BCM
User Panel

Page / 40
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@brazos609

I can send it to you, just email email me or send me a pm.
View Quote
@mhode

Sent pm
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:53:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

@mhode  PM sent
View Quote
I converted the PSD file to PDF format and reduced size from 23mb to 1mb for ease of emailing and use.  I forwarded links to everyone who PM'd me.  If anyone else wants it I'll probably set up a google drive and post the link or else we'll have to deal with my slow ass getting around to sending it out.  Thanks to @SilasB, its his PSD file, I just made it easier to use, lol.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

@mhode

Sent pm
View Quote
@556Gunner
@brazos609
Got it, email sent
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 6:49:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I converted the PSD file to PDF format and reduced size from 23mb to 1mb for ease of emailing and use.  I forwarded links to everyone who PM'd me.  If anyone else wants it I'll probably set up a google drive and post the link or else we'll have to deal with my slow ass getting around to sending it out.  Thanks to @SilasB, its his PSD file, I just made it easier to use, lol.
View Quote
Editable PDF is def the way to go.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 7:01:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Editable PDF is def the way to go.  
View Quote
Do we need Adobe Pro or just regular Adobe?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Do we need Adobe Pro or just regular Adobe?
View Quote
It won’t let you edit in free Adobe or Reader. I have Acrobat. Also a tip, if the font isn’t exact and you try to edit the numbers, they will be off. When you edit, keep the font and redo the whole serial TF00XXXX. At least when I did some it was off unless I edited the whole serial field.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:13:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anyone here deal with K5 Arms in Trophy Club, TX? (near Ft Worth)/quote

Whats your number, I am thinking its not going to happen. I am 17.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:18:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have one on prepay with them too, under 20 on their list.  Been on the list since January 2nd.  I talked to them yesterday and was told that they have received about eight in total.  I asked if they expected any more and they said yes and that they had 100 on order.  I feel it seems unlikely that they will get 92 more if they've only gotten eight so far.  I asked at what time would they concede that they would not be getting more and was told in 60 days.  So, in short if they don't get them in within in two months we can expect a refund.
View Quote
me too I saw on sigs web page they were elite so I went there. Im 17 friends are 20 and 21. Though before all of this I locked one in on gunbroker.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 8:22:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Anyone here deal with K5 Arms in Trophy Club, TX? (near Ft Worth)/quote

Whats your number, I am thinking its not going to happen. I am 17.
View Quote
lol, I am #50....

Like I said, I picked one up at the DACA show on set-up day, I didn't trust K5...but I'll let it ride for now, but they better refund the money when the time comes as quick as they charged it...
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:18:23 PM EDT
[#10]
yes sir they better!
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:29:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Are these expected to actually be worth anything more than the purchase price?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:34:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Are these expected to actually be worth anything more than the purchase price?
View Quote
They are already at twice the MSRP...Think what the USMC M45's are worth...finite supply, large demand...thats why I grabbed one as soon as I could.

Doubtful the US Gov will allow more to be surplused like these anytime soon...I think these were a bit of a fluke...
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:41:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Doubtful the US Gov will allow more to be surplused like these anytime soon...I think these were a bit of a fluke...
View Quote
The US government didn’t allow the sale because the pistols didn’t belong to the US government.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:44:28 PM EDT
[#14]
Neat stroke of luck, I’m one of the lucky few guys who’s serial number has bounced back to a unit so far (nothing yet on my other pistol...but I’m a patient guy).

I was able to find the battalion’s FB group and sent a message to them at lunch asking if they could provide any more history, and they responded this evening!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:45:35 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The US government didn’t allow the sale because the pistols didn’t belong to the US government.
View Quote
Sure they did...and the US Government returned them to be brought up to current standards, and Sig said we will just replace them, can we do what we want with these?

These were US Gov property...just like the USMC M45's...
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:53:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Neat stroke of luck, I’m one of the lucky few guys who’s serial number has bounced back to a unit so far (nothing yet on my other pistol...but I’m a patient guy).

I was able to find the battalion’s FB group and sent a message to them at lunch asking if they could provide any more history, and they responded this evening!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121479/C242BEED-1C4E-4FE0-A828-26F81B620ECC_jpe-1252543.JPG
View Quote
How did you get your sn number checked?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 9:56:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sure they did...and the US Government returned them to be brought up to current standards, and Sig said we will just replace them, can we do what we want with these?

