Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 5/3/2024 6:51:22 PM EDT
I got the pistol from Primary Arms since they had a sale going.

I am thinking of going with the Trijicon RMR #2.

Questions:

1) Do I need BOTH a HK VP9 Trijicon RMR Optics Ready Mounting Plate #2 AND a Trijicon RMR Mount Sealing Plate?  Will it be waterproof without the plate?  Is there a reason not to use the plate since it is so inexpensive?

2) The price seems to vary quite a bit for the Trijicon RMR #2.  Midway USA has it for $391 and Primary Arms has it for $599.  Why is that?

3) Which MOA are people going with and why?  It looks like there is 1.0, 3.25 and 6.5 MOA.

Any other information or comments is appreciated.

@akethan
@intheburbs
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 7:22:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 9:11:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The Trijicon mount sealing plate is a very thin plastic plate used because the dumbasses put the battery on the bottom. The H&K plate is threaded and used to mount the optic of choice .
Trijicon has a new model out that is occasionally available but it places the battery where it can be changed without removing the optic. The Aimpoint ACRO is also a new tier 1 optic choice and more readily available. The Holosun EPS Carry is also a god choice. Before you select know that a closed emitter system has glass front and back which is better because pocket lint etc can not block the emitter causing the dot to fail.
I have an EPS Carry and like it. My VP9 has a SCS Holosun that does not require a plate but has no battery the jury is still out on that system but no failure so far. I would feel very confident recommending the ACRO or the new Trijicon RCR or the EPS Carry

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026328120?pid=296764
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 6:46:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: C-4] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Urimaginaryfrnd:
The Trijicon mount sealing plate is a very thin plastic plate used because the dumbasses put the battery on the bottom. The H&K plate is threaded and used to mount the optic of choice .
Trijicon has a new model out that is occasionally available but it places the battery where it can be changed without removing the optic. The Aimpoint ACRO is also a new tier 1 optic choice and more readily available. The Holosun EPS Carry is also a god choice. Before you select know that a closed emitter system has glass front and back which is better because pocket lint etc can not block the emitter causing the dot to fail.
I have an EPS Carry and like it. My VP9 has a SCS Holosun that does not require a plate but has no battery the jury is still out on that system but no failure so far. I would feel very confident recommending the ACRO or the new Trijicon RCR or the EPS Carry

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/1026328120?pid=296764
View Quote

Thanks, guys!  The above is a lot to digest.  I will take a look at those others.

ETA:  @Urimaginaryfrnd

The Aimpoint ACRO P2 looks very interesting.  I have Aimpoint red dots for AR-15’s.  

Any downside to the ACRO P2?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 9:04:53 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Sticklebackbob] [#4]
Originally Posted By C-4:

Thanks, guys!  The above is a lot to digest.  I will take a look at those others.

The Aimpoint ACRO P2 looks very interesting.  I have Aimpoint red dots for AR-15’s.  

View Quote

I can’t think of any downsides to the acro besides it being somewhat bulky. I’ve got one on my vp9 Tac, and a rmr on my Vp9sk. I prefer the acro, as it has clear glass and a smaller dot. The rmr type 2 has blue tinted glass.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 1:17:18 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By Sticklebackbob:

I can’t think of any downsides to the acro besides it being somewhat bulky. I’ve got one on my vp9 Tac, and a rmr on my Vp9sk. I prefer the acro, as it has clear glass and a smaller dot. The rmr type 2 has blue tinted glass.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/486835/FCD189EE-92A9-4F82-BF85-DB4E6EA7CEF8_jpe-3205085.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/486835/FCD189EE-92A9-4F82-BF85-DB4E6EA7CEF8_jpe-3205085.JPG

Thank you!
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 8:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

@Sticklebackbob

Do you have a holster you are using for the Acro?
Link Posted: 5/6/2024 9:44:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Actually, no. I’ve been looking off and on, though.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:39:03 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a duty-style holster with protective hood for a VP9 with an Acro from KT Mech that I’m very happy with.
Link Posted: 7/1/2024 12:47:12 PM EDT
[#9]
OP - can you post the sku’s for the two you mention?

A $200 delta seems a bit much if they are the same model/spec.
Link Posted: 7/3/2024 11:14:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: C-4] [#10]
Originally Posted By chaas67:
OP - can you post the sku’s for the two you mention?

A $200 delta seems a bit much if they are the same model/spec.
View Quote

@chaas67

The SKU of the one I bought is RM06-C-700672.

Of course, now I can’t find the ? $350 one that had a non-adjustable red dot.

Link Posted: 7/24/2024 11:42:18 PM EDT
[#11]
I had the RMR with just the adaptor plate and it was fine. Had it own for years. But I just swapped it out maybe 6 months ago for the holosun that doesn’t meet the plate - forget the model - and I love it. Wish it was red instead of green, but works great and fits the vp9 like a glove — hands down the best looking option
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top