Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/1/2024 10:35:48 PM EDT
@Buffman_LT1

Pilgrim - and has the same failure to penetrate to 12" even in clear gel as the Liberty 50 grn:

Did It Save Face or Fall Flat On It?...Pilgrim Ammunition 9mm +P Torch Self-Defense AMMO Test!
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 9:52:35 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm almost positive Pilgrim gets those bullets from Liberty. They're 10 minutes from each other in Florida..
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 2:49:32 PM EDT
[#2]
If they would just use a 50 grn solid I bet we'd get 16" of penetration or more, w/ a pretty violent upset.  Why they want to use pre-fragmented bullets that won't go 12" in clear gel I don't know.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 9:37:35 AM EDT
[#3]
I would agree. They've picked the light and fast route, and I feel it has some merit in this case (not like some that are 1500-1600 fps) but those penetration depths are a major downfall.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top