Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/15/2024 7:22:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C-4]
https://www.aimsurplus.com/products/bulgarian-94grn-9x18-makarov-fmj-ammunition-1280rd-spam-can

States it is non-corrosive but who knows since it is 1990 vintage.

It’s only a few cents less than new commercial ammo.  

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:08:24 PM EDT
[#1]
As simple as it is to clean anything chambered in 9Mak and if it is no older than 35 years old, I would shoot it.  I have shot much older than that before.  Corrosive primers have an extremely good shelf life.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:26:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By grendelbane:
As simple as it is to clean anything chambered in 9Mak and if it is no older than 35 years old, I would shoot it.  I have shot much older than that before.  Corrosive primers have an extremely good shelf life.
View Quote

@grendelbane

It says non-corrosive at several websites, but we both agree it is likely corrosive?
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 3:32:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By C-4:

It says non-corrosive at several websites, but we both agree it is likely corrosive?
View Quote

I bought some back in the day, ca 2000, that was packaged in 16 round boxes like that.  It was sold as corrosive.  If I were a gambling man I would bet that it was indeed corrosive.  But, it might not be.  Hot soapy water is your friend when cleaning guns that have been fired with corrosive primed ammunition.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:28:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C-4] [#4]

I bought some back in the day, ca 2000, that was packaged in 16 round boxes like that.  It was sold as corrosive.  If I were a gambling man I would bet that it was indeed corrosive.  But, it might not be.  Hot soapy water is your friend when cleaning guns that have been fired with corrosive primed ammunition.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By C-4:

@grendelbane

Ironically, I’d rather the spam can be corrosive as the corrosive primers have supposedly a longer shelf life than non-corrosive.  But the powder from 1990 is 34 years old vs new off the shelf.  So if the spam can stuff is really in fact non-corrosive, I’d probably just buy new 9mm Mak ammo like Prvi Partisan.  That’s my logic anyway.
Top Top