Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/12/2024 12:17:57 PM EDT
I could have sworn they did but I seem to be coming up blank. I'd like to pick up a few more of the factory 19 round mags but was hoping to find some black ones instead of tan.
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 12:28:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have seen them on the shelves at GT distributors.
They were loose without any packaging.  

I’ve never seen them anywhere else.
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 12:33:42 PM EDT
[#2]
There must be a Glock part number for them, I've seen them as well.  The only thing online I find is reference on the EU Glock website.

In a pinch, they've simply 17-rd G17 mags with the factory +2 extension installed.  So if you can find those elusive extensions you can make your own easily.
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 4:17:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By naes:
I have seen them on the shelves at GT distributors.
They were loose without any packaging.  

I’ve never seen them anywhere else.
View Quote

That’s the only place I’ve seen them

I think I’ve seen them since well before the 19x existed too

It’s a black OEM plus 2 I wonder if GTs was building them
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 5:30:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:

View Quote

Possibly.  They were out of OEM +2s today.  I'll probably swing back by there Monday or Tuesday to look at something in the use case and I'll see if they have them over there.  I know for certain they have the G26 with the +2 installed, pretty sure that's a Glock part number however.
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 5:39:48 PM EDT
[#5]
GlockStore factory G17 with OEM +2 extension: Black 19 round mag  $33.99
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I used RIT dye on a pile of them. No issues.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 12:05:01 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 12:40:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DavidY:

Possibly.  They were out of OEM +2s today.  I'll probably swing back by there Monday or Tuesday to look at something in the use case and I'll see if they have them over there.  I know for certain they have the G26 with the +2 installed, pretty sure that's a Glock part number however.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:

Last time I found factory Glock+2 extensions at GT they weren't with the Glock mags, they were on the other aisle near the Pearce mag extensions. Glock logos.

They may be closed for the holiday Monday.

@DavidY
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 12:50:47 AM EDT
[#9]
As others have said Lenny is happy to sell you G17 mags with OEM extensions. And honestly that’s good enough for me. I’ve spent many thousands there. Even in person. Salad days. And I’ve quit bitching when I have BNA overnights.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 1:14:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#10]
Originally Posted By Strela:

Last time I found factory Glock+2 extensions at GT they weren't with the Glock mags, they were on the other aisle near the Pearce mag extensions. Glock logos.

They may be closed for the holiday Monday.

@DavidY
View Quote

Not closed for Columbus day.  

I know they usually have the OEM +2s in a "fishbowl" on the back counter, but one of the guys said some guy came by and bought 35 of them and they sold out of the last few a few days after that.  

They were also out of regular baseplates and inserts (one reason I stopped by)

And the Pearce mag extensions are above the Glock magazines now.  

Link Posted: 10/13/2024 1:16:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Is the spring the same in the factory 17 round mag as it is in the 19X 19 round mag? I was under the impression it was an extension and longer spring. But I've never pulled them apart to confirm.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 1:18:30 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#12]
Originally Posted By JBecker_72:
Is the spring the same in the factory 17 round mag as it is in the 19X 19 round mag? I was under the impression it was an extension and longer spring. But I've never pulled them apart to confirm.
View Quote

IIRC....

15 round mags = 9 coil springs

17 round (G17 or G19+2) = 10 coil

19 round (G19X or G17+2) = 11 coil

The only case where you don’t need to upgrade the springs is for G26 10+2 mags.

Midwest often has good prices and selection of OEM parts, including springs.

https://www.midwestgunworks.com/glock/magazine-spring.html

Link Posted: 10/13/2024 1:43:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By MoonDancer:
GlockStore factory G17 with OEM +2 extension: Black 19 round mag  $33.99
View Quote
Thanks for all of the info guys. I'm gonna order three of these.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 11:22:23 AM EDT
[#14]
Thanks for all of the info guys. I'm gonna order three of these.
View Quote

You won’t be disappointed. Just had them send me some G22 mags with plus 2s.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 10:20:20 PM EDT
[#15]
I runs a lot of +2 Glock mags between my 19x and my 45 build. Prob have 30 of them. I built a few getting the extension from GT and bought a few fde ones but in the end after buying mags, springs and the extension it’s just cheaper to buy them complete. Lately I been buying them 3 at a time from here.

https://lcaction.com/glock-g17-g34-g45-g47-19rd-2-ext-9mm-magazine-orange-follower-oem/

So far so good, no issues and shipping is pretty quick.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 10:32:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bigjoe7757:
I runs a lot of +2 Glock mags between my 19x and my 45 build. Prob have 30 of them. I built a few getting the extension from GT and bought a few fde ones but in the end after buying mags, springs and the extension it’s just cheaper to buy them complete. Lately I been buying them 3 at a time from here.

https://lcaction.com/glock-g17-g34-g45-g47-19rd-2-ext-9mm-magazine-orange-follower-oem/

So far so good, no issues and shipping is pretty quick.
View Quote

That's certainly easy if you don't want to fiddle fart with removing baseplates.  

