User Panel

New Bodyguard 2.0 (Page 1 of 4)
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/16/2024 11:49:12 AM EDT
NEW: Smith & Wesson® Bodyguard® 2.0
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 12:37:44 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePontificator] [#1]
Predict these will FLY off the shelves as fast as S&W can make them.

I like how the slide serrations are not just limited to the sides of the slide. Aggressive and impressive.

What's the MSRP? ETA: $449
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 12:43:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqR1zgwchCQ
View Quote

A thinner version of the Ruger LCP Max without the terrible build quality of Rugers polymer line of pistols? This thing can't lose. It's only competition is the LCP line and maybe Kel-tec all of which have very poor build quality.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:
Predict these will FLY off the shelves as fast as S&W can make them.

I like how the slide serrations are not just limited to the sides of the slide. Aggressive and impressive.

What's the MSRP?
View Quote

$450 is what I saw in another review
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 1:36:19 PM EDT
[Last Edit: esdunbar] [#4]
No way to mount a dot?

I had my G42 milled a while ago and it’s great.

Crazy they don’t have an option for that in 2024.  If they make one with a shield footprint, I’d buy one.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 1:43:29 PM EDT
[#5]
New Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 2.0 Gun Review
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 1:44:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By esdunbar:
No way to mount a dot?

I had my G42 milled a while ago and it’s great.
View Quote

Who did the milling?

@esdunbar
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 2:41:33 PM EDT
[#7]
This really is an upgrade to the original Bodyguard 380.
It's 20% lighter, yet holds four more rounds.
The only question in my mind is the trigger.  Old one was hammer fired, this one is striker.
I got to like the hammer, it gives second strike capability, and like a revolver has a heavy pull so it's very safe for pocket carry.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 4:22:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#8]
What I posted in another thread:
-
The good to me:

- Capacity: 12+1 and 10+1
- New flat face trigger design with ~4 lbs pull
- Low bore axis with decent night sights
- Aesthetically looks good and in line with S&W lineup

The bad:
- No optics ready model and likely to thin to have one
- Same tiny external manual safety of the Shield line up
- MSRP: $450 / Street price: ~$400

I'm interested nonetheless but would need to shoot one first.

I'd like to see a Shield Plus sized model that could potentially hold 14-5 rds, optics ready with a large external safety. It would be king of recoil!
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 4:29:31 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

Who did the milling?

@esdunbar
View Quote

@ThePontificator JagerWerks did it.  They've done 3 slides for me and I've been happy with all three, but the latest stuff I see online makes me weary of them.  Maybe it's all overblown online hate?  Not sure, but that's who did it for me.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By VersaceDesertEagle:

A thinner version of the Ruger LCP Max without the terrible build quality of Rugers polymer line of pistols? This thing can't lose. It's only competition is the LCP line and maybe Kel-tec all of which have very poor build quality.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqR1zgwchCQ

Kinda regret buying a lcp max a couple months ago now .

I knew the bg 2.0 was teased but after not hearing anything about it u went ahead and picked up a max for 265.

The new body guard looks to be a more shootable gun
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 7:00:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: thebert] [#11]
Who wants to be first? KYGUNCO show them in stock for $399.00
edit. Pre-order
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Crap. Should have looked a little longer. $399.00 is the going rate and I am also finding them in stock at quite a few places.
Link Posted: 7/16/2024 10:47:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#13]
Kudos to Handgunhero.com for getting a model up so fast.

My last "pocket gun" was a Sig P238 and the Bodyguard is even slightly smaller in some respects to it!

Bodyguard 2.0 vs Sig P238

The P238's highest mag capacity was 7 rds (extended and 6 rd flush fit mag) and S&W engineers managed to cram 3 more rounds into a flush fit mag.

Would like to see a Bodyguard 2.0 XL version that's wide enough to hold an optic, big useable external safety, and a flush fit 12 rd mag with 14-15 rd extended mag.

Link Posted: 7/16/2024 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By thebert:
Who wants to be first? KYGUNCO show them in stock for $399.00
edit. Pre-order
View Quote

$399 on Brownells site.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 7:52:43 AM EDT
[#15]
I got Buds to price match to $388 in my cart, but at checkout it kept showing $399.99.

Going back to cart still showed $388. Removed from cart, price matched again to $388, but still jumped back up to $399.99 at actual checkout.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:26:30 AM EDT
[#16]
When I get one of these it will live in a pocket, so I don’t plan to use an optic, so for me the lack of an optics ready configuration is a non-issue.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:38:23 AM EDT
[#17]
Originally Posted By AeroEngineer:
When I get one of these it will live in a pocket, so I don’t plan to use an optic, so for me the lack of an optics ready configuration is a non-issue.
View Quote

X2 on this.