These were US Gov property...just like the USMC M45's...
View Quote
At the time they were sold, they were not government property.  The government had no say in the sale.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:19:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

At the time they were sold, they were not government property.  The government had no say in the sale.
View Quote
Really? You think the government could not tell Sig they could not sell them? I am sure the government had to give their blessing one way or the other...

I am sure the gov could have demanded Sig destroy them, or sell them only to approved LE agencies, etc...I am actually really surprised they allowed Sig to do this...

In any case they were actual government property which is why they are in such demand...just like previous US Property M1 Garands and Carbines...there is a reason why the commercial copy carbines don't command the prices USGI carbines do...
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:24:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Neat stroke of luck, I'm one of the lucky few guys who's serial number has bounced back to a unit so far (nothing yet on my other pistol...but I'm a patient guy).

I was able to find the battalion's FB group and sent a message to them at lunch asking if they could provide any more history, and they responded this evening!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/121479/C242BEED-1C4E-4FE0-A828-26F81B620ECC_jpe-1252543.JPG
View Quote
Ok, that's way too damn cool
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Just acquired 2551 and 2532
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#21]
Mhode. Email just sent for a copy of the file.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:00:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Really? You think the government could not tell Sig they could not sell them? I am sure the government had to give their blessing one way or the other...

I am sure the gov could have demanded Sig destroy them, or sell them only to approved LE agencies, etc...I am actually really surprised they allowed Sig to do this...

In any case they were actual government property which is why they are in such demand...just like previous US Property M1 Garands and Carbines...there is a reason why the commercial copy carbines don't command the prices USGI carbines do...
View Quote
If there's a point you're trying to make, make it.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:12:36 PM EDT
[#23]
If anyone has the following serial #, I'd be interested in speaking to you:

Link Posted: 1/27/2020 11:54:47 PM EDT
[#24]
I ended up with 001088, and a guy in the FB group wants to trade me for one of his because he has one of the decom M45A1’s with ten same SN.  Do you guys think the lower SN’s like mine would be any more collectible over something in the 4000 range?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:10:01 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:11:21 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I ended up with 001088, and a guy in the FB group wants to trade me for one of his because he has one of the decom M45A1’s with ten same SN.  Do you guys think the lower SN’s like mine would be any more collectible over something in the 4000 range?
View Quote
@OilfieldTrash78
I definitely would not trade my 1k for a 4k.
He would have to trade me for a lower serial number in same or better condition than mine OR 2 for my 1.
The lower the serial the more money people spend look at the pivot tables they created showing how the price correlates to the lower the serial number is.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
@dnuggett1

You bought 4531 at Shoot Point Blank didn't you?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:18:03 AM EDT
[#28]
I’ve got the 4586 and 4940. Not that I was expecting them to be but both turned out to be very clean.

If any of the ARFCOM members have the below, I would like to speak to them for a trade.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:19:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I have

TF000423
TF003966
TF004988
TF005888

and would like a match or a trade.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:23:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
@dnuggett1

Your inbox is full
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:23:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
What unit we mat have some from the same unit?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:50:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

@dnuggett1

Your inbox is full
View Quote
Cleared, thanks.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 12:52:29 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

@dnuggett1

You bought 4531 at Shoot Point Blank didn't you?
View Quote
Yep. Spoken for long before you ordered it online actually. They goofed and sold you it. Hopefully they made you whole.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yep. Spoken for long before you ordered it online actually. They goofed and sold you it. Hopefully they made you whole.
View Quote
@dnuggett1

I want pictures of what could have been,  please?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 1:18:58 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

@dnuggett1

I want pictures of what could have been,  please?
View Quote
Why? There is minor wear, like many of the others. Nothing stands out.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 3:39:13 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
3015/3016 were a pair.

Another seller had 3014 listed.

