User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 7:57:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By lilMAC25:
Finally fit my black trigger onto the DWX. Looks a lot better now, IMO. Also, I fiddled around with Pretravel tabs and have reduced about 1/2 of pretravel and the hammer won’t drop from 1/2 cock.

Tomorrow I’ll call grip guy. Now I’m trying to decide whether or not to have it optic cut.

https://i.imgur.com/2vaqFS3.jpeg
View Quote

An optic will only make it better!
Link Posted: 6/5/2024 9:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By BMSMB:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By BMSMB:
Finally fit my black trigger onto the DWX. Looks a lot better now, IMO. Also, I fiddled around with Pretravel tabs and have reduced about 1/2 of pretravel and the hammer won’t drop from 1/2 cock.

Tomorrow I’ll call grip guy. Now I’m trying to decide whether or not to have it optic cut.

Oh, I know. I’m just hesitant.

Spoke to Grip guy, just have to decide which material to have my grips made out of.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 6:39:24 AM EDT
[#3]

ETA: anyone know what size the trigger overtravel screw is on this gun?
View Quote

Black looks fantastic; really wish they would do away with the Red, or at least not have a red trigger.
Link Posted: 6/6/2024 10:07:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#4]
Originally Posted By spydercomonkey:

Black looks fantastic; really wish they would do away with the Red, or at least not have a red trigger.
View All Quotes

Thank you!

Fitting wasn’t bad. I just used some whetstones while watching Billions to take a few hundredths of an inch off the top of the trigger where it was contacting the chassis, then mirror finished it. After that, I Took the time to adjust the pretravel tabs and I really like how it ended up.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 11:02:16 PM EDT
[#5]

Thank you!

Fitting wasn’t bad. I just used some whetstones while watching Billions to take a few hundredths of an inch off the top of the trigger where it was contacting the chassis, then mirror finished it. After that, I Took the time to adjust the pretravel tabs and I really like how it ended up.
View All Quotes

Thank you!

Impeccable taste in firearms and TV, love Billions, especially the first few seasons.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 7:19:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#6]

Impeccable taste in firearms and TV, love Billions, especially the first few seasons.
View All Quotes

Thank you!

Unfortunately, Billions goes hard left woke pretty quickly.
Link Posted: 6/9/2024 10:18:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#7]
Grips ordered. I chose much darker than I originally intended.

I asked for the DWX logo to be laser engraved (and color filled black if possible) in the same area and roughly the same size as the OEM grips, except I want one logo on each side. I’m planning on finding some fancy but subtle screws to jazz it up even more. Any brand suggestions?

I like the Altamont Nova engraved screws the best out of what I’ve found so far.

This may be out, as I took my CZ screw from an SP01T out and tried them in the DWX and they worked fine. When I put the DWX screws in the CZ they also worked fine. I’ll need to get some 1911 grip screws to confirm but it seems that my DWX uses CZ screws despite being a relatively early S/N.

Also, I should receive my holster this Tuesday!
Link Posted: 6/11/2024 10:58:33 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#8]
Holster is here. It’s gorgeous. Perfect.

Retention is NOT an issue… wife has been making fun of me for walking around with the firearm wrapped in a ziploc and inserted into the holster, but that’s the method suggested by The Southern Trapper.

Here is the logo layout for the grips.

Unfortunately, the grip material I ordered originally isn’t available for some reason or another. He’s offered me the following (and a very nice discount) as an alternative. I’ve accepted.

Link Posted: 6/11/2024 11:27:32 PM EDT
[#9]

Pics? Price?
View Quote
It looks like every other one so far. 315 armory in NY had it for 1750 plus 30 to ship
Link Posted: 6/12/2024 8:53:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By somedudefromhouston:
It looks like every other one so far. 315 armory in NY had it for 1750 plus 30 to ship
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By somedudefromhouston:

Pics? Price?

That’s a great deal!
Link Posted: 6/13/2024 4:03:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#11]
Grips are inbound. Should be here Monday.

