Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 11/6/2011 4:24:02 PM EDT
Let's see pictures of those operators gentlemen.  Any version counts......MC Operator, Lightweight Operator, TRP Operator

I just purchased a TRP operator tonight and am mailing funds tomorrow.  I'm going to send it to the custom shop to get the OD green coat on the frame like the MC Operator has.  Along with fixed sight to replace the adjustable.

Orded VZ frag grips in black because the MC operator looks sexy with the black grips contrasting on the OD frame

SO LET'S SEE THEM DAMNIT!!!!!!  
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 5:02:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok....
Operator MC w/ Stormlake barrel and AAC Evo .45/ Surefire X300
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]
TRP Operator, full rail, Ahrends grips.

Link Posted: 11/6/2011 5:36:05 PM EDT
[#3]
This thread is easy to fap too
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 6:35:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll be posting after i get my mc operator in. Should be real soon. I think i may send it in to get the armory kote finish and checkering on the front strap.
Link Posted: 11/6/2011 6:41:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 11/6/2011 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#6]
My full rail TRP with VZ Aliens. Never fired safe queen. One day I will shoot it :)

Link Posted: 11/7/2011 3:06:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Sorry, I just sold this a couple of weeks ago - but it is a Springfield  Custom Shop Operator...

Link Posted: 11/7/2011 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#8]
OK I'll play. A pair of full rail military operators.
RLTW

Link Posted: 11/7/2011 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#9]
My new TRP full rail Operator.

My Operator Family

Link Posted: 11/7/2011 12:10:42 PM EDT
[#10]
How do you go about getting full rail operator?  They aren't listed on there website.
Link Posted: 11/7/2011 12:27:45 PM EDT
[#11]
They make a very limited batch about 1x a year. Most go to California. You can likely find them on Gunbroker sometimes.

Or, order a Custom Shop version - it will be the quality of a Springfield Professional. But, it's close to $3k.
Link Posted: 11/7/2011 3:25:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 11/7/2011 3:50:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks to you guys, I paid $40 for Fed Ex priorty overnight instead of waiting 2-3 days for the usps.  I hope its here by thursday
Link Posted: 11/7/2011 4:23:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I'll play too
Link Posted: 11/7/2011 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 11/7/2011 7:33:59 PM EDT
[#16]
So what color furniture for a rifle would best match the frame on a mc operator? I'm guessing olive drab?
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 12:34:25 PM EDT
[#17]

That sweet thing will be in my hands by the end of the week.  Nice firearm, sir.  I see you cut down the adjustable sight.  Have you seen the Harrison custom low profile fixed sight he made for the TRP?  I WILL be getting one

Quoted:
So what color furniture for a rifle would best match the frame on a mc operator? I'm guessing olive drab?

Yea its Springfields OD Green Armory Kote.  Cant reference how it compares to magpul, ergo, etc OD Green though.  Maybe someone else can help
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 12:36:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Wont open for me.  Where and what forum is it?  Could you also send the thread name
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 1:06:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 2:00:00 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

That sweet thing will be in my hands by the end of the week.  Nice firearm, sir.  I see you cut down the adjustable sight.  Have you seen the Harrison custom low profile fixed sight he made for the TRP?  I WILL be getting one
Nope, no sight cutting and it ain't a Harrison (I do like the Harrison though).  Standard adjustable rear sight, lighting is a little strange and makes it look funky.  I like the adjustable rear.  Edges are rounded and not sharp at all like my other adjustable sight 1911s, real easy on the hands.  I got a little over 3000 through it and I don't see myself changing sights.

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 4:15:22 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This thread is easy to fap too

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 4:42:25 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Wont open for me.  Where and what forum is it?  Could you also send the thread name

fixed
1911 forum.com operator pic thread link
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 5:11:29 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:25:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Nope, no sight cutting and it ain't a Harrison (I do like the Harrison though).  Standard adjustable rear sight, lighting is a little strange and makes it look funky.  I like the adjustable rear.  Edges are rounded and not sharp at all like my other adjustable sight 1911s, real easy on the hands.  I got a little over 3000 through it and I don't see myself changing sights.

