Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/24/2024 5:50:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: home_alone1]
I got a MKIV , my wife bought me a TBA sicario . I’ve replaced the trigger with a Volquartsen and have a MKII safety detent on the way. Are there any more parts I should replace ?

So far , all volquartsen internals , grips are  hogue , sights are volquartsen night sights , upper was modified by TBA into a sicario. I have a little play left and right on the front hinge , I might replace it with one of the volquartsen ones but will try their bedding gel block before doing so.

Had to make the pic black and white as it said file size too large to post otherwise.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 8:31:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Do the MkIV'S have the same annoyingvmag safety? I used the tandemkross delete bushing in my MKIII
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Take it to the range
Does it run? If so leave it alone.
If it doesn’t give ruger a chance to make it right before screwing it to death
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 9:12:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By captain127:
Take it to the range
Does it run? If so leave it alone.
If it doesn’t give ruger a chance to make it right before screwing it to death
View Quote

Before I sent it off for the integral I made sure it ran perfectly , I just wanted to replace the trigger and all plastic parts.
Link Posted: 6/24/2024 9:56:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By home_alone1:
..off for the integral...
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/24/2024 11:13:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: home_alone1] [#5]
Originally Posted By tapered-pin:

View Quote
@tapered-pin
Yes , integral ,as in integral suppressor. Not for the poors
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:23:44 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By Sitzkrieg:
Do the MkIV'S have the same annoyingvmag safety? I used the tandemkross delete bushing in my MKIII
View Quote

The Volquartsen trigger I put in gets rid of of the mag safety.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 12:29:22 AM EDT
[#7]
integral you say? Pics??
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:04:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Get the Volquartsen bolt upgrade kit.  That or just say screw it and buy a complete upgraded bolt from their ebay store for $45 or DLC coated for $99.  (the upgrade pack is $45 normally, so I just get the upgraded bolts from their ebay store.)
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 3:22:27 AM EDT
[#9]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

With the trigger upgrade you should be good to go.
You can go crazy and make it like a Hammeri, Pardini, or Smith & Wesson Model 41 Olympic target pistol with upgrades if you want, and it would be pretty close. But if that was what you were after you probably would have bought one of those to begin with.  You likely have a fine pistol with a great trigger upgrade, nothing else needed.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:12:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Optic plate and rds?
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

This is the only part I replaced in my MKIII.  Everything else works fine.  I even like the stock trigger.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:51:46 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
Optic plate and rds?
View Quote

No , I sprung for the VQ night sights option so it will still fit in a London Bridge Amphibian holster.
Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:56:18 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By TheOldRepublic:
integral you say? Pics??
View Quote

I just have the lower half right now. I was told 4-6 weeks 4 weeks ago so it should be coming back to my dealer soon. Just wanted to swap out any annoying plastic parts out and upgrade the lower.

Has anyone replaced their frame lug with a Volquartsen ? I’m hesitant to due to the fact that my gun locks up super tight. I can’t tell if the factory part is steel plastic or aluminum.

https://volquartsen.com/departments/mk_iv_parts/inventory_configurations/7066

Link Posted: 6/25/2024 11:07:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SoundStorm] [#14]
VQ trigger is a great start. In addition to the VQ trigger I'm running their guide-rod with the reduced power recoil spring. TandemKross extractor and firing pin. It's been my primary steel challenge gun. Zero issues.
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 3:00:55 PM EDT
[#15]
VQ trigger kit, VQ extractor and VQ firing pin

That’s all you want/need
Link Posted: 6/27/2024 5:20:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By BabaYaga22:
VQ trigger kit, VQ extractor and VQ firing pin

That’s all you want/need
View Quote

Got ‘em , also grabbed some +1 followers from Tandemkross , a grippy hogue grip for my gorilla hands and VQ magazine buttons.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 12:28:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By Lungbuster:
Optic plate and rds?
View Quote

This was the first thing I did after getting my MK IV  22\45 a month go. Got me a Lobos Industry plate and a Holosun 407K. Holy smokes the gun is accurate! It’s almost no challenge shooting at 25 yrds. This is even with the gritty, heavy, and long reset factory trigger. The only other upgrade is a set of G10 grips to replace the factory cheap feeling plastics slick grips. My gun did have quit a few stove pipes on the first 400 rods. This morning I just put another 400 rds thru it and holy cow, not 1 single jam. And this included cheap federal bulk stuff. I had contemplated about replacing the factory trigger, but after today I am going to pass on it. This Ruger is my new favorite gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top