Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/22/2018 7:08:48 PM EDT
[#1]
The sights are fine on my new ccw VP9SK, but on my XD-S I changed them out for Diamond Speed Night Sights. Highly recommended!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 5:34:15 PM EDT
[#2]
My pick is of course the best sight configuration possible...STRAIGHT 8 Night Sights (aka 2 Dot Sights). All my carry guns wear this sight configuration. My favorite is when the front dot is a different color of tritium than the rear dot. My new Dan Wesson Valkyrie Commander came from the factory with Straight 8 Night Sights where the Front Dot has Orange Tritium and the Rear Dot has Green Tritium. Just doesnt' get any better than that.

Use the irons for precision target shooting and the two dot at night. Nothing is quicker in the dark than the 2 dot system. Just ignore the dots when target shooting and use the irons. Dan Wesson Inc must agree with me because ALL of their pistols come from the factory with this configuration.

My G42:

G42 10 yards Offhand:

My Colt LightWeight Commander 9mm:

Dan Wesson Valkyrie Commander (Had to borrow this pic, I don't seem to have a shot of my DW sights):

First Group ever fired, new right out of the box with factory Straight 8 sights (just picked this up the week before SHOT, only got to put a few mags through it, can't wait to get home tomorrow!)

Straight 8 is just the most intuitive sight system I have ever used. No idea why in the world firearm manufacturers have pretty much standardized the 3 dot system? It might be my least favorite sight configuration. I guess they figure more is better. Why only have 2 dots when you can have 3? I assure you if the dots cost $20 each, guns would come from the factory with 2. Actually more like one or none!

This is what you want on your carry/combat/defensive pistol. Ignore the dots and just focus on the irons for target shooting. Best of all worlds.

Link Posted: 1/27/2018 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The sights are fine on my new ccw VP9SK, but on my XD-S I changed them out for Diamond Speed Night Sights. Highly recommended!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/394169/72DDF814-E1F1-4D39-9A0C-817F587528C4-428394.JPG
View Quote
Really dislike the pointy rear sight. Also, way too much going on in general. For a carry gun, the simpler the better. Maybe for a "target only" pistol something like this would make sense. But with those pointy ears on the rear sight, I'm not even sure about that. Busiest irons I have ever seen. I would choose a gutter or bead sight over these; no joke.
Link Posted: 1/27/2018 6:00:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Much like the Dan Wesson, I’ve got the Frank Proctor WOTG blackout rear and fiber front. Has helped with CC and works great at the range. I can also use it competition.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 3:14:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Ameriglo Spartan Operators.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 3:42:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I usually go with Trijicon Hds.

Did recently put some X/S sights on a little CZ Rami, and am not hating them. Just different than what I am used to........
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 3:59:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Ameriglos, i also have a set of mepro-lights i like
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 9:23:51 PM EDT
[#8]
I have the XS Big Dots on one pistol, great for getting on a close target fast, but as someone who has always tried to shoot good groups, these are not meant to do it and wont.

I just put some Tru Glo TFX sights on another gun and really like how bright they appear in daylight, great for this old pharts aging eyes. At night they seem to be about as bright as most other tritium night sights, about the same as glock factory night sights which I believe are made by Meprolight.
Link Posted: 1/28/2018 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Is trijicon rmr an acceptable answer?

If not, blacked out rear and fiber optic front. A surefire mounted on the pistol provides all the light i need to see my sights and my target. Tritium vials just don't fit my needs.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:20:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Ameriglo Hackathorns
View Quote
What he said.
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 12:37:19 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Trijicon HDs on everything.
View Quote
This right here
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:05:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Trijicon HD Night Sights
Link Posted: 1/29/2018 11:13:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Trijicon HD Night Sights
View Quote
Me too
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:24:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Dawson 10-8 .140 rear with a Dawson F/O .115 wide, height depends on what it needs.  Duty guns get a tritium dawson front, though I may be going all F/O soon.
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:43:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I have standard night sights on my carry pistol.
next go round I'm leaning towards Truglo TFO sights: http://www.truglo.com/firearms-handgun/brite-site-tritium-fiber-optic-handgun-sights-green-yellow.asp they are both Tritium and Fiber Optic Sights
View Quote
Got these on my 19 and 1911.  Love them
Link Posted: 1/30/2018 3:48:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Just put these on my 19, best sights ever for me.

Ameriglo Agent sites
View Quote
Those are cool, have a set of them and the Spartans.  I like the orange in the Spartans more, but it’s on my 43 and that might make the difference.
Link Posted: 1/31/2018 3:50:55 PM EDT
[#17]
my carry guns get Trijicon I bought a used P99c with a big dot on it it drastically effected accuracy for me.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top