Bought 2 different sets of Cool Hand custom grip screws (through Amazon).
Link Posted: 6/17/2024 9:36:09 AM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#12]
Grips out for Delivery!
Very hard to get a good pic of them, and this pic makes them seem more red and brighter than they are in real life. That said, I’m extremely pleased.

Grip screws are Cool Hand CHG-CZS-5-T, Dark Gray. Which is odd, because based on serial number it should be 1911 screws.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 2:46:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Nice build.
I just snagged a compact.
milled and rail.
No fancy mag baseplates though. Just black
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 10:06:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Grips out for Delivery!
Very hard to get a good pic of them, and this pic makes them seem more red and brighter than they are in real life. That said, I’m extremely pleased.

https://i.imgur.com/OVbFU1y.jpeg

Grip screws are Cool Hand CHG-CZS-5-T, Dark Gray. Which is odd, because based on serial number it should be 1911 screws.
View Quote

That looks spectacular.

I notice, theres a fair amount of wear around the muzzle. Is that from a whole lotta holstering, or is the finish fairly delicate on the DWX?
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 10:31:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: lilMAC25] [#15]

That looks spectacular.

I notice, theres a fair amount of wear around the muzzle. Is that from a whole lotta holstering, or is the finish fairly delicate on the DWX?
View All Quotes
Grips out for Delivery!

https://i.imgur.com/OVbFU1y.jpeg

That looks spectacular.

Thank you!

The finish is DLC which is extremely durable, you’re just seeing where the oil has been rubbed dry by my leather holster.

I’ll take a pic tomorrow and show it’s gone.
Link Posted: 6/18/2024 10:33:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Slightly clearer pic

Link Posted: 6/20/2024 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Here’s a pic after a wipe down to show that the marks were not permanent.

Gratuitous shot of Sea Witch sharkskin holster and grips
Link Posted: 7/8/2024 9:26:08 PM EDT
[#18]
With my impulse buying tendencies I can’t image that I DON”T BUY one of these in the next six months after I see an excuse to buy one ($100 off would be all that i need). My CZ/DW collection hasn’t had an addition in a while. I have a TS, SP01, CZ75, Compact CZ75, a Jericho Israeli clone, DW 10mm, and some DW 9mm 1911 that i can’t remember the name of. I’m glad that this thread is generally supportive that the pistol is great.
Link Posted: 7/10/2024 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By azeyecap:
With my impulse buying tendencies I can’t image that I DON”T BUY one of these in the next six months after I see an excuse to buy one ($100 off would be all that i need). My CZ/DW collection hasn’t had an addition in a while. I have a TS, SP01, CZ75, Compact CZ75, a Jericho Israeli clone, DW 10mm, and some DW 9mm 1911 that i can’t remember the name of. I’m glad that this thread is generally supportive that the pistol is great.
View Quote

Do it! Great gun.
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 9:02:41 AM EDT
[#20]
Anyone else pick one up?
Link Posted: 7/20/2024 10:25:16 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone else pick one up?
View Quote
Found one at a local shop on Wednesday. Full size, railed, optics ready. Wasn't a smoking deal but I couldn't resist.  Only have about 300 rounds through it so far but I'm really liking it.

Need to figure out what optic I want to put on there, I need more mags, and I'm not really a fan of the red bits. The trigger is also just a touch heavier than I'd like, but all that is pretty easy to change.
Link Posted: 7/24/2024 6:48:27 PM EDT
[#22]
Anyone else pick one up?
View Quote

I want one. Can't find one in stock.
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:49:53 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By GT86:
Found one at a local shop on Wednesday. Full size, railed, optics ready. Wasn't a smoking deal but I couldn't resist.  Only have about 300 rounds through it so far but I'm really liking it.

Need to figure out what optic I want to put on there, I need more mags, and I'm not really a fan of the red bits. The trigger is also just a touch heavier than I'd like, but all that is pretty easy to change.
View All Quotes
Anyone else pick one up?

Awesome!
Link Posted: 7/26/2024 12:50:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

View All Quotes
Anyone else pick one up?

