of.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

Nice.
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 6:44:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

If anyone has an issue, feel free to PM me. I will get you taken care of.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

You the man!
Link Posted: 8/2/2023 10:50:44 PM EDT
[#24]
My 43x didn’t like shield mags…ordered 2 slick PSA ones to see how they work.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 9:46:30 AM EDT
[#25]
Well, ran four of eight  magazines yesterday. The only "bobble" was the first round (ball) failing to chamber. Other than that, they ran fine. Mind you this is on a 43X with a PMM comp on it. The SAR ammo is a bit on the weak side so the brass was piled up in a nice neat pile. Not so much for the 147 grain HST. The 124 grain +P HST gets thrown into the next county.......
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 10:16:49 AM EDT
[#26]
After seeing the pictures here of plastic flashing on the inside of the mags, I inspected mine.  Of the original two I purchased and tested so far, both show similar signs of flashing, however, thee mags have not given me any problems thus far.  I have 4 new mags that I recently received but have yet to test, all of which look fine on the inside with no signs of flashing.  This begs the question...is the flashing issue occurring with use, or is it just an issue with certain batches of mags?  Time will tell I guess, but I'm hoping this isn't a sign of longevity issues with these.
Link Posted: 8/3/2023 1:28:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Finally got around to testing my one PSA md mag.
I took Fiocchi 115 grain fmj and Speer Lawman 124 grain fmj.
First up was the 115 Fiocchi. Ran through two mags of this perfectly.
I was impressed.

Then I switched to the 124 grain Speer fmj. It didn’t like those so much.
Ran two mags of the 124 with one failure on one and two failures on the other.
All three failures were fail to completely feed. Round would be about half way into the chamber.

Funny thing is my s15 did the exact opposite. They would jam like crazy with the 115
but had zero problems running the 124.

So far I’m not overly impressed with either one of them.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 6:56:40 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I was impressed.

All three failures were fail to completely feed. Round would be about half way into the chamber.

Funny thing is my s15 did the exact opposite. They would jam like crazy with the 115

View Quote

How about some more details?
Stock Glock 43X or 48?
Stock Glock Slide or Micro Dagger Slide?

Any other modifications to your gun?

Do you PSA MD mags have plastic flashing inside the mag tube by the mag catch?
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 7:23:47 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Anyone coming out with extendo base plates for these?
View Quote

I disassemble one my Shield Arms mags that has a Taran Tactical +5 baseplate plus extra length spring in it.
https://tarantacticalinnovations.com/tti-5-basepad-for-shield-arms-gen-1-magazines-for-the-glock-48-and-43x/

Side note - Taran Tactical says this +5 base plate only works on Gen 1 Shield Arms mags with red followers and not the gray follower. My SA mags have gray followers but I couldn't tell you what generation they are. Anywho these +5 base plates with extra length springs work perfectly with my SA mags.

The TT +5 base plate slides on to the PSA Micro Dagger. However the PSA MD has a lip on the lower edge that prevents the TT base plate from going all the way on.

Attachment Attached File

Comparison of the PSA MD mag body lip on left SA mag body on right:
Attachment Attached File

I would think the lip on the PSA MD mag could be sanded down to allow the TT base plate to fit.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 8:01:40 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Stock Glock 43X or 48?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was impressed.

Stock Glock 43X or 48?

No mods to the 48, bone stock.
I did take mag apart. There was a small bit of plastic flashing inside.
I did remove most of it.

I will try again next trip to the range.
Link Posted: 8/4/2023 10:02:57 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I did remove most of it.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I was impressed.

Stock Glock 43X or 48?

I did remove most of it.

Link Posted: 8/8/2023 9:57:41 AM EDT
[#32]
Picked one up to try out in my G48.  Surprisingly, I'm getting a fail to eject about 1x per mag.  Maybe the next round is feeding up too fast?  Does not happen with OEM 10 rounders.  I'll keep shooting it to see if it clears up.
Link Posted: 8/9/2023 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Picked one up to try out in my G48.  Surprisingly, I'm getting a fail to eject about 1x per mag.  Maybe the next round is feeding up too fast?  Does not happen with OEM 10 rounders.  I'll keep shooting it to see if it clears up.
View Quote

@BattlePack

Disassemble the mag and check for plastic flashing in the magazine body near the mag catch. Report back.
Link Posted: 8/15/2023 3:43:15 PM EDT
[#34]
I finally was able to test mine out. I have two of the slick finished mags.

I shot 110 rounds total, with 60 being 147 gr federal JHP and 50 being 115gr perfecta brass cased FMJ split evenly between two mags in a stock 43x.

all 60 rounds of 147gr were flawless.

I had three failures to eject on the 115gr, with all three getting the casing wedged in the slide, forcing a magazine removal to clear the stoppage, and in all three cases a live round came out with them.

Im unsure if this was a cause of the magazine or underpowered ammo causing the slide to not cycle completely. I have read that subcompact guns dont like lighter ammo. Not sure though.

I think id be ok carrying these, as id carry the 147gr anyway. Will test more before committing to daily carry though.
Link Posted: 8/17/2023 7:45:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 12:07:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Realize I'm coming late to the party here.  I've been sitting on my micro dagger mags for a while until I could try them out.
Went to the range this morning with my three mags, three different loads, and my chronograph. 115 fmj at average of 1150, 124 +p gold dots at average of 1142, and 147 fmj subsonic at average of 865.  Put them through my 43X.
Only malfunction I had was the first mag with 147, after the first shot, the second round failed to feed. Pulled mag, pulled slide and round fell out the bottom.  Stuck it back in the mag, and proceeded to shoot a combined 280 rounds of these loads without issue.  After that one hiccup everything fed and ejected perfectly fine, slide locked when empty, with all three mags and all three loads through each mag.  the 115 and 147 were my reloads, just for informational purposes.
I do believe these are good to go.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:19:10 PM EDT
[#37]
I have 4 PSA mags and they have all been good to go after a few hundred rounds. I hate the PSA logo on the base plates (I know that’s petty) any one tried any other baseplates or extensions to see if they fit?  I know a few post up someone talked about Glock base plates and TTI extensions.
Link Posted: 9/2/2023 2:59:43 PM EDT
[#38]
I’m almost afraid to try mine out blasting ammo away. I haven’t had issues with the gen 2 shield mags I have, just hate that I have to switch the mag catch to use the oem mags.
Link Posted: 9/9/2023 5:24:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:08:02 AM EDT
[#40]
I ran another 150 rounds of mixed FMJ thru my 4 mags this weekend, no issues.  Now I just need to test a few mags worth of my carry ammo (HST) before trusting them for carry use.  So far my experience with these are much better than that with the Shied Arms mags.

Link Posted: 9/11/2023 10:00:29 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 9/14/2023 12:02:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Page / 6
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top