Everything doesn't have to be optics ready.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#18]
Once sales slump, they'll offer an optics ready version. That's if one will fit on it. Having said that, these are for people wanting something as small as possible for pocket carry. I don't see optics ready as a huge sales hindering. These are for deep concealment and ease of carry. Although a tiny red dot may actually make it accurate past 10 yards. I pocket carry my Keltec P3AT in pajama bottoms.

I could see Holosun teaming up with S&W and making a smaller red dot profile to fit. Other companies would follow if sales were good. I'm surprised that Sig hasn't offered one on there P365 slide. I believe only the P365X (medium length slide) has an optics option. Sig is the king of options.

I wonder about the how easy the thumb safety is to use. Pocket carry in gym shorts in a softer holster (worn DeSantis Nemesis) and a 4# trigger may not be the best combo. A kydex pocket or firm leather holster may be the way to go. I have an old horse hide Galco pocket holster that is 10 years old that is still going strong. I have even sold the spare holster that I bought for backup.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:28:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: cruze5] [#19]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 6:30:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CFII] [#20]
Oh a whim I picked one up from Buds. I put 150rds through it. Shoots great. Its so tiny, yet you can get a really, really good grip on it. Here it is compared to my G42. You have to feel them to realize how much thinner, shorter, and lighter it is. Too narrow for a light or optic.

Link Posted: 7/17/2024 6:45:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 7:06:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By CFII:
Oh a whim I picked one up from Buds. I put 150rds through it. Shoots great. Its so tiny, yet you can get a really, really good grip on it. Here it is compared to my G42. You have to feel them to realize how much thinner, shorter, and lighter it is. Too narrow for a light or optic.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27821/IMG_1523-3269642.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27821/IMG_1502-3269643.jpg
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27821/IMG_1507-3269654.jpg
View Quote

Nice! How's felt recoil compare?
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#23]
I have a 1.0. I put 6 rounds down it, cleaned it and put in the safe a few years back. Hated the trigger, but need a pocket pistol. Will dry firing it help? Put more rounds down it? I forgot about it until I read this thread. Only have some ball ammo for it. What is a good SD round for .380. I always use HST in .45ACP / 9mm.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 7:19:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Felt recoil is very soft. The grip gives you good leverage and since it’s not blowback, it’s smooth and fast.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 7:20:10 PM EDT
[#25]

View Quote

Damn! That's small.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Great sights. Bright orange front. Generous rear. This is not a target pistol. Lol.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 7:31:55 PM EDT
[#27]

View Quote

Nothing wrong with my Max. Sorry you got a bad one
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 7:33:24 PM EDT
[#28]
-
The good to me:

The bad:

I'd like to see a Shield Plus sized model that could potentially hold 14-5 rds, optics ready with a large external safety. It would be king of recoil!
View Quote

I'd buy the no safety one so won't comment there, but who needs an optic on a pistol you'll only use within 5 yards?!
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 8:21:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Felt recoil is very soft. The grip gives you good leverage and since it's not blowback, it's smooth and fast.
View Quote
How is it relative to your G42?
I've got bad arthritis in my thumbs and trigger finger, the 42 is about as much as I can train with. My LCP2 is right out.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 9:59:07 PM EDT
[#30]

View Quote

Good deal. Thanks on the pics. I’ll be picking one up for sure
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 10:02:50 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By feudist:
How is it relative to your G42?
I've got bad arthritis in my thumbs and trigger finger, the 42 is about as much as I can train with. My LCP2 is right out.
View Quote

I find it to be easier to control than the 42. The grip is longer and I can get all of my fingers on the grip, especially with the slightly longer 12rd magazine.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:56:47 PM EDT
[#32]
Felt recoil is very soft. The grip gives you good leverage and since it's not blowback, it's smooth and fast.
View Quote

Thanks for all the feedback and pics!

I think I'm going to hold off on purchasing one for now since I just bought a Shield Plus 2.0 and already have a P365-380. But looking forward to see what future iterations will be.
Link Posted: 7/17/2024 11:59:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By RangeToy:

I'd buy the no safety one so won't comment there, but who needs an optic on a pistol you'll only use within 5 yards?!
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By RangeToy:
-
The good to me:

The bad:

If you're simply target shooting at 5 yards I guess it's not an issue. In a CCW situation there's no guarantee how far your target will be.

