Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

G19 in the SF communities. (Page 36 of 36)
Page / 36
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 12:58:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Combat_Diver:
Had to replace some worn parts on this seasoned Mk27 Mod 0.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0949_jpeg-3201917.JPG
View Quote

That barrel has seen some rounds.
I’m impressed.  

Link Posted: 8/24/2024 11:56:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By naes:

I’m impressed.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By naes:
Had to replace some worn parts on this seasoned Mk27 Mod 0.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/32677/IMG_0949_jpeg-3201917.JPG

I’m impressed.  

I have a G19 of similar vintage that ran competitions and courses for years, along with EDC, probably with a similar round count but gentler life in the holster and less of a diet of fine grit. I am amazed at the lack of parts breakage, the barrel's accuracy has not degraded to the point that I can tell, and the amount of cheese that can build up in the mechanisms (firing pin channel, extractor recesses, etc.) and it simply doesn't care. I even ran it one year of matches, courses, qualifications, and EDC without cleaning the interior (just wipe down exterior, inspect parts, shake sand out) and nothing.

Which brings me to the question of when that SAS guy went into this cave in Afghanistan and ended up having to knife some Tali because his G19 "failed" makes me wonder what actually happened to that pistol - mainly so I can make adjust preventive maintenance on mine.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 5:35:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Echoing what others have said...fascinating thread that has me searching and reaching for my wallet.

Thanks for the insight and mad knowledge, special thanks to those veterans who contribute.
Link Posted: 8/25/2024 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Wyominer:

Nice 17 and a 47
View All Quotes

Nice 17 and a 47
Good observation on the 47.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 12:39:43 PM EDT
[#6]

CD, is there any sort of round interval at which these guns mandatorily come to you for service?  Or is it more of a “when they act funny” sort of thing? If the former, how are round counts being tracked? Thanks again for your contributions to this thread!
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 1:25:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Combat_Diver] [#7]
Originally Posted By Parabellum226:

CD, is there any sort of round interval at which these guns mandatorily come to you for service?  Or is it more of a “when they act funny” sort of thing? If the former, how are round counts being tracked? Thanks again for your contributions to this thread!
View Quote

Guns are subject to Quarterly/Semi Annual/Annual inspections.  No round count unless cannon tubes.  If guns have any issues they bring them in.
Link Posted: 8/27/2024 6:52:12 PM EDT
[#8]

You have any history or linage on the usage of that nsa holster?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 3:04:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 4:04:15 PM EDT
[#10]

Guns are subject to Quarterly/Semi Annual/Annual inspections.  No round count unless cannon tubes.  If guns have any issues they bring them in.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Parabellum226:

Is there a specific life cycle on a Glock?  As in they get replaced at X years, Y rounds, or similar?

What usually drives replacement of the pistol?
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 2:17:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By FedDC:

Is there a specific life cycle on a Glock?  As in they get replaced at X years, Y rounds, or similar?

What usually drives replacement of the pistol?
View Quote

Not that I've seen.  Replacement is the gun is no longer repairable or replaced by another new model.
Link Posted: 8/30/2024 8:39:52 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/1/2024 12:43:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: pbjunkiee] [#13]
I just need some tan mags now

Link Posted: 9/5/2024 9:25:46 AM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

https://i.imgur.com/eCmDw22.jpeg
View Quote

Lookin good!
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Dumb question of mine but what holsters are typically ran with the SF glocks. From the photos is seems like quite a few of CD’s holsters, older safariland DO’s and some one off personal purchases. It seems like any safariland ones out there are only the als and dont have hoods either.
Link Posted: 9/6/2024 9:27:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: topshoppa] [#16]
Attachment Attached File

My Mk27 Mod 2 with an SU-291 and LH barrel. Still need to track down a USA G19 Gen 4 but I'm happy with this so far.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 2:51:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Admral_Ben:
Dumb question of mine but what holsters are typically ran with the SF glocks. From the photos is seems like quite a few of CD’s holsters, older safariland DO’s and some one off personal purchases. It seems like any safariland ones out there are only the als and dont have hoods either.
View Quote

Safariland is the only issued holster.
Link Posted: 9/7/2024 4:16:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/8/2024 1:04:25 PM EDT
[#19]

Somebody went to Centrifuge…
View All Quotes

Don’t tell Mike Pannone
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 1:56:35 PM EDT
[#20]

Don’t tell Mike Pannone
View All Quotes

Don’t tell Mike Pannone

Yeah...I don't get the dislike.  VCQB is valid.  Its specific to certain scenarios...but its valid.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Originally Posted By pbjunkiee:

https://i.imgur.com/eCmDw22.jpeg
View Quote
Kensight?  Sure looks like one.  I didn't know they made them for Glocks.  My wallet is running from me......
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:38:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: S-1] [#22]

Yeah...I don't get the dislike.  VCQB is valid.  Its specific to certain scenarios...but its valid.
View All Quotes

Don’t tell Mike Pannone

Him and Pranka bash Centrifuge a lot. It seems to me that they have problems with people who run more successful businesses.
Link Posted: 9/9/2024 2:57:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By wildearp:
Kensight?  Sure looks like one.  I didn't know they made them for Glocks.  My wallet is running from me......
View Quote

Dawson
Link Posted: 9/14/2024 4:24:36 PM EDT
[#24]

View Quote

I’ve been to a few different Centrifuge classes.  HRVS instructor, RDS instructor, VCQB.  And then their materials creation class. I’ve enjoyed all of them and learned lots of new and good stuff at each class. I didn’t  know Pannone wasn’t a fan.
Link Posted: Today 11:51:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By S-1:

Him and Pranka bash Centrifuge a lot. It seems to me that they have problems with people who run more successful businesses.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By S-1:

Don’t tell Mike Pannone

Mike is a good dude.  Pranka is an egotistical D.  I respect his achievements and skills...but he's as much ego as he is hard skills and that isn't good when it comes to evaluating techniques and gear.  

Either way, I am a VCQB certified instructor.  Its absolutely realistic and valid for people who work around cars in the kinetic/gunfight sense.  The ballistic demo alone is something we should all see to understand how bullets do and don't penetrate vehicles.  

Link Posted: Today 12:23:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NCPatrolAR] [#26]

Mike is a good dude.  Pranka is an egotistical D.  I respect his achievements and skills...but he's as much ego as he is hard skills and that isn't good when it comes to evaluating techniques and gear.  

Either way, I am a VCQB certified instructor.  Its absolutely realistic and valid for people who work around cars in the kinetic/gunfight sense.  The ballistic demo alone is something we should all see to understand how bullets do and don't penetrate vehicles.  

View Quote

Do you have to do that awkward lean your upper body way back while having your lower body in a karate kid style front stance or is that optional?
Link Posted: Today 1:13:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Back on topic  
Attachment Attached File

Page / 36
Next Page Arrow Left
G19 in the SF communities. (Page 36 of 36)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top