Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/30/2024 2:46:00 AM EDT
There are still a few parts they should consider changing, but this option is cool to see on a large gun as a factory build.

Prodigy™ Comp - Springfield Armory®

https://www.thearmorylife.com/1911-ds-prodigy-comp-9mm-review/

Link Posted: 7/30/2024 7:04:59 AM EDT
[Last Edit: --FLEET--] [#1]
Just yesterday I was looking into the 'Genghis Comp' by Monsoon Tactical for my 4.25" for about $385. Then this drops at midnight. Looks like an identical porting job from the factory. For the $1599 msrp, this is just an insane deal. Makes me want to sell mine and order one lol

Also, I really wish the defender used the venom footprint. I would consider getting one so I could use my included plate.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:02:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:27:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Gad these things already shoot flat that must get it down to .22 recoil
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:36:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 7:35:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I’m waiting for the coyote brown comp to be released. Then I’m definitely selling my full sized in CA to pay for it and accessories.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 8:25:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TactiCoolBro] [#6]
Very curious to know if they made some rolling changes to address the ongoing issues from the original ones?
I STILL see people having to send them back for tight chambers. Needing to be racked hundreds of times by hand before even going to the range to not have jams galore, list keeps going.

If they could simply make every one RUN (instead of it being a roll of the dice how they are currently), they could sell an absolute stupid amount of these being comped at that price point.

Link Posted: 7/30/2024 8:32:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I just received an email from Battlehawk Armory listing these.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 8:39:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:
Very curious to know if they made some rolling changes to address the ongoing issues from the original ones?
I STILL see people having to send them back for tight chambers. Needing to be racked hundreds of times by hand before even going to the range to not have jams galore, list keeps going.

If they could simply make every one RUN (instead of it being a roll of the dice how they are currently), they could sell an absolute stupid amount of these being comped at that price point.

View Quote

I don’t know, but I was in on them early and that ceracoat sucked till I figured it out.  Now it runs like a scalded ass ape and a favorite.

Link Posted: 7/30/2024 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By TactiCoolBro:

View Quote

I tweaked my extractor a bit and don't have any issues with mine. I have the 4.25" model, and replaced the recoil assembly with an EGW one for easier disassembly.
Link Posted: 7/30/2024 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By DVCER:

I don’t know, but I was in on them early and that ceracoat sucked till I figured it out.  Now it runs like a scalded ass ape and a favorite.

View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#11]
They should ditch the ceracoat and put something decent on there
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 4:39:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: -CRW-] [#12]
Originally Posted By DavidY:
View Quote

Yep. I had mine stripped and DLC coated. It’s much smoother than it was Cerakoted. However, it also revealed how loosely fit the frame to slide is. It’s still more accurate than me so it’s not an issue to me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2024 9:22:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By DavidY:
View Quote

They won’t do that. The cerakote allows them to make them to garbage tolerances and (mostly) get away with it.
Link Posted: 9/10/2024 8:38:30 AM EDT
[#14]
So far my comp version has been amazing.  Only about 250 rounds through it though.  Put an ACRO on it.  So far I'm loving it, especially for a factory pistol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top