Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2023 4:38:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: slack_out]
Just picked up noted gun from LGS on a special order I placed with them. They had 2 Rivals; Darkside and also a gray frame with gold parts Rival. REALLY liked the grey/gold rival,but wanted a threaded barrel and was more particular about the included sights. There was/is a threaded and fluted barrel available on the Canik website. But $200+ :(.

So I start looking online for Canik stuff with the staff, who seem well versed in the Canik world. I see the newest Mete SFX Pro with a chromed/shiny, threaded 5.74" barrel. Blacked out rear sights with a tritium front post. One 18 and one 20 round magazine included. FLAT face trigger like the Rival, but in polymer vs the Rival's aluminum. Slide cutouts like the Rival. A really nice, low profile Canik branded magazine well on the gun also (black aluminum). Which turns out to be a huge positive IMO.

It arrived in 3 days and I put 100 rounds through it when I picked it up. Plus a magazine full with a suppressor. Really impressed! The gun makes you want to shoot fast! Amazing trigger shape and action/break. Had a few stovepipes at first. I did not clean the gun prior to, which is very not-me for a new gun. I suppose the excitement and convenience of shooting at their range was too much to pass lol.

Already ordered a Canik aluminum Rival/Mete trigger (blue) and some aluminum mag base plates. And an aluminum palm swell.

So I found one website with in-stock mags, but it doesn't look well-traveled. Sparsely populated with a few items only.  Anyone have recent, good experience with buying 18 or 20 round mags?

eta Happy Fathers Day
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 5:34:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I just bought another canik.
Now I have 4 stock mags.

I did buy 2 promags and they haven't failed in any way.
Link Posted: 6/18/2023 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Gregcottellc is a very reputable company as is RTGparts,who is a site sponsor.
Congratulations on the new Canik!
Link Posted: 6/19/2023 12:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
mikebaker1129
View Quote

Thanks! Got some mags inbound.
Top Top