Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

New Bodyguard 2.0 (Page 3 of 4)
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/27/2024 1:45:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Yesterday, I bought the Bodyguard 2.0. I cleaned and lubed it, and then fired 250 rounds with zero malfunctions.

Today, I sold my LCP II and LCP Max.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 9:47:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RUT] [#2]
>>Today, I sold my LCP II<<

And I'll be doing the same. But then again, they're not worth much on the used market, so maybe I'll just hang on to it.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 11:12:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Going to stop by a couple of shops and see if I can find one today. Would replace my LCP II as well
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 1:59:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#4]
Range report:

240 rounds this morning.  One stovepipe around round 90, aluminum Blazer.  Didn't clean or strip it, just load and go.

100 rounds aluminum Blazer
50 rounds Fiochi
20 rounds Fed HST
25 Rounds Hornady "American Gunner"
15 rounds PPU
Various "leftover" rounds from emptying my mags, mostly HST and XTP but not sure the round counts.

Overall shot good groups. I was about 5 yards away and about 4 inches left.  I know I pull a little left, but that's a bunch even for me at 5 yards.  I'll try a few different times (different hand grips) but I suspect I'll end up tweaking the sights - which I don't usually do.  Hornady was a tighter group than HST, which was a bit snappier and more kick.  

Pistol is roughened sort of like the 2.0 line, but not as aggressive.  Honestly I wish it was a little more aggressive on the front and back of the grips - I might end up adding some tape and trying that out.

Mags are a PITA for the last round.  The 10 round I was able to squeeze in after leaving them sit for a few nights.  The 12 rounder has been sitting with 12 in it, and at the range I couldn't get more than 11 unless I put the bullet on the table and pushed the mag onto it.  Currently it's sitting in a pocket holster with 12+1 though, so we'll see how that goes.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 3:05:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NotIssued:
Range report:

240 rounds this morning.  One stovepipe around round 90, aluminum Blazer.  Didn't clean or strip it, just load and go.

100 rounds aluminum Blazer
50 rounds Fiochi
20 rounds Fed HST
25 Rounds Hornady "American Gunner"
15 rounds PPU
Various "leftover" rounds from emptying my mags, mostly HST and XTP but not sure the round counts.

Overall shot good groups. I was about 5 yards away and about 4 inches left.  I know I pull a little left, but that's a bunch even for me at 5 yards.  I'll try a few different times (different hand grips) but I suspect I'll end up tweaking the sights - which I don't usually do.  Hornady was a tighter group than HST, which was a bit snappier and more kick.  

Pistol is roughened sort of like the 2.0 line, but not as aggressive.  Honestly I wish it was a little more aggressive on the front and back of the grips - I might end up adding some tape and trying that out.

Mags are a PITA for the last round.  The 10 round I was able to squeeze in after leaving them sit for a few nights.  The 12 rounder has been sitting with 12 in it, and at the range I couldn't get more than 11 unless I put the bullet on the table and pushed the mag onto it.  Currently it's sitting in a pocket holster with 12+1 though, so we'll see how that goes.
View Quote

Good info, thanks.  Mine should be here Tuesday; I have 2 thousand Sgt. Major steel case and I'll use some to get it broke in, though it doesn't sound like it's needed.
Link Posted: 7/28/2024 5:01:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: davidb1982] [#6]
Just bought mine about an hour ago. Have to wait the ten business days to pick it up due to our wonderful laws here now. Picked up the no safety version. Also only came with one mag. Need to figure out how to get a couple of twelve rounders.

$440 out the door. Stopped by three different dealers. The one closest to my house was the only place that had it in stock.

I’ll be selling the LCPII for sure.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 9:34:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By luv_the_huskers:
Mine is doing the exact same. It's going back for repair.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By jrod88:

Mine's going back. Firing pin block is locking up on the frame, it'll only depress using the mag's feed lips. . I can't drop a magazine and clear the pistol, I have to keep the mag inserted and cycle the rounds out one by one.
Mine is doing the exact same. It's going back for repair.
So, I heard from S&W customer service on this issue. Their response was to read the manual.  

Trying round two with them now.

Link Posted: 7/29/2024 10:47:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: KissMethod17] [#8]
Picked one up over the weekend, NTS model. Have not shot it yet, but some interesting observations to note.