My eyes are playing tricks.  With that coat in the backdrop the base of the sight looks like you cut it off.  Fixed sights for me have always worked but they cut up my palm during reload drills
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

fixed
1911 forum.com operator pic thread link

After looking through page 1 i have no problem saying.....i could kiss you right now for that link
Link Posted: 11/8/2011 9:54:24 PM EDT
[#26]
MC Operator with the trigger guard recontoured, the front strap stippled, the MSH and ILS removed and a Smith & Alexander mag well installed and smoothed and then the whole thing Cerakoted by Mark Dye of Knoxville, TN and the safety and the lobe of the slide stop lightly worked over by Hilton Yam.

Link Posted: 11/9/2011 10:48:46 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
MC Operator with the trigger guard recontoured, the front strap stippled, the MSH and ILS removed and a Smith & Alexander mag well installed and smoothed and then the whole thing Cerakoted by Mark Dye of Knoxville, TN and the safety and the lobe of the slide stop lightly worked over by Hilton Yam.

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=7320
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=7322
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=27961

Wow, i love that stippling.  Almost makes me regret not getting the mc operator and having that done.  Usually stippling seems ugly, theres no pattern to it.....but that is beautiful
Link Posted: 11/9/2011 11:47:25 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=7320
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=7322
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=27961

Wow, i love that stippling.  Almost makes me regret not getting the mc operator and having that done.  Usually stippling seems ugly, theres no pattern to it.....but that is beautiful

Thanks, I'm pretty happy with it. It sort of has a golf ball effect and, with the slightly gritty feel of the Cerakote finish, gives a great grip to it that doesn't feel serrated after a few hundred shots.
Link Posted: 11/10/2011 1:59:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Here is mine

Link Posted: 11/10/2011 8:07:36 PM EDT
[#30]
After looking for one of these for a few years I finally got one. My buddy who works at another gun shop knew I was looking for one and called me as soon as he got it in. I will be sending it off to be worked over but I'm not sure who to send it to. I was thinking about just sending it to the Springfield Custom Shop to have them do the work. Any other ideas would be great.

Sorry about crappy iPhone pic. It was all I had at work.

Link Posted: 11/11/2011 2:44:48 PM EDT
[#31]
Here's my full rail operator

Link Posted: 11/11/2011 8:01:34 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
After looking for one of these for a few years I finally got one. My buddy who works at another gun shop knew I was looking for one and called me as soon as he got it in. I will be sending it off to be worked over but I'm not sure who to send it to. I was thinking about just sending it to the Springfield Custom Shop to have them do the work. Any other ideas would be great.

Sorry about crappy iPhone pic. It was all I had at work.
http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii290/jasongar8/Guns/IMG_1406-1.jpg

Shit.....you just reminded me about my hornady zombie ammo I ordered from Midway.  I just checked and they are still back ordered with restock not for another week, 00 Buck in Dec.  I ordered a month ago as a pre order but apparently I didn't get in on the first round.  I'm going to call them, a little salty about that.  I only ordered 3 boxes.  .45, 12 gauge, .223......I will probably never shoot them, just be funny display ammo as a talking piece and look at the green tips.  I'm not zombiepocolypse kinda guy, as in I don't seriously believe it.  But I definitely joke about it.  I refinished a old metal cabinet a few weeks ago and painted it black and then got a red vinyl sticker that has a Biohazard symbol and says, "Zombie Outbreak Response Kit"........It looks pretty BA.  Just a new ammo locker with a little flare
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 8:07:49 PM EDT
[#33]

Very nice man.  My TRP is supposed to be here tomorrow, *fingers crossed*.  I'm a little mad at the place I got it from in Washington State.  I won the auction on GB and that night I sent the money out via Fed Ex overnight with garunteed delivery before 3pm.  They got the delivery at noon, an hour after they opened and still took an entire day to ship it.  Should have been here yesterday.  Paid $40 for a quick payment and it was basically useless.  The next day I checked the tracking number they gave me and it said, "A label has been created but package has not been received yet"  needless to say I called a little frustrated but they said it shipped and it just wasted updated yet.  THANKFULLY!!!!  I can't wait any longer!  My VZ's got here today and a bunch of 47d mags with a spring kit yesterday.  I wish everyone shipped as fast as Midway.  I once made an order at 6:30pm on a Friday.  45 minutes later it had been delivered and was on my doorstep the very next day.....they are awesome
Link Posted: 11/11/2011 9:38:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
How do you go about getting full rail operator?  They aren't listed on there website.

