Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/28/2024 11:44:01 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I've shot a lot of the 124 gr and I'm shooting 115 gr now. No issues other than a bad primer.
Link Posted: 5/28/2024 6:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Have a case of it in the mail.

Had no complaints with their .357 offering.  It reliably went bang, hit where expected, and looked high quality.
Link Posted: 7/5/2024 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Finally tested some of this today-

Despite what I read elsewhere as to it's velocity being quite anemic, it felt pretty strong.  Definitely peppier than the steel and aluminum-cased stuff that I typically use, and prints about an inch higher.  Did not bring the chronograph, sadly.  Seems plenty accurate enough.

It shoots to the same point of aim/impact at 10 meters as the M1153 that I carry, which is nice.

Link Posted: 7/9/2024 12:25:03 AM EDT
[#4]
The one box of 115Gn FMJ I tried was fine for practice ammo
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 12:05:21 PM EDT
[#5]
It feels strong, shoots more accurately than I do, it's clean and reasonably priced through Target Sports.

It's become my stack it deep 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/23/2024 10:55:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Seems expensive for what it is, maybe comparable to monarch? I just paid essentially the same for double sealed igman 124.

Link Posted: 7/23/2024 4:41:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Duck_Hunt:
Seems expensive for what it is, maybe comparable to monarch? I just paid essentially the same for double sealed igman 124.

View Quote
I'm getting New Republic from Target Sports for 21 cpr and free shipping with my Ammo + membership. The best I could find Igman for is 24 cpr with free shipping.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 9:04:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Duck_Hunt] [#8]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
I'm getting New Republic from Target Sports for 21 cpr and free shipping with my Ammo + membership. The best I could find Igman for is 24 cpr with free shipping.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:

If my math is correct; With the $100 membership factored in you would need to buy a little over three cases of the republic to break even with buying the double sealed igman. After the three cases you would start to save money over the igman. For me I’d gladly pay $0.03rd more (after 3 cases) for double sealed.

I’m just saying that it’s not that great of a deal for unsealed blaster 9. Without the membership it’s essentially the same price or more as many other blaster 9 offerings, and the same price as double sealed igman.  With the membership I’d say you really need to buy 8+- cases a year for it to make sense… but then academy runs their brass monarch at .20rd and another 5% off with their cc and it’s back to being more money (their steel is currently 0.20rd).  All of this is IMHO YMMV

I’m sure it’s good ammo, my experience with republic 7.62x39 has been great.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 4:34:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Bradd_D] [#9]

If my math is correct; With the $100 membership factored in you would need to buy a little over three cases of the republic to break even with buying the double sealed igman. After the three cases you would start to save money over the igman. For me I'd gladly pay $0.03rd more (after 3 cases) for double sealed.

I'm just saying that it's not that great of a deal for unsealed blaster 9. Without the membership it's essentially the same price or more as many other blaster 9 offerings, and the same price as double sealed igman.  With the membership I'd say you really need to buy 8+- cases a year for it to make sense  but then academy runs their brass monarch at .20rd and another 5% off with their cc and it's back to being more money (their steel is currently 0.20rd).  All of this is IMHO YMMV

I'm sure it's good ammo, my experience with republic 7.62x39 has been great.
View Quote
The membership isn't a factor for me as I buy 10 to 20 thousand rounds a year so it has long paid for itself. Saving $30 a case matters to me.

Even at non-membership prices it's the same price as everything else so it's not any more expensive for what it is than the other brands.
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 2:16:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: OverScoped] [#10]
Decent stuff
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#11]
I've shot a good amount of their 380 and 38 spl without issue.

Will try some 9mm too and give it a go- TSUSA and the Ammo+ is the way to go for sure
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 4:27:20 PM EDT
[#12]
Targetsportsusa now has their 124gr version for sale.

I continue to buy all I can, while I search everywhere for the missing sky screen on my chronograph.....

Link Posted: 9/3/2024 8:49:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I had a ton of problems with it over a several thousand rounds. It was typical of light loaded/underpowered ammo issues such as failure to return to battery. This was with numerous Glock 17s, 34s, 45s that ran pretty much everything else.
Link Posted: 9/3/2024 9:01:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Hidesite:
I had a ton of problems with it over a several thousand rounds. It was typical of light loaded/underpowered ammo issues such as failure to return to battery. This was with numerous Glock 17s, 34s, 45s that ran pretty much everything else.
View Quote
My Glocks eat it like candy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top