I handled two NTS models. One clearly had something wrong with it. With the slide locked to the rear and without a magazine inserted, the slide would not release after being pulled back. The slide release itself appeared to not have been under any spring-tension and failed to move down and out of the way. I function checked the other, which was fine, and bought that one.

I too, can only load up to 11 on the 12 round magazine. I was able to load to 11 by hand without much issue. The flush 10 rounder is easy to load to max capacity.

The most curious observation is that my mags did not drop free when they are loaded. Empty magazines drop without issue. I taped a magazine up with painters tape and inserted it into the grip and left it that way over night. They are now dropping free when loaded.

My 10 round magazine does not like to lock back the slide when empty. It seems the follower may be rubbing, have a burr, or the spring tension is not enough to push the follower up enough to engage the slide release. The 12 rounder has no issue.

The gun function checks fine, trigger is fine to me, and the slide manipulation feels good. We shall see how it goes.

Overall, I like everything about the BG2.0, minus the above quirks, which I think can be solved fairly easily. I have high hopes for this pistol.
Link Posted: 7/29/2024 2:28:22 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#9]
I've been carrying a Ruger LCP Max which was pretty much adequate for what I wanted it for, but mine has a bad case of trigger sting.

I've also been a S&W fan for many years, so the Bodyguard 2.0 really caught my attention. Checked out the only one in stock anywhere in this area and liked what I saw so took a chance and bought it.

Just got back from the range w/mixed results. The 2.0 functioned 100% through 50rds of Fiocchi FMJ (LCP Max wasn't reliable until after its first 50rds). Recoil compared to the LCP Max didn't seem less but does seem more controllable during rapid fire.
However, and this is probably just subjective due to hand shape, the 2.0's recoil seemed to punish my thumb joint a bit after 50rds. Not bad, but only an extended range session will determine whether or not this is a problem, I don't experience this w/the LCP Max.
My only complaint (again, subjective) is aimed fire seems to want to shoot to the left. As in way left, regardless of finger pad/joint position on the trigger (but no trigger sting, yay!). However, during rapid fire it's much more accurate, definitely sufficient for close-in SD use.

If I can figure out a fix for the aimed fire to the left problem, then the Bodyguard 2.0 will definitely replace the LCP Max. Now, if I can only find a decent pocket holster for the 2.0 (fits well enough for now in a DeSantis 'Trickster' I had laying around, but would like a Vedder-style kydex eventually).

ETA: When loading the 3rd round w/a .380 mag loader, I noticed a tendency for a small hook on the bottom of the follower to snag on the mag retention cut on the magazine body. If I manually load the 3rd round to get past this, I can then finish loading the mag normally w/the mag loader.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 6:06:20 PM EDT
[#10]
I just got mine in, ran a box of FMJ through it just now.

Wow. This thing is tiny for a normal looking gun. Like a keychain fob.
I noticed the strong tendency to throw left; if I tightened up on my left hand grip it went straight. It's just so small it's difficult not to steer it when pulling the trigger.

No malfunctions, right out of the box. Mags are hard to load, as noticed.

I really like it. It feels like a real pistol, not like a toy in your hand like a LCP or P3AT. Much better sights and trigger than anything else in its size range; like a real gun. I keep saying that, but that would be my bottom line. It feels and shoots like a very small real gun, where the competition feels like toys with barely controlled explosions when fired.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 7:34:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By Ohio:
I just got mine in, ran a box of FMJ through it just now.

Wow. This thing is tiny for a normal looking gun. Like a keychain fob.
I noticed the strong tendency to throw left; if I tightened up on my left hand grip it went straight. It's just so small it's difficult not to steer it when pulling the trigger.

No malfunctions, right out of the box. Mags are hard to load, as noticed.

I really like it. It feels like a real pistol, not like a toy in your hand like a LCP or P3AT. Much better sights and trigger than anything else in its size range; like a real gun. I keep saying that, but that would be my bottom line. It feels and shoots like a very small real gun, where the competition feels like toys with barely controlled explosions when fired.
View Quote

Very good description of the BG2.0, thx!
I'll try tightening my left-hand grip next time I hit the range.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 3:22:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Anybody find spare mags yet?

I had to forfeit the 12rder so looking for a couple 10rd mags
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 6:23:45 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:

View Quote

No, you may have to wait a few weeks for them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 7:49:29 AM EDT
[#14]

View All Quotes
Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:

Definitely need to wait a while.  Whenever Smith releases a new pistol, the mags hit the market well after the pistol initial availability.

