Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2024 11:54:11 AM EDT
I bought the full size PDP Pro and like it so much I had to buy the Compact version.

I have a red dot on the Full Size but would like to just run XS (iron - night) sights on the Compact.
That being said I have one small first world gripe about the Pro - the cheap plastic slide cut cover that comes on them.
I realize Walther was thinking everyone would immediately chuck them for a red dot but you would think on a $900 pistol they could do better than a cover made from recycled Easter egg plastic.

All that being said, is anyone aware of someone making a metal cover (that would actually line up to the slide serrations )?  I doubt there is much of a market for these but thought I would consult arfcom.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 12:50:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Assuming this is the same as your factory plastic cover?

Find a friend that can make one out of a piece of aluminum for you. But I think you’re on your own aftermarket wise
Link Posted: 3/12/2024 6:36:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ScoutH57:
Assuming this is the same as your factory plastic cover?

Find a friend that can make one out of a piece of aluminum for you. But I think you’re on your own aftermarket wise
View Quote

Yes that’s craptastic piece.

I think you are right.  If I only had a machinist friend!
Link Posted: 4/17/2024 1:14:59 AM EDT
[#3]
Very frustrating for an expensive pistol like the PRO, (however it can be found for $699 now) that it has so many plastic parts that really should be metal. Besides the plate cover, there's the scrappy plastic sights and still has a plastic guide rod. My guess is there are other plastic parts I don't realize as well. But on the PRO version those 3 should be metal. IMO
Top Top