Took me a few years to find mine... And a pretty penny. I somehow found a NIB one locally. Someone had this for 5 years and never fired it.

Link Posted: 11/11/2011 10:25:27 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Took me a few years to find mine... And a pretty penny. I somehow found a NIB one locally. Someone had this for 5 years and never fired it.

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd485/mahabali/IMG_1481.jpg

I do have to say......Your Operator is sweet just as everyone else who posted in here.  But I seriously, for the life of me, can't figure out what is so great about the full rails.  I think the half rail looks way better IMO.  Not to mention it 'seems' more practical as no one is going to mount a light that far out unless they have banana fingers.  The half rails just keep the 1911 shape while adding just a little underneath.  The full rail looks like robocop or judge dread.  Like I said before, keep these pics coming because they are beautiful.  But can someone explain the attraction to the full rail?  Absolutely no hatred, just curiosity.  I don't think I would even pay 1/2 price for the full rail, let alone extra.  Either way......I hope my TRP is here tomorrow
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 4:00:09 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a Lightweight Champion Operator (no pics yet, sorry) and I like everything about it except the 2 piece guide rod.  Snapping that little plastic thing over the guide rod is a pain.  Is there a drop in replacement for this?  My other 1911 has the barrel bushing and GI rod, but I know that setup will not work with the bull barrel on the Springer.  Anyone tried something else more simple?

Also I'm in to see the OP's frame when it becomes green. Thought about doing that myself.
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 4:43:11 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I have a Lightweight Champion Operator (no pics yet, sorry) and I like everything about it except the 2 piece guide rod.  Snapping that little plastic thing over the guide rod is a pain.  Is there a drop in replacement for this?  My other 1911 has the barrel bushing and GI rod, but I know that setup will not work with the bull barrel on the Springer.  Anyone tried something else more simple?

Also I'm in to see the OP's frame when it becomes green. Thought about doing that myself.

Just take it apart without the clip.

I pull the slide back until the slide stop can be removed (using the "Glock method"), then take the slide off, and remove the springs like you would on any other pistol.

Much easier, and much faster.
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 5:18:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 11:05:06 AM EDT
[#39]

I pull the slide back until the slide stop can be removed (using the "Glock method"), then take the slide off, and remove the springs like you would on any other pistol.

Much easier, and much faster.[/quote]

I have done this but had trouble with reassembly.  Maybe I didn't do something correctly but I couldn't get the rods and springs back in without using the plastic clip.

Link Posted: 11/12/2011 6:23:59 PM EDT
[#40]

Link Posted: 11/12/2011 9:54:35 PM EDT
[#41]

My wife says I have too many hobbies, she may be right.
Link Posted: 11/12/2011 10:19:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quick question to anyone with a TRP that comes with the magwell.....

Have any of you had problems seating the 10 round McCormick mags?  The base of the mag is bottoming out on the magwell just mm from being seated.  At first i thought, no big deal ill just cut back some of the plastic on the base of the mag.  But on second thought, I'd like to have a firearm that will accept any mag i put in, not just the modified ones.  All 4 of my wilson 47d 8 rounders fit fine and so did the springer mags but the 2 mccormick mags i just bought are a no go.  I feel like as each day passes another item gets added to the custom shop list.  I just want my 10 rounders to fit

ETA: another issue is the trigger is very loosly fitted.  Lots of movement in all directions with rattle.  As far as function, it works great and the pull is super smooth.  I just cant live with a trigger that loose on such a pricey 1911
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quick question to anyone with a TRP that comes with the magwell.....

