Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/31/2024 5:46:31 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus]
I've had this little kit gun, and can't leave well enough alone.

designed up and 3d printed (in steel) a mount for the Mepro Light bullseye that replaces a Glock front sight.  Zerod it for 7 yards

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

I don't have enough rounds through this yet to say I love it, but it is slick and quick.  Kind of a gutter sight, kind of a red dot

I'm sure it's some sort of heresy, but I really like a 22 J frame with a clip-draw and some ammo pods full of Federal Punch for a handy package.  I'll frequently throw that in my truck for vacations in a little pistol safe
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 8:29:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Neat. I kinda like it.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 9:27:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By MallNinja531:
Neat. I kinda like it.
View Quote

I feel the same

Im not sure if I'm asking for praise or to be roasted
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 7:30:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Papposilenus:

I feel the same

Im not sure if I'm asking for praise or to be roasted
View Quote

Well, you are getting a little praise from me, it looks neat.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 2:43:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: patw] [#4]
It's not bad and it's a different option. If it works for you, more power to you. Who knows, it might take off and make you some $$$ if enough people see it and you make the adapter for the sight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:24:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#5]
Originally Posted By patw:
It's not bad and it's a different option. If it works for you, more power to you. Who knows, it might take off and make you some $$$ if enough people see it and you make the adapter for the sight.
View Quote

I'd anticipate selling 0 of these in a lifetime.  It'd only work on the long 314 Smith 22s and with this one type of Mepro Light.

This is purely because I like making stuff

That said, I have been messing with it and I like it.  This is more of a review of the aiming concept.  It works great as a night time/bedside option I think.  I has tritium and glowed well after lights-out with no batteries to worry about and I've never cared for traditional 3 dot night sights and single dot night sights leave the assurance of accuracy off the table.

for that one guy that clears trap-lines at 0200 on new moons and can't be bothered to change batteries, but is also kinda irresponsible with money, this is the trick

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:33:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#6]
I took it out shooting today

I shoot better with red dots than irons and have another 22 revolver with a red dot, so I thought I could do some highly subjective and totally meaningless science

I shot two groups at a modest cadence at 5 yards.  Just favored right and left
Attachment Attached File

And at 7 yards.  The two off the black circles were finding the hold.  The Mepro dot is zero'd much closer to 3 yards than 7.  Each group is 8 rounds.

Attachment Attached File

I have to admit, I like it.  It's not as forgiving for a poor draw/presentation.  I had some difficulty with "sight picture" as there was a light on behind me and the very small lens caught it and obscured the ring-dot well.  I don't like that I depended on a hold for 7 yard groups, I was doing a 6-o'clock-hold low on the target circle

on the plus side it is quick, it does seem to work, and it's very intuitive.  The sight does seem to make me want to correct small errors in presentation, I want to make the circle-dot without knowing I'm doing it.

the LCRx has a Shield RMSc on it
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:45:13 PM EDT
[#7]
View Quote
China has already knocked it off.........
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 5:48:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Papposilenus] [#8]
Originally Posted By Spiffums:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Spiffums:

probably, the CAD of this at a foundational level is "make a rectangle.  Now put one tapered circle and one oval in it. Send it."
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:29:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks to be a good addition to your gun, as accuracy looks good.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:30:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Pretty freakin sweet. Nice work on something unique and useful.

I'd love to have something like that on my Rock Island 38
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top