Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2024 2:32:49 PM EDT
So, I have a stainless Super Blackhawk om the way.  That being said, I'm not that hip on stainless for SA revolvers. Since it's used it has some scratches and scuffs.  Any of you have experience with niriding a revolver?  I've seen pics of H&M what they do for Charter Arms, and it looks very nice.

This one looks great too...
Nitride

Any cons to having it done?

Better alternatives?
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 3:09:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Smith has done a few blacked out Stainless guns what do they use? It's flat black. I'm in to see what others say. I've seen pics of nitrided guns but have never done a before and after.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 3:11:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: AT-ST83] [#2]
QPQ Black Nitride is the most cost effective solution. Black DLC exists as well. Depends on how much you want to spend on it, and what type of finish you are looking for.  DLC is a more shinny finish, QPQ Black Nitride is a flat/matte black.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 4:02:39 PM EDT
[#3]
The DLC from Gemini customs is amazing…but not $750 amazing
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 4:23:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BlammO] [#4]
I did a Ruger SP-101 in black Norrell's Molyresin about 17 years ago.  It doesn't get fired a whole lot, but it has held up perfectly.  Nitride would be ideal though.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 10:33:07 AM EDT
[#5]
That nitride over stainless looks really good, and would certainly give you an amazing amount of corrosion protection.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:28:21 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Nickel_Plated] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AT-ST83:
QPQ Black Nitride is the most cost effective solution. Black DLC exists as well. Depends on how much you want to spend on it, and what type of finish you are looking for.  DLC is a more shinny finish, QPQ Black Nitride is a flat/matte black.
View Quote

Give it a nice polish before finishing, and it could pass for bluing. Except it'll be alot tougher than bluing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top