Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/17/2024 12:29:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenH]
The one with the 15 round grip but 3.6” barrel seems to be discontinued and replaced by an optics ready version?

ETA: they are still making them in their LE line up. I had to drive to a police supply store to find one in stock.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 1:56:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: spmx7777] [#1]
Originally Posted By StevenH:
The one with the 15 round grip but 3.6” barrel seems to be discontinued and replaced by an optics ready version?
View Quote

That seems to be the case, if you're in the market a new one is at guns.com with free shipping and the rebate.

https://www.guns.com/firearms/handguns/semi-auto/smith-&wesson-m&p-9mm-luger-

They have a few used as well.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 8:14:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/22/2024 5:07:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: StevenH] [#3]
Apparently they are still listed as an LE option. Found one at a police supply store that sells to veterans

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:04:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#4]

ETA: they are still making them in their LE line up. I had to drive to a police supply store to find one in stock.
View Quote

Out of curiosity, why did you specifically want the older one instead of the newer optics-ready version.  Obviously, with the optics-ready version you would probably want to swap out the sights if you didn't want to put an optic on it now (they could be saved for later), but you would gain the newer-style trigger, the full-height front slider serrations, and the ability to add an optic down the road.  Was it simply to save cost, or was there something else that you considered better about it?
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:08:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By CarpNY:

Out of curiosity, why did you specifically want the older one instead of the newer optics-ready version.  Obviously, with the optics-ready version you would probably want to swap out the sights if you didn't want to put an optic on it now (they could be saved for later), but you would gain the newer-style trigger, the full-height front slider serrations, and the ability to add an optic down the road.  Was it simply to save cost, or was there something else that you considered better about it?
View Quote

Lots of people (including myself) would much prefer to have the slide milled than a plate system. It’s superior in every way to an adapter.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 1:23:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CarpNY] [#6]
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:

Lots of people (including myself) would much prefer to have the slide milled than a plate system. It’s superior in every way to an adapter.
View Quote

Ah, that makes sense.

I'm considering the M&P 2.0 Compact 3.6", and don't plan to run an optic initially.  I prefer the new factory flat trigger to the hinged one, but could go the Apex route.  Plus, being in NY, I need a 10-round magazine, but they only seem to have them with 15-round magazines right now (should be able to use the same 10-round mags that the compliant Compact 4.0" comes with, right?)  Perhaps, I'll look at a used NOS MA-compliant one, put in an Apex trigger, and remove the magazine disconnect.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 5:34:38 PM EDT
[#7]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Wanted to reuse my Gen 1 MP9C holsters
Link Posted: 8/10/2024 12:50:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#8]
I think the 3.6" version is the most underrated in the M&P camp.

As far as I can tell on the S&W site, the 3.6 Compact are still in the lineup:

SKUs: 13571, 13570,  13008

Even the older SubCompact models are still in:

SKUs: 12481, 12482
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 6:40:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I have a 3.6 but never shoot it anymore.
I put 4-500 rounds through it and carried it for a while but I kept going back to other guns instead. Now it just sits in the safe.
Link Posted: 8/11/2024 7:17:29 AM EDT
[#10]
I had my 3.6” milled as well. I wanted to make my carry gun a carbon copy of my full-size basically.

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top