Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/2/2024 2:05:28 PM EDT
I picked up 2 dagger slides a few months ago, finally got around to shooting, both dagger compact slides wont eject/cycle a round. I'd say it happens once per 10 rd mag. maybe twice. I just did a full clean/lube and will be going back to the range next week to see if it was a lube or ammo issue. I'll also bring 3-4 different kinds of ammo with me to try. Anyone have any recommendations? I'm also using pmags.
Link Posted: 6/2/2024 11:49:03 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DavidY] [#1]
Originally Posted By fly223: I'm also using pmags.
View Quote

Step #1 - Buy a new OEM Glock magazine. They're not as good as OEM Glock magazines. What ammo were you shooting?  I've read they don't like steel case at all.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 2:56:23 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Brok3n] [#2]
The cerakote on the compact slides can be pretty thick requiring proper wear-in. You can help the process by racking your slides manually 50-100 times and leaving it locked back the night before your range trip. It helped me a lot with my second slide (ECC) after learning that from my first one (SW2) which I broke in today with zero issues. I also use OEM Glock magazines and a Glock guide rod/recoil spring with Faxon barrel.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 6:04:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Wondaful, thank you!

As far as ammo goes, I only shoot brass cased ammo. As of now only umc was shot out of it. I'll try rem. and norma this coming sunday and report back.
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 11:36:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/3/2024 11:46:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By DavidY:

Step #1 - Buy a new OEM Glock magazine. They're not as good as OEM Glock magazines. What ammo were you shooting?  I've read they don't like steel case at all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By DavidY:
Originally Posted By fly223: I'm also using pmags.

Not only do Glock P-Mags and ETS mags suck with steel and aluminum case, they don't handle dust, corrosion or grime well on brass case for the same reasons.  We're not talking about a lot of dust either, just enough to increase friction between cartridges a little.

OEM glock mag first, if it runs with that, then its not a PSA problem, its a shitty mag problem.
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 5:35:10 AM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

If you still have issues once you try more types of ammo, please let me know and we will get you taken care of.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

Wonderful, thank you!
Link Posted: 6/4/2024 5:51:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: BillofRights] [#7]
I was going to post the same question regarding a couple full size lowers.    Both generated an assortment of misfires/jams.  Glock OEM mags with brass cased ball ammo.

I guess I’ll try the Ceracoat break in process and try again.
Link Posted: 6/7/2024 4:06:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By PalmettoStateArmory:

If you still have issues once you try more types of ammo, please let me know and we will get you taken care of.

Thanks,

Josiah
View Quote

I'll be sending you a private message. Thank you looking out.
Link Posted: 8/21/2024 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By p3590:
Not only do Glock P-Mags and ETS mags suck with steel and aluminum case, they don't handle dust, corrosion or grime well on brass case for the same reasons.  We're not talking about a lot of dust either, just enough to increase friction between cartridges a little.

OEM glock mag first, if it runs with that, then its not a PSA problem, its a shitty mag problem.
View Quote

While the advice to try a Glock OEM mag is good, the Glock PMAGs haven't had any issue feeding steel cased ammo in my experience. Or any other ammo. I have dozens and have yet to experience a mag related issue.

I have a Dagger with a worn extractor that won't reliably extract steel case, but the mag feeds it into the chamber. The case doesn't stick because when I lock the slide back and point the pistol up, the case falls out

I have a Glock extractor to replace it with, it still works fine wo brass cased stuff. The rim on the magtech 9mm ammo is slightly smaller in diameter than the AAC brass case ammo I usually shoot.
Link Posted: 8/22/2024 12:25:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By colklink:

While the advice to try a Glock OEM mag is good, the Glock PMAGs haven't had any issue feeding steel cased ammo in my experience. Or any other ammo. I have dozens and have yet to experience a mag related issue.

I have a Dagger with a worn extractor that won't reliably extract steel case, but the mag feeds it into the chamber. The case doesn't stick because when I lock the slide back and point the pistol up, the case falls out

I have a Glock extractor to replace it with, it still works fine wo brass cased stuff. The rim on the magtech 9mm ammo is slightly smaller in diameter than the AAC brass case ammo I usually shoot.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By colklink:
Originally Posted By p3590:

This is probably a situation where the PMAGs work for some people just fine, and not for others, but I'm not exactly alone in having much more problems with them than OEM. They're kind of notorious for issues with steel/aluminum case.

I dunno that it matters, but mine were pretty early production.  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top