Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/6/2024 6:07:07 PM EDT
If yes, how do you like it? Is it worth purchasing over a Glock 43x/48 MOS frame?
Link Posted: 7/6/2024 7:58:10 PM EDT
[#1]

The stippling on the grip panels is too rough, I sanded mine down.

The trigger guard has two tips, one at the front and one at the undercut,  that I cut off and sanded smooth as they didn't allow it to settle into a micro dagger holster.

Other than that it's ok, I prefer the micro dagger frame over the sct.

Link Posted: 7/6/2024 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dogrobber13:

The trigger guard has two tips, one at the front and one at the undercut,  that I cut off and sanded smooth as they didn't allow it to settle into a micro dagger holster.

View Quote

They do look rough.

It looks like it would have problems in some holsters. Thx for passing on the data.
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 12:24:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:

They do look rough.

It looks like it would have problems in some holsters. Thx for passing on the data.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By SpankMonkey:
Originally Posted By dogrobber13:

They do look rough.

Bordertown Holsters offers holsters specifically for the SCT frames in four different configurations.

Attachment Attached File

Inexpensive, quick shipping and very customizable. For $10 extra, you can have a custom image printed on your holster. I went with a particular cat cartoon I think is funny.  His Facebook page has hundreds of photos of completed holsters.

https://www.bordertownholsters.com/product/IWB/36
Link Posted: 7/7/2024 8:32:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Thx David I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 11:41:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bigjoe7757] [#5]
I got one, 100% Junk! Overall I like the aggressive texture and it shot reliably. The issue is the mag release. I went through 4 mag releases before I found one which kinda fit and ended up being theirs. The issue is that the frame is to narrow and this allows the mag release to slide reward and then prevents you from releasing the mag without pushing forward and then in. Don’t waste your money, get the PSA one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 9:14:19 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By bigjoe7757:
I got one, 100% Junk! Overall I like the aggressive texture and it shot reliably. The issue is the mag release. I went through 4 mag releases before I found one which kinda fit and ended up being theirs. The issue is that the frame is to narrow and this allows the mag release to slide reward and then prevents you from releasing the mag without pushing forward and then in. Don’t waste your money, get the PSA one.
View Quote

@bigjoe7757

Some how I missed your post. I ended up getting one. Same situation with the mag release. Its funny because my micro dagger frame does the same damn thing. I put a OEM on my micro dagger works perfect. I also found a Shield v1 mag release works perfect on the SCT frame. But its metal so I need to keep an eye on the mags.

Link Posted: 7/29/2024 4:12:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By bigjoe7757:
View Quote

Different SCT frame but still SCT that had the same problem.  I got an AIM extended mag release and it's fine.  The well is a little narrow as I have some aftermarket mags that drop from Glock frames but not the SCT.  Glock mags drop fine from the SCT with the AIM release.

Jester
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#8]
Not about the Micro frame but I just picked up a OWB holster for the SCT compact from Bordertown.  Had to send the holster and slide back for a custom fit but it's perfect now.  Certainly was worth the trouble.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 5:35:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By mvintx:
Not about the Micro frame but I just picked up a OWB holster for the SCT compact from Bordertown.  Had to send the holster and slide back for a custom fit but it's perfect now.  Certainly was worth the trouble.
View Quote

Which slide did you have?  

I'm a big fan and recommend him because of good pricing, quick shipping and good customer service. Glad to see the customer service part is holding through.
Link Posted: 8/16/2024 7:37:31 PM EDT
[#10]
It was one of AIM Surplus slides, nothing fancy.  He's a standup dude.  We texted back and forth about the issue and he took care of me.  Gave him a good review and thanked him for his service.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top