Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2024 12:41:41 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 1:07:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Have an SA35 and the L9A1.  Happy with both.  Honestly the SA35 was nicer than my Browning, which I sold.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 1:29:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
What is the finish on each?  Presume the Girsan is Cerakoted?
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 2:26:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Melvin_Johnson:

How's the L9A1?
View Quote

Finish, trigger, etc is excellent.  Haven't got the range yet but I'm confident it will meet my expectations.  I'm into it for right at $500 and I think it's a great value at that price point.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 2:29:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By backbencher:
What is the finish on each?  Presume the Girsan is Cerakoted?
View Quote

SA35 is blued, and nicely at that.  The L9A1 is a matte blue, black chromate (whatever that is).  Very much keeping in it's character.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 2:53:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Ameshawki:

SA35 is blued, and nicely at that.  The L9A1 is a matte blue, black chromate (whatever that is).  Very much keeping in it's character.
View Quote

Sa35 is not blued. I believe its parkerized. Its just not a rough parkerizing.
Link Posted: 7/25/2024 2:18:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ivan1:

The SA-35 features an attractive matte blue finish on its carbon steel parts, contrasting nicely with the walnut grips.

Sa-35 direct link.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By J-D1911:

Sa-35 direct link.
View Quote

Damn! I always thought it was parkerized. I’ve been wrong all this time.
Link Posted: Today 4:03:23 AM EDT
[#9]
I recently got a Girsan and it appears that the parts are not interchangeable with my FN.

Trigger was very heavy.  Take-up was gritty and inconsistent but the break was crisp.  I removed the magazine disconnect and the trigger lightened significantly.  The grittiness and most of the inconsistency disappeared from the take-up.  Trigger remains crisp.  It is still a couple of pounds or so heavier on the break than my FN.  Slide fits to the frame very well and is nice and slick.  I hope to shoot it this weekend.  Surprisingly, the CA version came with an optic cut, so I am going to try the Holosun EPS Carry on it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top