GT Distributors pricing is $21.99 & $8.99 for the +2 (IF they're in stock).  Better during holiday sales, but I wouldn't balk at $30 to be done with it if I wanted some.
Link Posted: 10/13/2024 10:41:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Never understood why Glock didn’t sell these since they already make the parts.

I also wish they’d make 21 or 22 round OEM mags to avoid the cost of aftermarket extended base pads.

24 rounders are just a little too long in a holstered gun.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:04:04 AM EDT
[#18]

That's certainly easy if you don't want to fiddle fart with removing baseplates.  

GT Distributors pricing is $21.99 & $8.99 for the +2 (IF they're in stock).  Better during holiday sales, but I wouldn't balk at $30 to be done with it if I wanted some.
View Quote

You would still need the 11 coil spring in addition to the mag and +2 adapter
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:53:54 AM EDT
[#19]

View All Quotes

I forgot about that.  

I wonder if They are selling 10 coil spring magazines with the +2 added instead of a complete 11 coil magazine?  $99.99 to find out?  (minimum order of three with $9.99 shipping).

I only wonder out loud because I find NOBODY else selling the black version and no part number on the public or restricted Glock part order forms for the 17+2 magazine (despite Glock and glock.eu showing it as available.  

Link Posted: 10/14/2024 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#20]

I forgot about that.  

I wonder if They are selling 10 coil spring magazines with the +2 added instead of a complete 11 coil magazine?  $99.99 to find out?  (minimum order of three with $9.99 shipping).

I only wonder out loud because I find NOBODY else selling the black version and no part number on the public or restricted Glock part order forms for the 17+2 magazine (despite Glock and glock.eu showing it as available.  

View Quote
The ones I ordered from Glock Store say they have the 11 coil spring. Out the door I think it was $117 shipped for three mags.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 6:32:50 PM EDT
[#21]
The ones I ordered from Glock Store say they have the 11 coil spring. Out the door I think it was $117 shipped for three mags.
View All Quotes

I forgot about that.  

Good info to have, thanks.

Link Posted: 10/14/2024 9:03:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9mmstephen] [#22]
Find 33 round mags at a good price and take of the bottoms.  Buy 11 coil mag springs for each G17 mag.  Switch the G18 and G17 bottoms and put in the 11 coil springs.  Take the G17 10 coil springs and swap out the springs in your G19/G23 mags.  10 G18 mags will get you 5 G17 and 5 G19 +2 mags for the price of 5 11 coil springs and 10 G18 mags.  In the end you also have 31 round stick mags and +2 mags at just a little more cost.  The 11 coil springs are sold for the G22 mags and can be hard to find.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 9:52:06 PM EDT
[#23]
The used to sell them as Glock 18 mags but I haven’t seen new ones in years.
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 10:02:57 PM EDT
[#24]
You mean Glock 17 mags with the factory +2 extension? Yes they sell those in black, I have a bunch.

They also sell Glock 19 mags with +2 extensions.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 4:01:56 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bigjoe7757] [#25]
I made some similar moves with my mags springs when I was building. I took the 10 coil springs from the oem 17 mags and some +2 extensions from GT and made six 17 rounders for my model 19. They work great also.

As info I used wolf +10% Glock 22 eleven coil springs when I built my 19 rounders for my 19x and 45 build. They work perfectly and I have been running them. Additionally I used these same springs from wolf and some +2 extensions from GT to build six 16 rounders for my Glock 22. Nice part was I then recycled the oem 11 coil springs form those mags to make more 19 rounders for my 45 build. Now that I think about it I prob have closer to 50 mags with the Glock +2 extension. Bottom line is they all run 100%.
Link Posted: 10/15/2024 7:46:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Haven’t seen them in black in a while but Brownells sells 3 pack of the tan 19X mags for $75 and there’s always several codes floating around for free shipping.

Also if you have a active junky account you can get anywhere from 2%-8% cash back depending on the current promo.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top