Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2024 12:32:53 PM EDT
Does anyone make an extended mag release for Hi Powers? I have a Girsan clone and that mag release is a little longer. I think I want a longer one on my carry BHP.
Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 4:58:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Girsan sells parts, including the mag catch, looks like. They have different parts listed for the base model, match/ops, PI and PI match/ops. I don't know if they are actually different though.

https://store.eaacorp.com/shop/?yith_wcan=1&product_tag=mc-p35&product_cat=magazines
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 9:50:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: hollowhandle] [#2]
Thank you.
That might work. I can try out the one I have first. Looks like they have nothing in stock yet, but hopefully soon.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:05:15 PM EDT
[#3]
Ah, I didn't realize they were all out of stock. They'll probably have a bulk parts shipment come in at some point.
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 2:11:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I wouldn't think it would be too expensive to have a bit welded onto the end of a stock magazine release.  Then you could just file it down to whatever your preference is.  If you don't have a checkering file you could use something like a jeweler's saw to put grooves on the filed down part.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 10:31:28 AM EDT
[#5]
You could check BH Spring Solutions,  they have an Ambi Mag Release for the Hi-Power.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top