Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 9/28/2024 3:10:53 PM EDT

Saw her in the first 15 minutes of the show and had to go back for her.  Seemed pretty reasonably priced.

So what do I need to know about USP45's other than no one appear so have mags in stock, currently?  Any tips or "Must have" accessories?

Link Posted: 9/28/2024 4:40:18 PM EDT
[#1]
HKparts has mags in stock.  As for the USP45, I’ve bought a LOT of .45 ACP handguns over the years to find my “USP-killer” without any success.  Accurate, rugged, reliable and the large trigger guard and controls work great when wearing gloves heavy enough to deal with -30 degree temperatures.  I updated mine with the ambi safety, tactical barrel and match trigger since the stick trigger isn’t the greatest. Even with the match trigger, the DA trigger is mediocre so I use mine cocked-and-locked with the DA trigger as a second strike option.
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 5:00:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Made in 2004, so looking real good for a 20 year old gun.

I run the GG&G rail adapter on mine, it seems to work pretty well.

For my grip style, I can't have the decocker function on the levers, so I swapped in the 5+6 plate to make it a safety only.  My thumb rides the safety like a 1911, and it puts just enough downward pressure to deactivate the trigger but not drop the hammer.

Add mags and ammo, and enjoy.
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 5:04:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Keep checking CDNN and Gun Mag Warehouse for mags.  

Other than mags and ammo shoot the shit out of it.   I did rebuild my recoil spring assembly after 20 years and over 10k rounds.  The old assembly still worked but it was getting loose.  Midwest Gunworks carries parts.
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 5:13:49 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CoyoteGray] [#4]
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 5:33:06 PM EDT
[#5]
What's  "reasonably  priced "?
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 6:18:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePitbullofLove] [#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Phillbilly:
View Quote
Four seventy five actually.
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 9:30:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Cool!  Congrats on the new piece.
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 9:32:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ThePitbullofLove:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

You did good.
Link Posted: 9/28/2024 10:34:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By CoyoteGray:

You did good.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By CoyoteGray:

You did good.

No kidding, a full size USP 45 is about a $1000 gun new after HK’s latest price increases.  Frame looks to be in good shape, they damn near last forever otherwise, so you got a hell of a bargain.
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 9:37:59 AM EDT
[#10]
Nice price.
That would have been hard for me to pass up too, and I have several USP's already.

If you are having trouble finding mags, I have a 10 round one that came with one of mine that I have no use for (I only use the 12 round mags).
If you want it, I'll sell it cheap.
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 9:46:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Its one of my favorites. I took these out last week.

Attachment Attached File

The HK did well.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 10:53:12 AM EDT
[#12]
You can’t beat that price! I would have walked out of there w/ it for that price too!! Looks to be in great condition. Unless you want to change to night sights or the LEM trigger I wouldn’t say there is anything you need to do w/ it. Just shoot it to familiarize yourself w/ the trigger.
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 11:33:17 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By 2ndAmendmentMason:
You can't beat that price! I would have walked out of there w/ it for that price too!! Looks to be in great condition. Unless you want to change to night sights or the LEM trigger I wouldn't say there is anything you need to do w/ it. Just shoot it to familiarize yourself w/ the trigger.
View Quote
It already has night sights, but they're dim, since they're 20 years old, so I'll probably replace them at some point.

Shes actually in pretty good shape.  If I didn't know it was an 04, I'd have never figured that it was as old as it is.  Barely any finish wear.
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 11:46:51 AM EDT
[#14]
....and who said the .45 is dead?
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 12:24:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wolfpack] [#15]
Link Posted: 9/29/2024 1:26:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By Wolfpack:
USPs are my favorite handgun of all time yet I don't have one.

Ive traded away probably 10 of them in my younger days when i would trade just to trade...I need to get another one.

Does HK still make them?
View Quote

Oh yeah.  Omaha Outdoors Link
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 12:10:47 AM EDT
[Last Edit: leib109] [#17]
I would check the firing pin to make sure that it’s the updated type that they started using around the time your pistol was made. The old design would break with dry firing. Other than that, shoot the crap out of it.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 7:02:43 PM EDT
[#18]
You got a steal of a deal. Congrats. I would just get some different types of ammo and see which it likes best. Those guns are tanks and will last a long time.
Link Posted: 9/30/2024 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By patw:
You got a steal of a deal. Congrats. I would just get some different types of ammo and see which it likes best. Those guns are tanks and will last a long time.
View Quote

Tanks yes. From what I have seen, you can shoot .45 Super in them without modification.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 10:26:22 AM EDT
[#20]
View All Quotes

Great deal.  We should all be so lucky.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 12:58:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Mainsail] [#21]
Originally Posted By 0351:

View All Quotes

Great price!

I got a police trade in USP .40 for around $450 a few years back I'll never part with.  If I had seen that one for that price I would have snapped it up quick.

I just dropped on a HK45C which is supposed to be the revision of the USP and it's awaiting shipment.
Link Posted: 10/5/2024 1:12:06 PM EDT
[#22]

View Quote
I saw it within ten minutes of entering the show.  I thought it was tagged wrong at first, and there were two of them on the table at that price so it had to be right, no?

I walked around the show looking for an MP5 clone (their were none), but I kept thinking about the "other HK's" at the show, and before I left, I went back to that table, intent on bying the nicer one.

I got to the table, and this big goon with Elvis sideburns had his meat hooks on "MY" pistol, lol.  He was telling his wife/mother/older companion how this was a great deal and they should get it.  She wasn't feeling it and walked further down the table, at which point, he sat the nicer HK back on the table, and I told the vendor "I'd like to purchase this pistol, please, and it will be a cash transaction, thankyouverymuch."

The look of sorrow on Elvis' face was enough for me, and he hadn't learned, obviously, the old gunshow mantra "If you're looking at a piece you really want, and a crowd gathers beside/behind you, DO NOT put the firearm back on the table or break hand contact with it!".  I learned that a few decades back in an unfortunate FN/FAL incident, but I digress.

Anyway, a couple spare mags have been ordered (ouch), and a holster (ouch again), and perhaps a light is next.  I like this pistol a great deal thus far.
Link Posted: 10/12/2024 4:18:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ThePitbullofLove] [#23]

Weapon light and a couple of spare mags showed up this week more mags and holster inbound
Link Posted: 10/14/2024 12:32:24 AM EDT
[#24]
20 mags should be enough.

Hell, for $475 you'll out spend what you paid for the gun on mags!!!!
Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top