Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/12/2024 9:50:56 AM EDT
Just dropped today in this string of mostly "who exactly asked for this?" releases.

This one is a little more on target, though my first thought was, "oh cool, I could put a micro comp on the end. But then why not just buy the new carry comp with the PC upgrades too?"

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/mp9-shield-plus-with-threaded-barrel

Link Posted: 7/12/2024 11:23:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By TacNac:
Just dropped today in this string of mostly "who exactly asked for this?" releases.

This one is a little more on target, though my first thought was, "oh cool, I could put a micro comp on the end. But then why not just buy the new carry comp with the PC upgrades too?"

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/mp9-shield-plus-with-threaded-barrel

blob:https://www.ar15.com/d73729cb-3e15-4b8d-866f-e42fa881b59c
View Quote

Yeah…this one really doesn’t make much sense. I don’t see this as a desirable gun in the slightest to suppress, and why would you buy this to run a comp over buying the new ported model…
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 8:06:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: StealthyBlagga] [#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:

Yeah…this one really doesn’t make much sense. I don’t see this as a desirable gun in the slightest to suppress, and why would you buy this to run a comp over buying the new ported model…
View Quote

Because a real muzzle compensator will work WAY better than the ported barrel of the Carry Comp models
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 10:13:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#3]
Originally Posted By StealthyBlagga:

Because a real muzzle compensator will work WAY better than the ported barrel of the Carry Comp models
View Quote

What comps are available for the Shield that will so incredibly outperform the ported barrel?
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 11:12:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

Suppressed subcompacts are neat.
Link Posted: 7/13/2024 11:28:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Deny_Everything:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/411707/20230726_130601_jpg-3265212.JPG

View Quote

But are they?
Suppressed pistols in general are impractical. Suppressing sub compacts seems even less attractive.
To each their own I guess.
Link Posted: 7/15/2024 7:34:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheMercenary] [#6]
Originally Posted By Deny_Everything: Suppressed subcompacts are neat.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Deny_Everything: Suppressed subcompacts are neat.

Agree 100%

I have been eyeballing a SilencerCo threaded barrel for my Shield plus for weeks now...  I have a Obsidian 9 in NFA jail and really like the idea of using it on my favorite EDC.

But are they?
Suppressed pistols in general are impractical. Suppressing sub compacts seems even less attractive.

Practical, no... But neither is my 12" 870 SBS, or my collection of revolvers for that matter.

Not everything has to be high speed.  Some things are just for the fun factor.

With that said, I would have rather just had a factory threaded barrel option as an accessory direct from S&W.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 1:05:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Alien] [#7]

But are they?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/411707/20230726_130601_jpg-3265212.JPG

But are they?
I don't see why people like to insinuate suppressed pistols are impractical or even useless/dumb. There's obviously a massive market for them what with so many manufacturers offering factory threaded barrel and the massive selection of pistol suppressors out there. Shooting suppressed in general is just more enjoyable, and I enjoy shooting both my M&P 9mm and my Shield Plus suppressed. You can argue that it's a novelty, but tons of people keep a suppressed pistol on their night stand, including many renown shooters. This would have been nice because I had to buy a Faxon barrel for my Shield Plus because there wasn't a factory option at the time. My Griffin Armament fullsize barrel for my M&P metal came with their mini comp and I'm considering putting it on my Shield Plus with the threaded barrel for when I carry. I'm going to try and do some comparative shooting with it next time I'm out shooting.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 1:30:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Hmm I wonder if the barrel is short enough to keep 124gr subsonic? Could be an interesting suppressor host if so
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 1:09:19 PM EDT
[#9]
I put a threaded Faxon barrel & Faxon comp on mine long ago
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 9:48:40 PM EDT
[#10]

View Quote

Agree!

Link Posted: 7/31/2024 9:51:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: dmk0210] [#11]
Originally Posted By Alien:
I don't see why people like to insinuate suppressed pistols are impractical or even useless/dumb. There's obviously a massive market for them what with so many manufacturers offering factory threaded barrel and the massive selection of pistol suppressors out there. Shooting suppressed in general is just more enjoyable, and I enjoy shooting both my M&P 9mm and my Shield Plus suppressed. You can argue that it's a novelty, but tons of people keep a suppressed pistol on their night stand, including many renown shooters.
View Quote

I agree. I have literally dozens of cans in 22LR, 9mm, 5.56, and 30 cal.

I shoot my suppressed 22LR and 9mm pistols the most, by a large margin.

I also keep suppressed handguns loaded and ready on the night stand, along with a suppressed SBR loaded and ready in the gun safe
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:20:27 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By dmk0210:

Agree!

https://i.imgur.com/o5Rcp6y.jpeg
View Quote
Neat color
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top