Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2024 3:09:15 PM EDT
Was looking at one of these in a gun shop.  Thought holly smokes it's a light trigger for not having a safety.  After some research this is basically a single action hammer fired gun without any safetys.  So have we now graduated to where it's considered safe to carry a 1911 without any safetys engaged and the grip safety pinned?  I realize it's not as short a stroke as a 1911 but to me this is ridiculous to have that level of trigger in a carry gun with no safety's.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 3:35:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh, people do dumb shit and shoot themselves with factory Glock triggers and 12 pound DA  revolver triggers.

Break weight isn't as important as having some take up in a gun like that. I assume it has a FP block too but I'm not super familiar with the design.
Link Posted: 5/2/2024 5:10:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Urimaginaryfrnd] [#2]
JM Custom Kydex will build a holster for FN Reflex upon request.

1. Off Target = Off Trigger
    2. Muzzle Discipline - Don’t point guns at something you are not willing to shoot.

https://fnamerica.com/reflex/?utm_source=mobile_featured
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 5:53:36 AM EDT
[#3]
People carry Sig 320s and Walther P-whatevermodeloftheweek.

Those have pretty-damn-near single action triggers. People have been carrying light, short triggers with no safety for sometime now.

As long as it's covered by a holster, triggers don't pull themselves right? Except for the Sig maybe
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 3:37:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I like thumb safeties (if it is available, that's the model I want), but they do not change the fact that the four rules of firearm safety and general safe firearm handling practices (including safe holstering and use of a proper holster) must be observed at all times. I would rather have a modern firearm with multiple passive drop safeties that has no thumb safety rather than the opposite. As always, it is your responsibility to be safe and your experience may vary.

I am a bit surprised they don't have a manual safety version though.
Top Top