Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/4/2021 5:12:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45ProCarry]
I have been offered a Desert Eagle .44 magnum pistol in a trade deal.  How do I tell which version it is?  It is an Israeli made version.  I will try to post some poor pics in a minute.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 5:41:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know much about them but your says made in Israel.  I thought the later models were made in the US.  I could be wrong but that's a place to start. Also check the serial number with them.  That should tell you something too.

Link Posted: 4/4/2021 6:05:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: RiverSwine45] [#3]
I think the 3/8 dove tail and hook type safety lever make it a mark VII.

Trying to make this pdf link work from MRI website.

Edited out

It didn't work.

There is a pdf that explains the difference between the 3

This link works

https://www.magnumresearch.com/PDF/Distinction_MarkI-XIX.pdf
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 6:19:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Sadly, none of their PDF's work on their website.  You can open them, but the FAQ's sections do not work.
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 7:11:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 45ProCarry:
Sadly, none of their PDF's work on their website.  You can open them, but the FAQ's sections do not work.
View Quote

@45ProCarry

Link is fixed
Link Posted: 4/4/2021 7:28:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 45ProCarry] [#6]
It does sound like it's a MK VII.  I appreciate the info.  I am going to setup a meet with the owner to check ot out.  I will update when I can actually see it in person.

@RiverSwine45
Link Posted: 4/11/2021 9:53:15 AM EDT
[#7]
Yep, it is a Mk VII. Looks to be in very nice shape.
If it was a Mk I it would have teardrop shaped safety levers. The hook shape is the Mk VII style.
It will be 44 only. You can not swap on a 50 AE barrel. So just keep that in mind if you were thinking you could put a 50 barrel on it.
I used to have a 44 Mk VII for years. I love it and it was fun to shoot. However I really wanted a 50 cal, so I ended up selling it to buy a 50 AE that also came with a 44 barrel.
Top Top