Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2024 10:19:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT]

Article is posted.

https://www.shootingnewsweekly.com/revolvers/revolver-rants-czech-out-apfs-r1-revolvers/

New Wave Firearms Tests the APF R-1 Revolver | 3" Stainless Steel & 6" Blued Steel
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 10:31:23 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 10:40:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Their website has them at $1,500 each

Ouch
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 10:44:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 11:09:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks unreasonably heavy for a late-night carry piece just to get home alive from the Stop-n-Rob Mart.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 11:24:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for the article.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 7:39:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bigt61:
Their website has them at $1,500 each

Ouch
View Quote
They're not cheap across the pond.

Add US import fees and shipping costs to those European prices...
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 7:43:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Nick_Adams:
Looks unreasonably heavy for a late-night carry piece just to get home alive from the Stop-n-Rob Mart.
View Quote
It isn't a "throw in the pocket for a gallon of milk run to the local stop 'n rob" gun. It is the same as an all steel S&W .357 Magnum K-Frame or Ruger Speed Six. It is a fighting revolver.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 9:59:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: SiVisPacem] [#8]
I have one of the Alfa Proj .22 LR revolvers imported by RIA, their 9-shot AL22.

It's a sturdy, well-built revolver and plenty accurate, as well. MSRP is $699, but they can be found around $529-549 if you shop around.

ETA: If they're going to market to the US, their website team needs to learn the difference between barrel length and caliber as used by most Americans. They advertise "3 CALIBERS," but they really mean three barrel lengths (3, 4, and 6"). Unless they intended to describe them like naval guns, such as 16"/50 caliber, which is an 800" long gun with a 16" bore, but I don't see them listed as .357/8.4 caliber, .357/11.2 caliber, and .357/16.8 caliber. They need to let a marketing person whose native language is English write the web site, not an engineer who speaks broken English.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 10:28:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SiVisPacem:
I have one of the Alfa Proj .22 LR revolvers imported by RIA, their 9-shot AL22.

It's a sturdy, well-built revolver and plenty accurate, as well. MSRP is $699, but they can be found around $529-549 if you shop around.

ETA: If they're going to market to the US, their website team needs to learn the difference between barrel length and caliber as used by most Americans. They advertise "3 CALIBERS," but they really mean three barrel lengths (3, 4, and 6"). Unless they intended to describe them like naval guns, such as 16"/50 caliber, which is an 800" long gun with a 16" bore, but I don't see them listed as .357/8.4 caliber, .357/11.2 caliber, and .357/16.8 caliber. They need to let a marketing person whose native language is English write the web site, not an engineer who speaks broken English.
View Quote
I've spoken to them about that and a few other issues after I did my review. The owners of APF are not native speakers. They're Italians actually. It is a father and son team. The old man was in the Italian armed forces and enjoyed shooting. Afterwards, they moved to Miami, FL and opened up a jewelry business. But they still enjoyed shooting. Junior, with the help of his dad, decided to open up an import company to bring stuff over from Italy, and from there they've expanded in IDPA/IPSC. The revolvers are a new thing for 'em. They have an eye for quality, but not a tongue for English.

Link Posted: 8/31/2024 11:10:01 AM EDT
[#10]

View Quote
I've come close to pulling the trigger (so to speak) on the 9 mm version of that, for a fun gun.  

The 3" 357 mags with fixed sights are certainly a sweet spot for a defense revolver.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 11:23:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Miami_JBT:
I've spoken to them about that and a few other issues after I did my review. The owners of APF are not native speakers. They're Italians actually. It is a father and son team. The old man was in the Italian armed forces and enjoyed shooting. Afterwards, they moved to Miami, FL and opened up a jewelry business. But they still enjoyed shooting. Junior, with the help of his dad, decided to open up an import company to bring stuff over from Italy, and from there they've expanded in IDPA/IPSC. The revolvers are a new thing for 'em. They have an eye for quality, but not a tongue for English.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I figured it was a case of a non-native speaker writing the script. Their site definitely needs work and I'm sure you can help guide them with that.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 11:25:26 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By DrMark:
I've come close to pulling the trigger (so to speak) on the 9 mm version of that, for a fun gun.  

The 3" 357 mags with fixed sights are certainly a sweet spot for a defense revolver.
View Quote

Yep, I think a 3" round butt S&W Model 65 is a tough to beat defensive gun.
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 2:05:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Miami_JBT] [#13]
Link Posted: 8/31/2024 3:58:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Article is posted.

https://www.shootingnewsweekly.com/
View Quote
Cool.  

As an owner of a Schultz & Larsen 54J rifle in 7x61 Sharpe & Hart, I appreciate the nod to Phil Sharpe.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 10:32:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Yep, I think a 3" round butt S&W Model 65 is a tough to beat defensive gun.
View Quote

Yeah I should've never sold my 65LS.  IMO that was about perfection. I dont know Jack shot about the guy in the video...BUT if the trigger is comparable to a S&W performance center, combined with the recessed cylinder, it sounds like a lot of revolver for the money.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Going to be a tough sell here in the U.S. at those prices. Most wheelgun nuts I know will get a new Colt King Cobra/Python or a gently used S&W 686 for about the same $$$ or less. Not a huge fan of the laser engraving all over the frame either. Keep it tasteful.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:

Yeah I should've never sold my 65LS.  IMO that was about perfection. I dont know Jack shot about the guy in the video...BUT if the trigger is comparable to a S&W performance center, combined with the recessed cylinder, it sounds like a lot of revolver for the money.
View Quote
@Trumpet, that's me. It is my article and my video.
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 4:00:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Cool!  Then it carries a little more weight
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:27:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Those look pretty nice. Are they 1-piece bbls?
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 8:36:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:
View Quote
Yup
Link Posted: 9/5/2024 9:01:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Yup
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By raygixxer89:
Yup

Nice! I'm going to look fir one to hold.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 10:18:08 AM EDT
[#22]
The 4" has my attention.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 11:26:36 AM EDT
[#23]
View Quote

Great article, I enjoyed the read!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top