Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/23/2024 2:12:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ChickenDaddy]
Admittedly, I was a little bummed to see such QC on a factory new 2000+$ pistol, and I will be contacting HK.

But maybe its normal?  Do your Mk 23’s have scratches/gouges/voids in the plastic?  

Are the sides of the dust covers “wavy”, like mine?

None of my other HK pistols have any of these features

7/7/24:  gunzone deals shipped my replacement before my dealer mailed the original back, and threw in some swag so that was good service.

Also a 23 manufacture.

That being said, MUCH BETTER dust cover.  However, one pin was a few whacks away from being seated and the hammer has a big casting void….

Fun fact is that in my attempt to measure the depth of the hole, I found the hammer to be coated in some kind if rubbery material—are yours that way?

Also the chromed barrel looks just like every one else’s—like they went every direction possible when polishing it out.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

SECOND GUN:
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 4:48:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Yep, it's about right/same as mine. I don't worry about it, as long as it shoots fine.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 7:33:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KitBuilder] [#2]
Mine did not have any gouges like that from the factory. It’s like 1997 production.
I realize it’s only cosmetic, but yeah that’d bother me if I paid for a new one.

The sides of my dust cover are wavy too. I think they all are.
Link Posted: 6/23/2024 7:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Sides are wavy it's normal.

That gouge is a warranty request.
Link Posted: 6/26/2024 8:50:42 PM EDT
[#4]
From HK CS:

Sir,

I did have a the gunsmiths look at the pictures and the dust cover side looked normal, so there is no functional issue with the firearm. I checked the serial number and that gun shipped out of here on 05/01/2023 and would not left the the marks on the bottom of the dust cover. I have no way to determine what happened to it once it left here.

Customer Success Team
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 9:57:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MTNShewter] [#5]
I was disappointed with mine (uspt45).  I made a thread too.  I put a GGG rail on right away and I don’t worry about it.  Gun is wonderful and has no other blemishes:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/28/2024 10:04:32 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had mine for ~7 years, put ~1K rounds thru it, nothing big.

I just took a look at it, not a single scratch.  I have no idea how that happened to your gun.

It is cosmetic and will have NO impact on the guns performance - However, for $2K, I'd be a little...  

Link Posted: 6/30/2024 9:11:40 AM EDT
[#7]
Just wait until you start shooting it and the finish starts coming off.

For a 2K tank of a pistol, the cheap ass spray paint they put on it sucks!
I would much rather have the same finish that is on my USP's. They still look great.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:38:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Must be the mil spec is lower standard than the commercial line?

Mine was sent back for replacement today.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:39:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ChickenDaddy:
I hate to break it to you, but the Mark 23 you bought isn’t the MILSPEC version.

They use/used a different frame mold for those.
The chambers were also different, and the slides had different markings.

Mine was sent back for replacement today.
Good!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top