Also with the trigger in some videos pulling at ~4lbs, I'd want an external safety.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 8:48:49 AM EDT
[#34]
Honestly, I am glad its not cut for an optic. Even in today's world some pistols just shouldn't be cut for one, or at least have a SKU that isn't along with an optics ready model.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:14:55 AM EDT
[#35]
Originally Posted By KissMethod17:
Honestly, I am glad its not cut for an optic. Even in today's world some pistols just shouldn't be cut for one, or at least have a SKU that isn't along with an optics ready model.
View Quote

Its too thin for any optic that I know of. And I agree. Its a tiny pocket gun.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:22:30 AM EDT
[#36]
I wanted to get an LCP max for my wife, but this looks like a way better option.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#37]
Kudos to Handgunhero.com for getting a model up so fast. My last "pocket gun" was a Sig P238 and the Bodyguard is even slightly smaller in some respects to it!
The P238's highest mag capacity was 7 rds (extended and 6 rd flush fit mag) and S&W engineers managed to cram 3 more rounds into a flush fit mag. Would like to see a Bodyguard 2.0 XL version that's wide enough to hold an optic, big useable external safety, and a flush fit 12 rd mag with 14-15 rd extended mag.
View Quote

Go back and look again.  The images have been adjusted and it looks like the Bodyguard is not actually smaller, same listed length.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:37:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#38]

View Quote

That looks awesome.   I’ll be getting one for sure, once the hype dies down and they go on sale for threefiddy.  
The optic thing is overplayed anyway, especially with regards to a pocket pistol.

I bet you sold 10,000 with those pics.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Originally Posted By CharlesRyan:
I wanted to get an LCP max for my wife, but this looks like a way better option.
View Quote

???

The LCP max is an excellent gun. How is this "way" better? It's different, and the differences may work better for you but that doesn't in any way make it a better gun. From my shooting with the max, no tiny pocket gun will be "way" better, there just isn't that much room for improvement.  Ruger did an outstanding job with the max.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 10:08:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: bluealtered] [#40]
Like others I don't need or want optics for this gun. The first downside for me is that I already have the LCP II and the max, I quit liking rugers years ago but that was the best option at that time. I would like to see it next to the keltec P32 which is my carry most of the time for this time of year. Since it's 95-100 during the summer here and very much t-shirt time.

I haven't looked yet to see if handgunhero has done a post on these two yet. (Ok, just took a look on handgunhero.com and you can see the difference, not as much as I thought it would be and yes I would try one when the price comes down somewhere.)
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:23:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Originally Posted By bluealtered:
Like others I don't need or want optics for this gun. The first downside for me is that I already have the LCP II and the max, I quit liking rugers years ago but that was the best option at that time. I would like to see it next to the keltec P32 which is my carry most of the time for this time of year. Since it's 95-100 during the summer here and very much t-shirt time.

I haven't looked yet to see if handgunhero has done a post on these two yet. (Ok, just took a look on handgunhero.com and you can see the difference, not as much as I thought it would be and yes I would try one when the price comes down somewhere.)
View Quote

From the reviews I’ve seen, its a if you have a ruger max, just keep it. If you were thinking of getting max, its worth a look or if you need more corrosion resistance.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 11:42:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Felt recoil is very soft. The grip gives you good leverage and since it’s not blowback, it’s smooth and fast.
View Quote

Locked breech is a huge boon for tiny (any) handguns.
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 1:04:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Rbass:

???

The LCP max is an excellent gun. How is this "way" better? It's different, and the differences may work better for you but that doesn't in any way make it a better gun. From my shooting with the max, no tiny pocket gun will be "way" better, there just isn't that much room for improvement.  Ruger did an outstanding job with the max.
View Quote

Love my Max, but I will be buying a Bodtguard 2.0 & then I'll decide which to keep. Maybe I'll get lucky & local range will have the 2.0 for rent
Link Posted: 7/18/2024 5:45:22 PM EDT
[#44]
SMGA $399 for the NTS model.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 1:50:07 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#45]
Originally Posted By brazos609:

Go back and look again.  The images have been adjusted and it looks like the Bodyguard is not actually smaller, same listed length.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By brazos609:
Kudos to Handgunhero.com for getting a model up so fast. My last "pocket gun" was a Sig P238 and the Bodyguard is even slightly smaller in some respects to it!
The P238's highest mag capacity was 7 rds (extended and 6 rd flush fit mag) and S&W engineers managed to cram 3 more rounds into a flush fit mag. Would like to see a Bodyguard 2.0 XL version that's wide enough to hold an optic, big useable external safety, and a flush fit 12 rd mag with 14-15 rd extended mag.

Thanks! I'll need to correct the posts. And you're right, here's the actual:

Bodyguard 2.0 vs P238

Bodyguard 2.0 vs P365-380

Link Posted: 7/19/2024 2:41:33 AM EDT
[#46]
I think a heavier trigger would be better for this use case.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 5:27:05 AM EDT
[#47]
PSA has the NTS model in stock.

$399
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:16:40 AM EDT
[#48]
I don't need another gun.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 11:53:51 AM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By Jack_Rackham:
I don't need another gun.
View Quote

I say the same thing. Purchase after purchase.
Link Posted: 7/19/2024 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#50]
New S&W Bodyguard 2.0 vs Ruger LCP Max Gun Comparison
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
New Bodyguard 2.0 (Page 1 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top