Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 6/13/2024 7:39:08 PM EDT
I finally decided to get a HK P30 L, lusting after one for awhile.

i had a coworker ask me if it was a USA or German made P30, I told him I am pretty sure they are all made in German (not sure if he was thinking of the HK45). I looked into it and im pretty sure im correct. But wanted to ask here, i know theres a lot of great knowledge in the forums.

im really looking forward to it, hoping it arrives tomorrow, so I can take out to the range house and have some with it on Fathers day weekend
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 8:45:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe the P30, the VP9, HK45 and HK45c are all made here now as well as in Germany. I believe the USP line and the P2000 line are all still only made in Germany. This includes all sub models as well.

Someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I am wrong.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 1:00:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: AMERIKINSHIP] [#2]
I want to say it's right there in the serial number. (or next to it rather)

ETA: Yeah DE on the slide = made in Germany.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:14:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ChandlerKJ:
I believe the P30, the VP9, HK45 and HK45c are all made here now as well as in Germany. I believe the USP line and the P2000 line are all still only made in Germany. This includes all sub models as well.

Someone more knowledgeable will correct me if I am wrong.
View Quote
Thank you.

Makes sense to push production to US, if they can.
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 10:15:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By AMERIKINSHIP:
I want to say it's right there in the serial number. (or next to it rather)

ETA: Yeah DE on the slide = made in Germany.
View Quote
Thanks, I will check when I get it.

either way I know itll be a great handgun
Link Posted: 6/14/2024 9:10:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Finslayer83] [#5]
My 45c is US made.

It’s to the same quality as the German made USPc.

I’d not let it bother me one bit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2024 2:23:49 PM EDT
[#6]
So did it show?

How do you like it?
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 7:11:44 AM EDT
[#7]
My HK 45 from several years ago is US made. I do want a P30L, I just wish they were optic cut.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 7:25:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Just picked up a new-production P30L, it’s made in Germany.
Link Posted: 10/4/2024 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#9]
My new P30L is German Made as well.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 12:39:41 AM EDT
[#10]
I have two P30s and a P30L. All German. A MK23, HK45, HK45C, USPc,45, USP 40, USP 45, USP9, USPc9 and two P2000s. All German. And American HK45.

I carry the American made HK45 just because I do t feel like swapping the threaded barrel out. They’re the same gun. I trust the American gun as much as the European gun. Same as my American versus European Glocks.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 1:48:45 PM EDT
[#11]
The only way you can tell is the marking as the poster above said. My son's is German made, but he got his five years ago. Either way, those guns ARE perfection, no matter where they're made. I had two P30s, different trigger types, LEM and DA/SA. Neither of those was near the gun that my son's  P30L DA/SA is. I could shoot his almost as good as I shoot my 1911s.

The internal machining is almost as good as a lot of maker's external machining. Smooth as silk.

Enjoy it. That's a fine handgun.
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top