Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2024 8:09:45 PM EDT
There were basically 2 handguns I saw from the SHOT SHOW videos I watched that interested me.  The TTI Combat and the S&W 432UC (can't seem to find one of those).  I went to a local shop today to look around and they had new TTI Combat in the display case.  Trigger was excellent & I really liked the rough grip texture.  After some consideration, I decided to get it.  It was priced at $914, which seems to be cheaper than what I've seen on-line.  They said they've gotten 6 in recently & this was the last one.  In fact, someone had just bought one 1/2 hour earlier.

Some highlights.  Rougher grip texture on the sides, front, & back.  Lower mounting of Red Dot compared to some earlier Caniks. Comped barrel extends into the end of the ported barrel weigh.  And this piece isn't threaded on.  Turn it 30 degrees or so and I guess it comes off. You can actually remove the end piece and run the gun without it, but the barrel will extend past the slide.   S, M, L backstraps.  Trigger is flat and wide and breaks in the vertical position with a very short reset.  Pretty much every optic will mount using the 3 included plates.  Although a Holosun 407k will need 2 of the 4 feet removed off one of the plates.  Comes with a decent righthand Kydex holster. Barrel is 4.6" in length.

After getting home, I was excited to mount an extra Holosun 508T I had.  Unfortunately, it came with large and small mounting screws.  The RMR holes under the slide plate seems to be slightly larger than the small screws and too small for the large screws.  A quick internet search found someone on reddit complaining about the same thing.  I have other countless screws from other optics, but the Canik thread pitch seems to be different (it's finer).  I sent an email to Canik, but it may take a trip to the hardware store.  So, if you get one of these and plan to mount an RMR footprint, you may have the same issue.

I plan to go shoot it later this week.  No pics, as it looks just like every other TTI Combat.

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:31:38 PM EDT
[#1]
That’s the first canik I’ve seen that I actually want.  Seems like a feature rich fun for the price.  Enjoy it in good health.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 6:04:42 PM EDT
[#2]
A trip to Ace Hardware, and I could not find any screws that fit these RMR holes.  I ended-up using the long screws that come with the Holosun 508T.  They fit, but I don't think they are the correct thread pitch.  I used loc-tite and got them snugged down.  They also aren't as long as I prefer them to be, as you can thread into these slides pretty deep.  I'll be shooting it tomorrow to see how it holds-up.  

And I got a 407k to fit on a METE I bought last month. I had to use some standard Philips head screws I found in the garage, as the supplied screws are too short to use with the 407k.  I also had to modify one of the supplied plates to make it work.  I'll shoot that tomorrow too.

Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:23:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's the response from Canik in regard to the RMR holes.

Please use the screws that came with your optic, the manual is currently being updated to state this.  The screws that came with the optic are 6-32 (which is what you need).
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 3:08:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#4]
Some TTI guns have a different thread/depth, I have noticed and the regular screws that come with the rds won't work. I had a TTI Glock 34 slide and the only screws that fit properly were the ones they sold on TTI website. I don't have any experience with the Canik but it could be the same problem. I have a couple Canik pistols and am quite pleased with them. They seem like solid guns. It's unfortunate/fortunate they caught on the way they did, as the prices on them went up a good bit.

So does the barrel have like a lug to connect it to the comp? Nice pistol by the way.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:09:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By patw:
Some TTI guns have a different thread/depth, I have noticed and the regular screws that come with the rds won't work. I had a TTI Glock 34 slide and the only screws that fit properly were the ones they sold on TTI website. I don't have any experience with the Canik but it could be the same problem. I have a couple Canik pistols and am quite pleased with them. They seem like solid guns. It's unfortunate/fortunate they caught on the way they did, as the prices on them went up a good bit.

So does the barrel have like a lug to connect it to the comp? Nice pistol by the way.
View Quote

Kind of.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:34:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Good find. I sell ‘em for $950, so you got a good deal. Only received three so far, all three sold within a day of arriving.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dump1567:
Originally Posted By patw:

Kind of.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19737/IMG_0344_jpeg-3207272.JPG

Rumor has it that specific gun will be featured in the next John Wick film. If true, after that’s released, yeah, you can guarantee Caniks are going to be priced right up there with the rest of the A-Listers.
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 11:41:59 PM EDT
[#8]
A trip to Ace Hardware, and I could not find any screws that fit these RMR holes.  I ended-up using the long screws that come with the Holosun 508T.  They fit, but I don't think they are the correct thread pitch.  I used loc-tite and got them snugged down.  They also aren't as long as I prefer them to be, as you can thread into these slides pretty deep.  I'll be shooting it tomorrow to see how it holds-up.  

And I got a 407k to fit on a METE I bought last month. I had to use some standard Philips head screws I found in the garage, as the supplied screws are too short to use with the 407k.  I also had to modify one of the supplied plates to make it work.  I'll shoot that tomorrow too.

https://i.imgur.com/NfoLKsX.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/UyL0GxG.jpg
View Quote

Nice looking guns.  Swampfox sells a pack of screws with all sorts of thread pitches, lengths, etc.  I found that some from the pack (I can't remember which size now unfortunately) fit my METE perfectly when none of the screws that came with the Holosun worked.  Maybe give Swampfox a look.
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:20:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Landric:

Nice looking guns.  Swampfox sells a pack of screws with all sorts of thread pitches, lengths, etc.  I found that some from the pack (I can't remember which size now unfortunately) fit my METE perfectly when none of the screws that came with the Holosun worked.  Maybe give Swampfox a look.
View Quote

Thanks.  Per Canik, you use the screws that came with the optic (which I did).
Link Posted: 5/7/2024 11:24:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Vehemence:

Rumor has it that specific gun will be featured in the next John Wick film. If true, after that’s released, yeah, you can guarantee Caniks are going to be priced right up there with the rest of the A-Listers.
View Quote

I think if that happens, the gun will probably be hard to get for a while, but unlike other JW guns, this thing is a production mass produced model.  There's 50 available just on GB right now.
Link Posted: 5/17/2024 7:26:50 AM EDT
[#11]
Here's the response from Canik in regard to the RMR holes.

Please use the screws that came with your optic, the manual is currently being updated to state this.  The screws that came with the optic are 6-32 (which is what you need).
View Quote

Nice to know I'm not going nuts.

Stumbled across a TTI Combat at a local shop (at MSRP!) that came home with me. First striker fired Canik for me after shooting and loving a friends TP9SFX (think thats the model.. 5" older 'competition' type gun) side by side with several of my 'nicer' guns.
Tried to follow the manual and tried every screw in the case with an RMR and no love.

Removed the optic and used the stock Trijicon screw and they threaded in / out without issue.

Mounted the RMR using factory screws.

Now to find a decent AIWB holster... Looking at photos of other Caniks, it appears it *should* TP9 type holsters if they're molded to allow the full width of the slide through.
Anyone have a recommendation for a Tenicor type holster that fits this?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top