I had to wait several months for 10mm mags to be available when I bought my M&P10mm  on initial release.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 11:37:36 AM EDT
[#15]
In talking to the customer service agent at Smith to get my BG 2.0 sent in for repair, he told me that it is so new there aren't spare parts to mail out and he had only seen one once. I asked about mags and he said look for them toward the end of August at best. He stated that demand for this firearm has far outstripped the planned projections so all mags are going to fulfill new units to distributors. Take it with a grain of salt, one conversation with one random CS guy.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 11:44:44 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#16]
In talking to the customer service agent at Smith to get my BG 2.0 sent in for repair, he told me that it is so new there aren't spare parts to mail out and he had only seen one once. I asked about mags and he said look for them toward the end of August at best. He stated that demand for this firearm has far outstripped the planned projections so all mags are going to fulfill new units to distributors. Take it with a grain of salt, one conversation with one random CS guy.
View Quote

Lack of mag availability is part of the reason I picked up two of them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 11:50:39 AM EDT
[Last Edit: luv_the_huskers] [#17]
For those of you who have the pistols, what does your box look like?  I see the reviews online and Youtube, etc. and the box is blue and white. Mine is black with the gold M&P printing on it. The end label is correct to the firearm so no worries there. Just curious as I haven't seen another with the black box.

ETA: Correction, my box is black and silver with the M&P printing. My brain thought silver and my fingers typed gold.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 11:52:34 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Tomac] [#18]
For those of you who have the pistols, what does your box look like?  I see the reviews online and Youtube, etc. and the box is blue and white. Mine is black with the gold M&P printing on it. The end label is correct to the firearm so no worries there. Just curious as I haven't seen another with the black box.
View Quote

Mine are blue & white.
Maybe they're scavenging boxes from other S&W's to meet the unprecedented demand for the BG2.0?
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 12:13:29 PM EDT
[#19]

ETA: Correction, my box is black and silver with the M&P printing. My brain thought silver and my fingers typed gold.
View Quote

Plain blue and white cardboard.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 1:35:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Blue and white for me.

I ended up sending my 10 round magazine to S&W for a replacement due to mine not locking back the slide when empty. The follower is not pushing up on the slide release enough to catch the cutout in the slide. I likely could have figured it out, but I was curious to see how S&W will handle it.
will report back when I get the replacement.
Link Posted: 7/31/2024 8:53:12 PM EDT
[#21]
My first BG2.0 (haven't had a chance yet to shoot the 2nd one I just picked up this afternoon) shoots way to the left.
At first, I thought it was my grip and or trigger manipulation. Then I took a close look at the front sight and it's noticeably off to the right.
I checked my 2nd BG2.0 and the front sight is also noticeably off to the right just about the same amount as the first one.
I'm going to range test the 2nd one on Friday but I'm willing to bet it will shoot to the left as well.
If so, I might have to invest in a sight pusher or have them adjusted at my LGS.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:17:28 AM EDT
[Last Edit: luv_the_huskers] [#22]
I emailed S&W about the availability of mags so that I had it in black and white. Below is the response.

Thank you for contacting Smith & Wesson. They are currently not available we should have some for sale within the next 2 to 3 weeks.

Regards,
Daniel

Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:20:46 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cttb] [#23]
Holy crap. Smith must have gotten their springs from www.crazystiffsprings.com. I just cleaned and reassembled the gun. It's by far the hardest to reassemble gun I've ever seen. Everything is crazy stiff. Loaded mags have to be pounded in to seat. The slide has some kind of hang up on the way back. The 12 round mag takes 11. Hopefully, it smooths out. I'll shoot it tomorrow. I'll be shocked if .380 has enough poo to lock the slide back. Right now, I'm thinking Smith rushed the release a bit.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 8:35:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By cttb:
Holy crap. Smith must have gotten their springs from www.crazystiffsprings.com. I just cleaned and reassembled the gun. It's by far the hardest to reassemble gun I've ever seen. Everything is crazy stiff. Loaded mags have to be pounded in to seat. The slide has some kind of hang up on the way back. The 12 round mag takes 11. Hopefully, it smooths out. I'll shoot it tomorrow. I'll be shocked if .380 has enough poo to lock the slide back. Right now, I'm thinking Smith rushed the release a bit.
View Quote

I now own two BG2.0's. Takedown & reassembly hasn't been a problem, identical to other S&W's:
Lock slide back, rotate takedown lever, release slide, pull trigger to release slide from frame.
Reassembly has been just as easy: slide slide onto frame, lock slide back, rotate takedown lever back into position, release slide and that's it.