They come out in waves
Link Posted: 8/1/2024 11:08:51 PM EDT
[#25]
I found one. I'm going to get LOK grips, but I can't decide between thin and palm swell.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/3/2024 4:01:11 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stater61] [#26]
The LOK thin grips will be slightly thinner than the Henning grips that come from the factory if that helps you decide. Not much but a little.

If you just want a different color Henning makes a few.

@Sonoran_Tj

I thought I hit the quote tab but apparently not 😅

Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:32:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I found one. I'm going to get LOK grips, but I can't decide between thin and palm swell.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276110/20240731_171654_jpg-3283081.JPG
View Quote

That is the thickest pistol optic mounting plate I've ever seen. Is that what comes with the gun? Also doesn't look like that one can fit back up irons?

How tough is changing out the trigger? I'm not interested in keeping the red parts.
Link Posted: 8/4/2024 12:42:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Combat_Leader:

That is the thickest pistol optic mounting plate I've ever seen. Is that what comes with the gun? Also doesn't look like that one can fit back up irons?

How tough is changing out the trigger? I'm not interested in keeping the red parts.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Combat_Leader:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276110/20240731_171654_jpg-3283081.JPG

It's a gamer gun, back up sights aren't necessary. The plate is thick, but height over bore doesn't matter as much as you'd think, and it allows for longer screws to hold the dot on.

Swapping the trigger is fairly easy. Fully stripping the gun is fairly simple to get to the trigger. The new trigger was essentially drop in. I did some minor shaping and polishing on the trigger bow. The new triggers also have pre-travel stops on them so I adjusted those some too. Took most of the slack out of the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 2:51:23 PM EDT
[Last Edit: GT86] [#29]
Have about 600 rounds through mine so far, no malfunctions and it's a great shooter.

The red stuff though, not really a fan. But I didn't want another all black gun so I decided to try some blue. The trigger needed a very minor amount of fitting, and I adjusted the sear spring to lighten up the pull just a little. Not sure of the grips yet, they're thin and I want to try some palm swells on it. But as it is, I like it a lot better than the red  
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 8/6/2024 3:38:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Have about 600 rounds through mine so far, no malfunctions and it's a great shooter.

The red stuff though, not really a fan. But I didn't want another all black gun so I decided to try some blue. The trigger needed a very minor amount of fitting, and I adjusted the sear spring to lighten up the pull just a little. Not sure of the grips yet, they're thin and I want to try some palm swells on it. But as it is, I like it a lot better than the red  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/70313/1000029524_jpg-3287411.JPG
View Quote

Blue looks good. I didn't like the red either. Opted for all black on the gun, with contrasting mag extensions for a little color.

Attachment Attached File

I also went with thin grips and second guessed it. I have LOK palm swells on order now, going to try those out and probably return whichever I don't prefer. Or I'll try a palm swell on the right and thin on the left and toss the extra pieces in a box until I find a left handed shooter to sell them to
Link Posted: 8/6/2024 11:32:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Blue looks good. I didn't like the red either. Opted for all black on the gun, with contrasting mag extensions for a little color.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/276110/20240802_143446_jpg-3287440.JPG

I also went with thin grips and second guessed it. I have LOK palm swells on order now, going to try those out and probably return whichever I don't prefer. Or I'll try a palm swell on the right and thin on the left and toss the extra pieces in a box until I find a left handed shooter to sell them to
View Quote

Yeah, I think the thin grips are just not what I'm wanting. Missing that "locked in" feel I'm used to on my CZ's.
Link Posted: 8/17/2024 7:10:52 PM EDT
[#32]
I bought one off Gunbroker, what are my optic plate options?
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 1:27:18 PM EDT
[#33]
On my wish list!
Link Posted: 8/24/2024 1:28:21 PM EDT
[#34]
On my wish list!
Link Posted: 8/29/2024 9:27:49 PM EDT
[#35]
In the club:

Link Posted: 9/6/2024 2:22:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Does anyone EDC their DWX?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top