Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Posted: 3/15/2024 3:54:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: agriebel]
I have a 80 series colt commander that is a "custom by ed brown".  It was made in 1990 and has a blue slide with silvery type of frame, maybe metaloy, it's not stainless steel.  Bomar sights and a bar-sto barrel. Do these have any value above a new production Ed Brown?  It's a beautiful gun with a terrific trigger.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 6:42:51 PM EDT
[#1]

I don't know about the value

. . . . but that looks wonderful

Link Posted: 3/15/2024 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#2]
The frame is probably hard chrome, a favorite of custom gunsmiths who want the best finish that's a real lifetime finish.

Hard chrome is offered by a number of suppliers, often under a brand name, but it's all hard chrome.
Link Posted: 3/15/2024 9:34:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dfariswheel:
The frame is probably hard chrome, a favorite of custom gunsmiths who want the best finish that's a real lifetime finish.

Hard chrome is offered by a number of suppliers, often under a brand name, but it's all hard chrome.
View Quote

yep

Link Posted: 3/16/2024 10:35:28 AM EDT
[#4]
Ed Brown second hand market tends to be softer than other 1911 semi custom shops, but you never know what something is worth to the right person. I'd be tempted if I saw it in the classifieds, but two tone with target sights is my favorite configuration.

You'll get better feedback from the 1911 section here, or even better a dedicated 1911 forum like 1911 Addicts.

Great looking specimen you have there!
Link Posted: 3/16/2024 12:54:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By friskydingo:
Ed Brown second hand market tends to be softer than other 1911 semi custom shops, but you never know what something is worth to the right person. I'd be tempted if I saw it in the classifieds, but two tone with target sights is my favorite configuration.

You'll get better feedback from the 1911 section here, or even better a dedicated 1911 forum like 1911 Addicts.

Great looking specimen you have there!
View Quote

thanks, I'll post there as well
Page Handguns » Colt
Top Top