Have any of you had problems seating the 10 round McCormick mags?  The base of the mag is bottoming out on the magwell just mm from being seated.  At first i thought, no big deal ill just cut back some of the plastic on the base of the mag.  But on second thought, I'd like to have a firearm that will accept any mag i put in, not just the modified ones.  All 4 of my wilson 47d 8 rounders fit fine and so did the springer mags but the 2 mccormick mags i just bought are a no go.  I feel like as each day passes another item gets added to the custom shop list.  I just want my 10 rounders to fit

ETA: another issue is the trigger is very loosly fitted.  Lots of movement in all directions with rattle.  As far as function, it works great and the pull is super smooth.  I just cant live with a trigger that loose on such a pricey 1911

It's a tight fit but mine works, of course the way I load it's not a problem.  I've found also with time and many many mag insertions it's gotten easier.
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 9:07:29 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Much easier, and much faster.

I have done this but had trouble with reassembly.  Maybe I didn't do something correctly but I couldn't get the rods and springs back in without using the plastic clip.

You could try installing the plug in the slide first, then installing the springs. I've found if I try to put them all in the slide once, it becomes much more difficult as they have to line up perfectly.
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 1:05:15 PM EDT
[#45]
No problems here with CM 10 rounders.  So you got your pistol.  Why are there no pictures posted here in your thread?
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 4:27:56 PM EDT
[#46]

Ok, somebody has got to help me out. The wood grips on the 1911s in the family pic....who makes them? I really want a pair for my Springfield RO.
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 4:59:41 PM EDT
[#47]
What year did the dustcover become angled on the (non-full railed) Operator?
Link Posted: 11/13/2011 6:20:24 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
No problems here with CM 10 rounders.  So you got your pistol.  Why are there no pictures posted here in your thread?

When you're right, you're right.  I am a bit of a jackass for not posting these sooner when all I did was whine like a little girl until it got here

As far as the CM 10 rounders go, it's not that they are tight and downloading to 9 will allow them to fit.  It's that the magwell contacts the base of the mag before it is able to lock in place.  So instead of altering each CM mag I have, I'd rather have the magwell refit to spec.  To me it must be out of spec if 2 brand new CM mags don't fit and they are one of the more popular 1911 mags.  However, I'm not sure which magwell it is but it almost seems as if it is plastic.  Can anyone verify?  Is this the Springfield 2 peice magwell?  I wouldn't mind just getting an S&A if that's the case.

Well here she is.  I haven't been able to take it out yet even though I had a long weekend for vets day.  I'm taking classes and I have finals monday and tuesday.  Then I will go to the  range and fire everyday after that since I am off and head to Hawaii on Sunday for a week

Link Posted: 11/13/2011 8:45:45 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

When you're right, you're right.  I am a bit of a jackass for not posting these sooner when all I did was whine like a little girl until it got here

As far as the CM 10 rounders go, it's not that they are tight and downloading to 9 will allow them to fit.  It's that the magwell contacts the base of the mag before it is able to lock in place.  So instead of altering each CM mag I have, I'd rather have the magwell refit to spec.  To me it must be out of spec if 2 brand new CM mags don't fit and they are one of the more popular 1911 mags.  However, I'm not sure which magwell it is but it almost seems as if it is plastic.  Can anyone verify?  Is this the Springfield 2 peice magwell?  I wouldn't mind just getting an S&A if that's the case.

Well here she is.  I haven't been able to take it out yet even though I had a long weekend for vets day.  I'm taking classes and I have finals monday and tuesday.  Then I will go to the  range and fire everyday after that since I am off and head to Hawaii on Sunday for a week

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/sturmjr/P1010133.jpg

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/sturmjr/P1010136.jpg

That's more like it.  Nice piece.  I believe the mag well is an Ed Brown Maxi-Well.  It's not plastic.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1347/Product/1911-AUTO-DROP-IN-MAXI-WELL

Link Posted: 11/14/2011 8:57:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/sturmjr/P1010133.jpg

http://i1098.photobucket.com/albums/g375/sturmjr/P1010136.jpg

That's more like it.  Nice piece.  I believe the mag well is an Ed Brown Maxi-Well.  It's not plastic.

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=1347/Product/1911-AUTO-DROP-IN-MAXI-WELL

Well that's good to hear.  Glad you cleared that up for me.  Hopefully it shouldn't be too bad to get it adjusted then.  This thing is one heavy Mofo
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top