Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: Yesterday 9:38:56 AM EDT
I have a round 500 rounds down the tube on my G 34 gen 4.  The screw holding down the mounting plate on my MOS version broke off flush with the slide. It cost me $100.00 to have it drilled and tapped by a gunsmith. He re mounted the RDS with longer screws and guaranteed his work.   The mounting plate and screws were torqued correctly and used blue Loctite during the first mounting. These were the plates and screws' sent with the gun. Will Glock reimburse me?. My guess is no. What says the herd. The gun smith was a veteran and I feel better about supporting a veteran. But it still pisses me off that this was an issue. Buyers beware.
Link Posted: Yesterday 9:47:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I honestly don’t know. Glocks customer service has always been lackluster for me. I’m guessing they probably would’ve wanted you to send the gun in prior to you getting it fixed but that’s just a guess. Good luck and keep us updated.
Link Posted: Yesterday 11:44:17 AM EDT
[#2]
I’d almost guarantee they won’t reimburse you, but they probably would have fixed it for free if you contacted them and sent them the gun.
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:50:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Order a Forward Controls plate and install it properly. Your red dot will sit lower and be more secure. Good luck!
Link Posted: Yesterday 12:51:27 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Noah95] [#4]
Yeah, they won’t reimburse you, but they would have fixed or replaced it for free before you had your smith do it.

The factory plates suck, rarely straight and very poor thread engagement. When they break it is usually due to a warped plate.
Link Posted: Yesterday 6:23:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Should of sent it to Glock
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top