You definitely need a mag loader for the mags, but the 12rd mag does take 12rds and my two BG2.0's have been 100% w/both 10 & 12rd mags after 100rds through each.
Sorry you're having difficulties.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 9:27:52 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cttb] [#25]
Originally Posted By Tomac:

I now own two BG2.0's. Takedown & reassembly hasn't been a problem, identical to other S&W's:
Lock slide back, rotate takedown lever, release slide, pull trigger to release slide from frame.
Reassembly has been just as easy: slide slide onto frame, lock slide back, rotate takedown lever back into position, release slide and that's it.

You definitely need a mag loader for the mags, but the 12rd mag does take 12rds and my two BG2.0's have been 100% w/both 10 & 12rd mags after 100rds through each.
View All Quotes

Not surprising at all. I think the consistency and quality control is the problem. I have two Shields and other semi autos from multiple manufacturers. This gun's stiffness is wild. Never seen anything close to it. We'll see how it functions tomorrow.

On the other hand, I just carried it in my back pocket in a pocket holster to walk the dog. The weight, concealment, and comfort are spectacular.
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:16:12 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By cttb: The slide has some kind of hang up on the way back.
View Quote

Mine ALSO had a "hitch" where the slide would hang up before it got far enough back to push up on the slide-lock. However, if you hit it with your purse and gave it a good pull/push, it would go all the way back.

This concerned me until I put the first 100rds through it...now the hitch is gone and it easily and smoothly goes all the way back and can easily be pulled back and the slide-lock pressed up. Something had to break-in or get knocked into a new position.  :)
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:24:20 PM EDT
[#27]
One trick I've learned over the years with new pistols is to manually run the slide back and forth 50-100 times and leave it locked back the night before a range trip to help wear it in some.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 2:33:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By esdunbar:
Local shop had one yesterday so I grabbed it.  

Bottom line, it is the exact same size as the LCP Max, except it is a smidge longer, but the hight and thickness is the same.  The grip you can get on the Bodyguard 2.0 is lightyears better than what you can get on the LCP Max.  The undercut trigger guard means I can get all three fingers of my main hand on the actual grip.  With the Max, my pinky hangs.  Just holding them in the hand you can tell immediately that it will shoot better than the Max and it is much easier to draw.

Also, the slide locks back on an empty mag where my Max does not.  

My holster from Muddy was ordered last night.

I absolutely think it's worth ditching the Max for the 2.0.
View Quote

I agree.  The ergos on the SW is much better than the Max.  
The trigger is also crisper and I have a Macarbo kit in my Max.  
It doesnt reset the way the macarbo does, but it is an excellent stock trigger.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 8:47:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Brok3n:
One trick I've learned over the years with new pistols is to manually run the slide back and forth 50-100 times and leave it locked back the night before a range trip to help wear it in some.
View Quote

I do the same, dry-firing as well if not forbidden in the manual.  Just don't have any ammo nearby.

By the time the video I'm watching is over the slide and trigger usually clean up well.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 6:18:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 7:09:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cttb] [#31]
Range Report:

The pistol shot 50 rounds of Monarch 95 grain and about 20 rounds of Hornady Black 95 grain XTP from both magazines without any malfunctions. Both mags locked back on empty.

The first 10 shots out of the gun grouped 2.16" at 7 yards, slow fire. All misses from the bull were left. The furthest shot left was 1.13" from the bull. Vertical POI/POA was good.

An 11 shot rapid fire string at 7 yards grouped 4.83". Misses were vertical, not left. To compare, a 10 shot rapid fire string from my Shield Plus with a dot grouped 3.04", although 7 of those shots were within 1.3". In other words, the Shield Plus group's mean radius would be significantly shorter than the BG's, if I bothered to measure it. The Shield Plus felt huge after shooting the BG.

I cleared racks of five 6" plates in 7.2, 10.04, 8.76, and 8.65 seconds at 15 yards from low ready. Shots were fired as fast as I could while having a good hit probability. I didn't record time between shots. Approximate math yields 2.25 shots per plate at a rate of .78 seconds per shot. Slow fire, it was not overly difficult to hit a 6" plate at 25 yards. I fired maybe four shots at that distance and hit maybe twice. I didn't record that data.

