Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2021 8:29:40 PM EDT
Looking to add an extended one as the one that came on my X Carry is not cutting it.  I know Sig makes one along with Wilson Combat. I cant find any comparison pics though.  Anyone have any experience with either ?  I need the extension more to come back toward the backplate rather then out....if that makes sense.   Thumb is just a tad too short to manipulate without breaking the master grip.  Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 9:18:56 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a picture somewhere of mine with the Wilson Combat extended slide release. I like it as it is way better on the thumb compared to the stock unit but I don’t think any of them come back more.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 11:33:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Comparison of the standard release with the OEM extended release from the X-Five:

Doesn’t appear it extends rearward much if at all. I doubt the WC one will fair much better
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:12:20 AM EDT
[#3]

Left is standard post giant slide release, ala P250 style.  Right is actually the big slide release from Sig that was originally on my VTAC.  I greatly prefer the big release, I'd spend the money on one.  I've not used the Wilson Combat one, but just looking at it, ehh...I don't know, don't look like its that much better than the big Sig one.

You can probably find an original P320 or P250 release for cheap, those actually do come further back on the frame towards your hand.
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 3:35:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can probably find an original P320 or P250 release for cheap, those actually do come further back on the frame towards your hand.
View Quote

While true it would be mechanically compatible with the FCU and slide, you’d almost certainly need to modify the new grip modules for use with the old P250 slide release for it to be compatible. There’s a reason Sig is sending people the most recent slide release in addition whenever somebody buys a new grip module
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 2:38:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

While true it would be mechanically compatible with the FCU and slide, you’d almost certainly need to modify the new grip modules for use with the old P250 slide release for it to be compatible. There’s a reason Sig is sending people the most recent slide release in addition whenever somebody buys a new grip module
View Quote

As long as your grip doesn't have the fence that the newer standard P320 have, you should be good.  The X series doesn't have any fence.  If you did have the fence, you could just file it down.  I swapped the P250 style out for the then new P320 one, on a P250 and it works fine.  There's no issues on the FCU with it.
Link Posted: 6/28/2021 2:51:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a picture somewhere of mine with the Wilson Combat extended slide release. I like it as it is way better on the thumb compared to the stock unit but I don’t think any of them come back more.
View Quote

Well there was a picture but it looks like it went archive and I lack the ability to search for if since my account is in the poors right now. So here is wilson vs standard:

Left is M18X with the wilson and right is X Carry with the standard slide release.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top