Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/3/2024 4:53:35 PM EDT

I got the pistol from Primary Arms since they had a sale going.

I am thinking of going with the Trijicon RMR #2.

Questions:

1) Do I need BOTH a HK VP9 Trijicon RMR Optics Ready Mounting Plate #2 AND a Trijicon RMR Mount Sealing Plate?  Will it be waterproof without the plate?  Is there a reason not to use the plate since it is so inexpensive?

2) The price seems to vary quite a bit for the Trijicon RMR #2.  Midway USA has it for $391 and Primary Arms has it for $599.  Why is that?

3) Which MOA are people going with and why?  It looks like there is 1.0, 3.25 and 6.5 MOA.

Any other information or comments is appreciated.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:36:52 PM EDT
[#1]
1) if the orange seal on the bottom of the rmr overhangs the slide any you will need the sealing plate , i always use one regardless

2) the rmr for $391 is auto adjust only , no manual adjustment of the brightness

3) 1 moa is good for a carbine or pcc where you will probably be shooting at further distances , 1 moa dot gives a finer aiming point

3.5 moa is good for a handgun , gives you a pretty easy to pick up size dot and still small enough for finer aiming at further distances

6.5 moa dot is good for self defense , easy to pick up the larger dot quickly but not good for finer aiming at distance

Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Buy an RMR 06 or 07 so you can manually adjust the brightness if you want. Auto adjust only sucks. RM06 is 3.25 MOA and RM07 is 6.5 MOA.
Link Posted: 5/3/2024 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
1) if the orange seal on the bottom of the rmr overhangs the slide any you will need the sealing plate , i always use one regardless

2) the rmr for $391 is auto adjust only , no manual adjustment of the brightness

3) 1 moa is good for a carbine or pcc where you will probably be shooting at further distances , 1 moa dot gives a finer aiming point

3.5 moa is good for a handgun , gives you a pretty easy to pick up size dot and still small enough for finer aiming at further distances

6.5 moa dot is good for self defense , easy to pick up the larger dot quickly but not good for finer aiming at distance

View Quote

@1iviper

OK, I will use a sealing plate.

I definitely want the manual adjust.  

It sounds like 3.25 is a good all around choice.  

Have you ever used it with night vision?
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 12:14:11 AM EDT
[#4]
yes i've used rmr's on pistols and piggybacked on carbine's under nods , they work good

although the two pistols that i primarily use with night vision have aimpoints on them , acro p2 and t2.  just a personal preference as the dots look sharper to me on the aimpoints

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 8:29:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: C-4] [#5]
Originally Posted By 1iviper:
yes i've used rmr's on pistols and piggybacked on carbine's under nods , they work good

although the two pistols that i primarily use with night vision have aimpoints on them , acro p2 and t2.  just a personal preference as the dots look sharper to me on the aimpoints
View Quote

@1iviper

Now I’m looking at the Aimpoint Acro P2.  Any negatives?  I would mostly use it during daylight.  It looks like a great sight and Europtics has a good price.
Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:21:57 PM EDT
[#6]
i can't really think of any negatives about the acro p2 except for looking like a small brick on top of the gun

it's become my favorite mini red dot for a handgun.  for my eyes , i have astigmatism's in both eyes , the dot is the cleanest of all the mini red dots i've used.  during the day or under nods it's sharp and defined and easy to pick up.  battery life is awesome so no need for shake awake or any of that crap in the electronics to go bad.  i like it's cross bar mounting vs a couple of little post's and a couple of tiny screws , it seems more robust and able to take recoil better.  to me i guess it's just typical aimpoint , set it and forget it.  

i probably would give the rmr the edge in durability though , with it's build design it's the acog of mini red dots.  the new rmr hd looks interesting and once they become more widely available i do want to give one of those a test run.

euro optic and sport optics are both good places to keep an eye on for their 10 to 12 percent off sales which they seem to run alot

i've also seen some really good deals on new acro p2's in the EE lately

Link Posted: 5/4/2024 3:40:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Advance] [#7]
Originally Posted By C-4:

@1iviper

View Quote

I'd go 6.5 MOA. Since I got into race type guns, I've learned a lot seeing what they run and after having only owned 3.25 MOA RMRs and switching to 6-10 MOA, I am definitely faster and more accurate inside of 25 yards with the bigger dot. The larger dot is perceived to skip around a lot less and if you are target focused, it is much easier to get split times down.

Also, if not a duty gun, consider the SRO or HS507comp. Those big windows aid in keeping the dot in view 95% of the time.
Link Posted: 5/5/2024 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Advance:

I'd go 6.5 MOA. Since I got into race type guns, I've learned a lot seeing what they run and after having only owned 3.25 MOA RMRs and switching to 6-10 MOA, I am definitely faster and more accurate inside of 25 yards with the bigger dot. The larger dot is perceived to skip around a lot less and if you are target focused, it is much easier to get split times down.

Also, if not a duty gun, consider the SRO or HS507comp. Those big windows aid in keeping the dot in view 95% of the time.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Advance:
Originally Posted By C-4:

@1iviper

Thank you.  I will check those others out.
Top Top