Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/11/2020 6:31:26 PM EDT
What do you recommend?
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Raven Concealment Perun is the one I have.  I like it but I wish it had a little more retention it is a little easy to draw.
Link Posted: 6/11/2020 7:34:24 PM EDT
[#2]
also using the Perun.

Fits my TLR-7 and TLR-7A.

Using it with my 19/32/45.  No issues
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:08:56 PM EDT
[#3]
GunfightersInc.com is my #1 go to.

Werkz.com is my back up choice
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 11:49:12 PM EDT
[#4]
This is the Raven Perun

This is my Werkz IWB holster.  I removed the wedge.

Link Posted: 6/13/2020 8:08:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I am using a Tenicor IWB holster with my G19.3/TLR7/RMR, G19.5/TLR7A/RMR, G44/TLR7A equipped pistols. Great holster with great customer service.

They do make an OWB model too so I would suggest checking them out.

tenicor.com
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 10:56:58 AM EDT
[#6]
For OWB I’ve been happy with my C&G.  They’re one of the few companies that make Poly 80 holsters as well.  I have one for a Poly 80 with a TLR-1.  My Glock fits great in it.  That’s personally what I would do.  Get a Poly 80 holster and it will work with a Glock.  A Glock holster probably won’t work with a Poly 80 though.  

IWB I use a Phlster Floodlight which also accommodates both.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 12:36:11 PM EDT
[#7]
if you go to safariland's website you can type in all the specifics for you guns, make, model, light and rmr and they'll list all the holsters available for you. i like them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2020 2:49:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the advice everyone. I ordered the RCS Perun. Hard to beat for the price.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks for the advice everyone. I ordered the RCS Perun. Hard to beat for the price.
View Quote

It is a good holster just wish it had a slight tighter retention.  If that is my only complaint I think it is a good holster.  The outer side protector of the top of the slide I thought I would not like it but I have grown to like it.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 4:58:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Poor choice. Poor retention. Yes, I’ve owned one.

Should’ve gone with the Tenicor. Best option for a low-profile OWB setup.

If wanting extra retention but larger profile, Safariland has a compatible 7TS holster specifically for the TLR7 series which I use for such occasions warranting the added ALS.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:02:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If wanting extra retention but larger profile, Safariland has a compatible 7TS holster specifically for the TLR7 series which I use for such occasions warranting the added ALS.
View Quote

I would not go as far as poor choice or retention.  The holster can hold my setup with a red dot loaded upside down.  Poor is the inability to hold a pistol upside down loaded mag inserted.
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:25:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I just received my t-rex ragnarok. Ordered Thursday, it was sitting in the mail box Saturday when I got home from work. Passive retention, so it may not suit your needs. Just an fyi
Link Posted: 6/14/2020 8:59:38 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I would not go as far as poor choice or retention.  The holster can hold my setup with a red dot loaded upside down.  Poor is the inability to hold a pistol upside down loaded mag inserted.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 8:35:18 AM EDT
[#14]

Great contribution to a tech discussion.  Someone does not buy what you want them to buy and you tell them what a poor decision it was to do so.  Then you are called on it only to resort to the above.  Great way to support your argument.  Just FYI this is not GD this is a tech discussion people are allowed to have different opinions than you and part of a tech discussion is to support your argument not tell people how they made a poor choice not getting what you suggested.  It is almost like you are shilling or maybe work for the company you suggested.....
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:17:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

I've been carrying it for a few days now and I think I made a good choice. My G19 locks in tight. It was quite stiff to remove at first, but now it seems just right. I also wasn't looking to spend $100 bucks at the moment.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 11:21:32 AM EDT
[#16]
For everyone running the perun with a gen5, I was reading there was some spacer or washer you can remove to get a little more retention. Check with RCS customer service
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Tried a Perun for my 19.5 w/TLR7 and it sucked,  way too tight and scratched my 19.  Mass produced junk, you don't get a quality holster for $49.

OP check out Red River Tactical
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:27:37 PM EDT
[#18]
safariland RDS for x300 seeems to work fine with tlr7
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 3:28:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Tried a Perun for my 19.5 w/TLR7 and it sucked,  way too tight and scratched my 19.  Mass produced junk, you don't get a quality holster for $49.

OP check out Red River Tactical
View Quote

Part of carrying daily your pistol is going to get scratches and holster wear couple that with the Gen5 finish.  If you are worried about scratches then you should carry your pistol in a soft furry lined holster and never take a pistol course with the gun.

Can you elaborate on how it was way to tight?  Where was the holster gripping the pistol that made it tight?

Also I believe the US Secret Service use the holster.
Link Posted: 6/19/2020 5:50:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Was using the non Light Perun on my ancient 32 with no issues and gave it to a coworker.  He's had no issues with his gen5 19 in it.  My Perun with light has worked fine with my 32 w/tlr-7 and my 45 with tlr-7a.  No issues.  retention is fine.  easily concealed as it does sit tighter to the body.

Link Posted: 6/21/2020 1:23:58 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m pleased with Cleveland Kydex’s holster for my 19x w/ TLR7.
Link Posted: 6/21/2020 2:29:10 PM EDT
[#22]
T-Rex Arms.
Link Posted: 6/22/2020 2:29:41 AM EDT
[#23]
He's a member here. He'll make what you need.
https://shadowholsters.co/shop
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top