Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2024 9:20:15 PM EDT
Picked up 2 Dagger compacts today from my FFL and one of them has a rattle. It's the striker moving around. One of them has enough drag that it doesn't move and the other moves very freely. Anything to be concerned about?
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 9:33:58 PM EDT
[#1]
If you rack the slide so the striker is "cocked", does it stop?  If so, that's normal.

It's never a bad idea to completely disassemble these slide and make sure there's no manufacturing residue in any of the crevices or channels.  I think I would be more concerned with the one that doesn't have the striker moving a little back and forth when it is not "cocked" (for lack of a better term).
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 10:10:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2024 5:57:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll PM you tomorrow. I did take them both out yesterday and both were flawless and fairly accurate.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DavidY:
If you rack the slide so the striker is "cocked", does it stop?  If so, that's normal.

It's never a bad idea to completely disassemble these slide and make sure there's no manufacturing residue in any of the crevices or channels.  I think I would be more concerned with the one that doesn't have the striker moving a little back and forth when it is not "cocked" (for lack of a better term).
View Quote
This, when the trigger is pulled back and the striker released, it should be able to move freely fore and aft a bit, and make a bit of a rattle sound.

When the striker is cocked, it should not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top