Wife wasn't terribly impressed but she kinda understands.
View Quote
Damn! You are double lucky. Multiple M17s plus sequential numbers.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:17:01 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Mhode. Email just sent for a copy of the file.
View Quote
@vetman03 M17 card file sent
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:23:12 AM EDT
[#38]
I ended up with serials
All of them are in very good shape, definitely wear and use and they all have a rack number or sticker/tape. Still waiting to pick up 2046 the HQ marked one. I still haven’t traced where any served but I’m still looking.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:29:06 AM EDT
[#39]
@usasof M17 card file sent
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
PM sent
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 7:43:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Damn! You are double lucky. Multiple M17s plus sequential numbers.
View Quote
Most of my M17's were bought on gunbroker, so luck didn't come into play too much. Was a bit of an expensive hobby though
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:12:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
I don't think TF001088 is any more valuable to you than TF004088 would be but it is definitely more valuable to him.  If he wants it to match his M45A1 just decide what premium you want on top of his M17 trade.  If he had seen TF001088 on Gunbroker what would he have bid it up to?
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:24:35 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Don't think you guys disagree here. It's just nuanced. My understanding of current US Federal law is that it is not legal for the US military to directly surplus handguns to civilians. I think there is some exception for long guns generally and for Civilian Marksmanship Program M1 Carbines, 03A3s, Garands, .22 rifle trainers in particular. This is why it was such a big deal that Obama signed the law granting the DOD authorization to transfer 10,000 1911s to the CMP. (*I don't know the law well enough to know how USMC Barretts got out. I also know that retiring Generals can opt to purchase their Beretta M9s. My retired 2-star friend kicks himself for not doing this.)

It's true that the M45A1 and M17 surpluses are happening with the knowledge of the feds and that the surpluses are "Clean" because they are getting transferred back to the manufacturer of record. That mfg is then selling them. The Colt M45A1s popping out into civilian hands was a big deal because there have not been legal surpluses of US Mil handguns for decades if forever. From what I understand, Colt was allowed to sell these because:
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#44]
1) The procurement contract didn't contemplate what Colt could do with guns it took back as warranty/service items from the Gov't and 2) Colt was wrestling with insolvency. This sort of warranty exchange followed by civilian resale had never been done for Colt 1911a1s, Beretta M9s, HK MK whatevers, SIG P226s, Glock 19s, etc. etc. etc.  Happens all the time with police departments and even used to happen with the FBI (I have a 1076 from this). But not US military. Sig Sauer pulled the same stunt with the M17s that were either coming back for 1) buyer's remorse over the color of the curtains 2) buyer's remorse over the durability of the pretty tan controls 3) buyer's remorse over drop safety, depending on who you believe. Seems like we have heard all three and maybe more narratives about the reason for the returns. Time will tell.

As I wrote in an earlier post, either we are in a new era in which US mil suppliers are going to be allowed to recoup some money with these sorts of warranty returns followed by civilian resale -OR- the procurement people are going to get wise to this and close the loophole explicitly. I wouldn't be surprised if a Dem congress and President Warren or Sanders or even Trump would want to close this loophole with a law. Either way I think the M17 is a pretty cool, shootable piece of history. It'll always have value if this is a temporary loophole (then +++$$) or if they start selling more former military weapons (then ===$$). Just my $.09.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:39:12 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@OilfieldTrash78
He would have to trade me for a lower serial number in same or better condition than mine OR 2 for my 1.
The lower the serial the more money people spend look at the pivot tables they created showing how the price correlates to the lower the serial number is.
View Quote
Lol, this post is ridiculous.

No, 1XXX doesnt command an ounce of permium over a 4XXX....
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:48:07 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Correct. As discussed earlier, the current trend is 2-digit value > 3-digit value > 4-digit value. Once your sn is above 1000 they level out.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 10:48:19 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@OilfieldTrash78

Agree. Low SN premium on Gunbroker is just the market grasping to make sense of the guns right now. It'll settle down after some crack smoker leaves an ad up for a sub-1000 gun for a %50 premium and it doesn't sell for a year. There's nothing intrinsic about a low SN here.  I think higher value will end up with 1) pristine examples; and 2) beat up examples with armory markings and verified combat service.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:02:49 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:30:01 AM EDT
[#49]
Ok, so what is the best way to work out a trade if this guy isn’t local?  I have never done anything like that that wasn’t done through this forum.  He is willing to have it sent by his FFL, and give me some cash on top.  Just want to make sure I don’t get screwed.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 11:32:49 AM EDT
[#50]
better hurry

$699
https://www.sportsmans.com/shooting-gear-gun-supplies/handguns/sig-sauer-p320-military-surplus-9mm-luger-47in-coyote-brown-pistol-211-rounds-used/p/1621692
Page / 40
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top