Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/3/2024 9:34:14 PM EDT
Looking to add a compensator to my Walther PDP Pro. Herrington Arms, PMM, any others?  What is your favorite and why?
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I have and have only used the PMM comp on my PDP. I like it but I got nothing else to go off of.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 12:42:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Jkees] [#2]
I have the Herrington Arms one, I don't think it looks as good as the PMM, but I heard it performs better and it was easy to install without a vice or any tools other than a allen key.

I notice a positive difference with the HA comp over no comp, but have not tried the PMM so cannot compare how effective.

I also saw that zr tactical now also makes a comp as well for the PDP.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:17:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Jkees:
I have the Herrington Arms one, I don't think it looks as good as the PMM, but I heard it performs better and it was easy to install without a vice or any tools other than a allen key.

I notice a positive difference with the HA comp over no comp, but have not tried the PMM so cannot compare how effective.

I also saw that zr tactical now also makes a comp as well for the PDP.
View Quote

I have the Same HA comp. Works well for me. Noticeable less muzzle climb
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:32:04 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Karankawa] [#4]
What loads and recoil spring are y’all using? I have the PMM with a 16 lb Glock 17 spring on a polished tungsten rod. With the only functional load I’ve made was 90gr frangibles with as much Auto Comp as the case could hold. Can’t recall the weight but I worked up to it and it’s the minimum to lock the slide. May have to go heavier bullets. Haven’t tried them yet as I wanted to see the absolute flattest shooting possible for steel up close.

I think the DPM recoil spring without a brake worked better. It seems very likely to me there’s not enough powder to work the comp yet. Maybe that’s just what I was used to.

Mine’s actually a PPQ but I think they’re pretty similar.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top