The gun is capable of accurate shooting. The wide rear sight hampers it.

The Monarch averaged 859.6 fps. The Black averaged 865.4. To compare, bulk 115 grain FMJ from the Shield Plus averaged 1080.7 fps.

In summary, S&W has made the first pocket pistol that's easy to shoot well.

Link Posted: 8/3/2024 12:30:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I just noticed something odd. My gun will not go into battery if I manually load a round into the chamber. The slide does not go fully forward. Is anyone else's doing that?
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 12:34:06 PM EDT
[#33]
I just noticed something odd. My gun will not go into battery if I manually load a round into the chamber. The slide does not go fully forward. Is anyone else's doing that?
View Quote

Tight extractor that won’t slip over the rim?
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 12:37:03 PM EDT
[#34]
View Quote

Yes, I noticed that as well. The bevel on the extractor doesn't reach the rim.

You really shouldn't do that anyway.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#35]
You really shouldn't do that anyway.
View Quote

Looks like the BG2 agrees with you.
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 9:42:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Yes, on many guns, this is a bad idea
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:22:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Another couple of observations:

The manual says you have to fiddle with the ejector to assemble/disassemble.  My copy does not require it to be manipulated at all.

The thin sides of the rear sight are challenging for my severe astigmatism.

The thumb safety smooths out pretty quickly. It still takes effort (good) but the grit/drag goes away.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#38]
The manual says you have to fiddle with the ejector to assemble/disassemble.  My copy does not require it to be manipulated at all.
The thumb safety smooths out pretty quickly. It still takes effort (good) but the grit/drag goes away.
View Quote

I don't mess with the ejector at all, I just use the same method I use on all my current S&W's:
Lock back slide, rotate takedown lever, ease slide forward, pull trigger, slide moves forward off the frame.
Reassembly is attach slide to frame, lock back slide, rotate takedown lever, ease slide forward and that's it.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 10:18:54 AM EDT
[#39]

I don't mess with the ejector at all, I just use the same method I use on all my current S&W's:
Lock back slide, rotate takedown lever, ease slide forward, pull trigger, slide moves forward off the frame.
Reassembly is attach slide to frame, lock back slide, rotate takedown lever, ease slide forward and that's it.
View All Quotes

Do any of you have one that requires manipulating the ejector?
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 10:34:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: cttb] [#40]
Mine will not disassemble without pushing the ejector  down, regardless of whether I pull the trigger.

The manual instructs to lock the slide back, push the ejector down, rotate the slide release down, and then remove the slide. Pulling the trigger is not instructed or necessary. On reassembly, it instucts to raise the ejector by inserting a mag. I figure Smith has a reason for instructing to do it that way, even if it can be done other ways sometimes.

FWIW, Smith instructs to push a Shield's sear deactivation lever down before rotating the takedown lever and pushing the slide forward. Pulling the trigger is not instructed or necessary here either. The sear deactivation lever is pushed back up by inserting a magazine. My Shield Plus will not disassemble without pushing the deactivation lever down.
Link Posted: 8/12/2024 5:56:29 AM EDT
[#41]
I picked up the first one I saw took it home cleaned it , racked the slide 50 or 60 times , locked it back and left it that way a day or to , works great no problems , it`s a close range gun hits ware I need it to .
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 3:31:20 PM EDT
[#42]
Picked mine up on Saturday and just got to the range today. The first round or two (Fiocchi) would hang up when loading for the first 100 rnds or so. Probably just a new mag issue since it went away quickly and it was more prevalent with the 12 rounder. Sights seem to be regulated well. I was shooting maybe an inch or so left at 10 yds but that was probably me. I was still keeping everything in the 10 ring. The gun shoots amazingly well for such a small pistol.
This thing makes my Shield Plus feel enormous.
Link Posted: 8/13/2024 5:19:14 PM EDT
[#43]
Originally Posted By Whippet06:
Picked mine up on Saturday and just got to the range today. The first round or two (Fiocchi) would hang up when loading for the first 100 rnds or so. Probably just a new mag issue since it went away quickly and it was more prevalent with the 12 rounder. Sights seem to be regulated well. I was shooting maybe an inch or so left at 10 yds but that was probably me. I was still keeping everything in the 10 ring. The gun shoots amazingly well for such a small pistol.
This thing makes my Shield Plus feel enormous.
View Quote

