User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:32:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ordered my Tacops today. I'm new to my area, and thought I would try the FFL down the street. He said it's not in stock and he's not able to place a back order, so we'll see how long it takes.
View Quote
Just got one myself, should have been this way from the start, going to sell two convertable Macros now..
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 9:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
If you want a light flush with the slide or shorter, you can always run an Olight :)

https://s3.amazonaws.com/mgm-content/sites/armslist/uploads/posts/2022/12/13/14293243_02_sig_p365_x_macro_w_holosun_407_640.jpg
View Quote

Any chance you know what model that Olight is? Thanks
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 12:33:49 AM EDT
[#3]
PL-Mini 2 Valkyrie,
https://www.olightstore.com/olight-pl-mini-2-black-1.html

There's also the Baldr and Baldr S, about the same size, but they also have a laser
https://www.olightstore.com/baldr-s.html

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 1:49:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Can't complain about the accuracy of these. Standard B8 shot at 25 yards.

Link Posted: 3/18/2023 1:27:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just got one myself, should have been this way from the start, going to sell two convertable Macros now..
View Quote

I have a TACOPS on the way after going over and over the many 365 configurations. No TACOPS available to rent at any local ranges but I think the 17rd mag and longer barrel with no comp is the way to go for me. I've been a G19 guy for a long time and it works well but it's been hard to ignore all the positive feedback on this new gun so I had to check it out. We'll see?
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I have a TACOPS on the way after going over and over the many 365 configurations. No TACOPS available to rent at any local ranges but I think the 17rd mag and longer barrel with no comp is the way to go for me. I've been a G19 guy for a long time and it works well but it's been hard to ignore all the positive feedback on this new gun so I had to check it out. We'll see?
View Quote

My thoughts were if I would rather have the gun comped, I can get the regular slide, or get a regular P365 slide and a PMM barrel/comp set up. For $50 you get 4 mags and a magwell. Mags are 50 bucks a pop, I saw an aftermarket magwell for 75 bucks. This is a way better deal IMO.
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 2:42:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/18/2023 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Got a couple X-Macro aluminum base plates from Tactical Development, fills in that gap at the end of the mag.  Works with the stock X-Macro grip module, and with the MM Commander...both look and feel best with the large backstrap, as it just flows into the rear of the mag base.  FYI, they won't work with a magwell, he sells another version for that.

https://imgur.com/tjbKLPX.jpg

Bonus points, the only polymer left on the gun is the switch module on the Streamlight, the G10 grip panels, and the striker sleeve.  I don't hate polymer, mind you, but there's something to be said for an all-metal handgun.
View Quote

Which magazine release did you use for your mischief machine frame?  I have a commander XXL frame inbound but want to keep my factory xmacro tacops frame in tact with the stock magazine release so I can more easily go between frames.  Trying to figure out which aftermarket extended version to go with.  The Vuurwapen seems like it might be best since it's the only part I can find that includes an additional spring and plastic retainer.
Link Posted: 4/7/2023 9:18:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Which magazine release did you use for your mischief machine frame?  I have a commander XXL frame inbound but want to keep my factory xmacro tacops frame in tact with the stock magazine release so I can more easily go between frames.  Trying to figure out which aftermarket extended version to go with.  The Vuurwapen seems like it might be best since it's the only part I can find that includes an additional spring and plastic retainer.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Got a couple X-Macro aluminum base plates from Tactical Development, fills in that gap at the end of the mag.  Works with the stock X-Macro grip module, and with the MM Commander...both look and feel best with the large backstrap, as it just flows into the rear of the mag base.  FYI, they won't work with a magwell, he sells another version for that.

Bonus points, the only polymer left on the gun is the switch module on the Streamlight, the G10 grip panels, and the striker sleeve.  I don't hate polymer, mind you, but there's something to be said for an all-metal handgun.

I would like to second this question, waiting for a MM grip now.
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 1:02:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I used the X-Macro mag release, since I had a spare grip module I bought as a backup when I decided to mod my original module for manual safety, so I scavenged it from that.  Fits just fine, I like the texture, and it extends out just a bit more than the regular P365 mag release.

The only reason MM doesn't recommend the X-Macro mag release it is that the way the retention on the X-Macro button works you run the risk of maring the aluminum when using the common methods to remove the mag release.  But I have no plans on removing the mag release, and I've got a pretty good stock of Birchwood Casey Aluminum Black on hand if I do need to change it for some reason. :)

And trust me, after you get the Commander, I doubt you'll see any need to go back to the stock Macro grip module.

Page / 8
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top