Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2024 11:15:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunjunki]
I have had the Zev 0Z9c Hypercomp for a while. 15 rd grip was fat and did not fit my hands well. Saw that Icarus made a frame for the Zev in a 19X configuration.
Bought that and a separate Norsso slide, Faxon barrel and comp. I'll have to mill the lower portion (cheeks) of the comp to allow the slide to cycle. I'll Cerekote after that.
The Icarus  frame is smaller in diameter, not blocky and feels/ points naturally for me!

I'm satisfied with the results and 17 rounds of goodness!

Added a picture of the modified/ Cerakoted Faxon Comp. It was supposed to fit a Gen 5 Glock. Works with the Zev frame/ railed dust cover
Also hand to hand lap the Norsso slide using diamond grit paste. Probably 1000 cycles on the slide for a perfect fit to the Zev frame
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice blaster.

My favorite Glock mod was sending my frame to Ben at Boresight for the Razorback mod and grip reduction/flat back strap.  

The Icarus module emulates Ben's work amazingly close.  I picked up a few OZ9c just to tinker with and it's been really fun platform to play around with.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 6:58:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Nice looking gun. I am glad to see other companies making clones and offering different options on them.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 8:06:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunjunki] [#3]
Thank you gentlemen. I enjoy making it all work together . Had a local machinest mill the comp so it could travel the 3/16ths
Into the dust cover
I'll post a picture after I cerekote the comp
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 8:45:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Gunjunki] [#4]
I have a 19X id like to have Boresight do the grip reduction and flat back strap.
Pictures and your thoughts please
@spadedracer
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 8:15:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Gunjunki:
I have a 19X id like to have Boresight do the grip reduction and flat back strap.
Pictures and your thoughts please
@spadedracer
View Quote

The only con is the price, and the wait time if you go with the signature.  You can definitely tell he spends more time on the signature guns having a duty and signature side by side.

Being unable to try before I bought, I talked to Ben.  He offered his suggestion(level 2 reduction w/razorback or mild razorback) on what package to go with and I agreed with him.

Otherwise I have nothing but good things to say.  I'm able to get a more consistent purchase on the gun out of the holster, I'm faster on target, and over it's just a way more ergonomic feel.

Glock 17C Gen5.  This was the first gun Ben did for me, Level 2 Reduction with mild Razorback.  Sorry the lighting kind of sucks.

These were my next 2, and my first signature series.

Link Posted: 10/1/2024 8:46:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 9:51:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By spadedracer:
Nice blaster.

My favorite Glock mod was sending my frame to Ben at Boresight for the Razorback mod and grip reduction/flat back strap.

The Icarus module emulates Ben's work amazingly close.  I picked up a few OZ9c just to tinker with and it's been really fun platform to play around with.
View Quote
Cool dude and great company! I need to check out their new store.
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 11:47:46 AM EDT
[#8]

The only con is the price, and the wait time if you go with the signature.  You can definitely tell he spends more time on the signature guns having a duty and signature side by side.

Being unable to try before I bought, I talked to Ben.  He offered his suggestion(level 2 reduction w/razorback or mild razorback) on what package to go with and I agreed with him.

Otherwise I have nothing but good things to say.  I'm able to get a more consistent purchase on the gun out of the holster, I'm faster on target, and over it's just a way more ergonomic feel.

Glock 17C Gen5.  This was the first gun Ben did for me, Level 2 Reduction with mild Razorback.  Sorry the lighting kind of sucks.
https://i.imgur.com/S74hoV2.jpg

These were my next 2, and my first signature series.
https://i.imgur.com/BwVGddM.jpg
View Quote

Who did the optics cut? What's the dif between razorback vs mild. I like the signature texture
Thanks for the replies!
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 1:18:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Gunjunki:

Who did the optics cut? What's the dif between razorback vs mild. I like the signature texture
Thanks for the replies!
View Quote

The black guns are Agency Arms AOS optic cut.  The grey gun is a factory MOS gun.

The duty and even competition texture will look nicer than the black guns I posted(like the signature).  I'm not sure what was going on at his shop during the time those were being built but I think maybe they got thrown to the new guy in the shop?  Ben reached out and told me to send them in to be re-textured when he came across a picture of them on FB.  They still function great other than not being the most aesthetically pleasing, I'll send them back eventually.

I don't have big hands - wear a medium glove.  Ben suggested the mild Razorback might be a better fit.  The indent/channel above the hump is less pronounced on the mild.

I need to find a spot with better lighting for when I take pictures...
The hump on 19s don't bother me as much as on full-size Glocks.  This is a Level 1.5 w/mild Razorback Ben did for me on my Roland, Duty series.
Link Posted: 10/1/2024 8:00:26 PM EDT
[#10]

The black guns are Agency Arms AOS optic cut.  The grey gun is a factory MOS gun.

The duty and even competition texture will look nicer than the black guns I posted(like the signature).  I'm not sure what was going on at his shop during the time those were being built but I think maybe they got thrown to the new guy in the shop?  Ben reached out and told me to send them in to be re-textured when he came across a picture of them on FB.  They still function great other than not being the most aesthetically pleasing, I'll send them back eventually.

I don't have big hands - wear a medium glove.  Ben suggested the mild Razorback might be a better fit.  The indent/channel above the hump is less pronounced on the mild.

I need to find a spot with better lighting for when I take pictures...
The hump on 19s don't bother me as much as on full-size Glocks.  This is a Level 1.5 w/mild Razorback Ben did for me on my Roland, Duty series.
https://i.imgur.com/6GoVivu.jpg
View Quote

A little difficult to see the back strap in the shadows. But I wear medium sized gloves as well.
Thank you for helping out. Lord knows I need another pistol 😂
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top