Watching videos and reading reviews it seems everyone shoots the first couple mags left until they figure out how to handle the grip and trigger.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 4:48:22 AM EDT
[#44]
Watching videos and reading reviews it seems everyone shoots the first couple mags left until they figure out how to handle the grip and trigger.
View Quote

A number of owners have reported the front or rear sight not being centered, causing groups to the left.
Both of my BG2.0's had the front sight slightly to the right (by exactly the same amount, no less) and shot to the left but after centering they both shoot to POA.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 5:34:52 AM EDT
[#45]

Not surprising at all. I think the consistency and quality control is the problem. I have two Shields and other semi autos from multiple manufacturers. This gun's stiffness is wild. Never seen anything close to it. We'll see how it functions tomorrow.
View Quote

Lube the literal shit out of it.  Keeping the rails, barrel contact points and spring assembly wet makes mine manipulate much more easily.

I use a Glock 42 mag loader and can fill the mags with relative ease using that.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 6:11:10 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mini14jac] [#46]
Picked one up on Monday.

Using the LCP Max mag loader to load it, could only get two rounds in either mag.
It looks like the Max loader pushes the rear of the follower down so that the left front leg of the follower hangs on the mag catch slot.
It was actually shaving off a sliver of plastic on the leg in both mags.

I trimmed the leg slightly with a knife and the problem cleared up.

The mags are extremely hard to load but I was able to get the full amount in each mag.

I left both mags loaded and left the slide locked open on the gun.

- My sights seem to be centered.
- I used the ejector lever to take the gun apart. Worked fine.
On 2 Shields and a Shield Plus, pulling the trigger works but I haven’t tried that on the Bodyguard yet.
- A mag loader is definitely called for with these mags.

Hope to get to the range in a couple of hours.

I like my LCP Max but I had to replace the trigger because the original was really uncomfortable to shoot.
And no matter what I do, I shoot it low left.
(I know, it’s not the gun’s fault but frustrating just the same.)

High hopes for this range trip.

I’ve got an IWB holster on the way.
Now I need to find some spare mags.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#47]
>>I’ll be selling the LCPII for sure.<<

That's what I initially said, but then I realized I wouldn't get squat for it. It may be better just to hang on to it.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:13:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: NotIssued] [#48]
Just a data point.  The mags get easier.  Barely, but I can handle load all 12 after about 10 times shooting them.

Also, here's some pics next to the Hellcat (which I shoot for shit)
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 9:24:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Whippet06] [#49]
Originally Posted By mini14jac:
Picked one up on Monday.

Using the LCP Max mag loader to load it, could only get two rounds in either mag.
It looks like the Max loader pushes the rear of the follower down so that the left front leg of the follower hangs on the mag catch slot.
It was actually shaving off a sliver of plastic on the leg in both mags.

I trimmed the leg slightly with a knife and the problem cleared up.

The mags are extremely hard to load but I was able to get the full amount in each mag.

I left both mags loaded and left the slide locked open on the gun.

- My sights seem to be centered.
- I used the ejector lever to take the gun apart. Worked fine.
On 2 Shields and a Shield Plus, pulling the trigger works but I haven't tried that on the Bodyguard yet.
- A mag loader is definitely called for with these mags.

Hope to get to the range in a couple of hours.

I like my LCP Max but I had to replace the trigger because the original was really uncomfortable to shoot.
And no matter what I do, I shoot it low left.
(I know, it's not the gun's fault but frustrating just the same.)

High hopes for this range trip.

I've got an IWB holster on the way.
Now I need to find some spare mags.
View Quote
I had the same issue with my maglula but only on the 12 rounder. I only use it to load the last few rounds now so it's not an issue anymore.

I loaded up some Federal Punch ammo and the slide drops very smooth so I think the Fiocchi ammo was the reason I was getting FTFs on the first round or two of the mag.
Link Posted: 8/14/2024 5:46:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Thealien] [#50]
Just picked one up

Could only get 11 rounds in the 12 round magazine

I could get all 10 rounds in the 10 round magazine

I have not test fired it yet, but I am hoping to do so in the next few days. I do think it is the perfect size for every day carry.
Page / 4
New Bodyguard 2.0 (Page 3 of 4)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top