BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 70
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 8:53:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
Finally broke down and put RDS on the ARs. I like it. Handguns? No way. I want the pistol as simple and reliable as possible.
View Quote

You do realize that adding a Red Dot to a handgun does not change how reliable it is... don't you?  

If the Red Dot dies, the handgun will still go "BANG" when you squeeze the trigger.  You will even be able to still aim using the Iron Sights instead of the RDS.
Link Posted: 7/25/2021 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 2:18:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Screws and sealing plate came today!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 6:06:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Originally Posted By mooreshawnm:
Finally broke down and put RDS on the ARs. I like it. Handguns? No way. I want the pistol as simple and reliable as possible.
View Quote

I, too, walk to work. I prefer my travel to be as reliable as possible. No way I could trust the combustion engine.

1975 called and wants their mindset back.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 6:15:56 PM EDT
[#5]

This is an airsoft Glock with a knockoff RDS

These are exaggerated thanks to my DSLR, but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 4:20:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I wonder if I can get this milled for a RMR? 🤔

I’m seriously thinking about buying one of these Umarex licensed CO2 guns and seeing if I can get the slide milled for a Chinese knock off RMR. I wanted to do it before with one of the blowback airsoft guns but the consensus was that the slide wouldn’t cycle due to the extra weight of the optic.

That shouldn’t be a issue with the fixed slide model. If I can make it happen, it should be a cool backyard trainer.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 5:46:43 PM EDT
[Last Edit: DAVE_M] [#7]
Originally Posted By triburst1:
I wonder if I can get this milled for a RMR? 🤔

I’m seriously thinking about buying one of these Umarex licensed CO2 guns and seeing if I can get the slide milled for a Chinese knock off RMR. I wanted to do it before with one of the blowback airsoft guns but the consensus was that the slide wouldn’t cycle due to the extra weight of the optic.

That shouldn’t be a issue with the fixed slide model. If I can make it happen, it should be a cool backyard trainer.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34777/C89D7FD1-DCAE-428F-9DA8-5789AD417FEA_jpe-2032192.JPG
View Quote

You can't. The slide is very thin due to the internals. The back plate is actually a spacer for the piston inside that fires and allows the slide to recoil. I would assume fixed slide models are the same, just without the backpressure.

My Umarex Glock has a Pro Arms RDS mount, which uses the screw through the backplate spacer from the underside of the slide. It replaces the rear sight like a typical dovetail, but it is held in place by that screw.

Idk what "consensus" you found, but those people don't know what they are talking about. It cycles fine.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:19:48 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By DAVE_M:

You can't. The slide is very thin due to the internals. The back plate is actually a spacer for the piston inside that fires and allows the slide to recoil. I would assume fixed slide models are the same, just without the backpressure.

My Umarex Glock has a Pro Arms RDS mount, which uses the screw through the backplate spacer from the underside of the slide. It replaces the rear sight like a typical dovetail, but it is held in place by that screw.

Idk what "consensus" you found, but those people don't know what they are talking about. It cycles fine.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfIKWP6fUAY
View Quote

@DAVE_M

Is this the plate you’re using?

https://www.airsoftextreme.com/pro-arms-rmr-mounting-plate-for-elite-force-glock.html

What optic are you using?

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#9]

@DAVE_M

Is this the plate you’re using?

https://www.airsoftextreme.com/pro-arms-rmr-mounting-plate-for-elite-force-glock.html

What optic are you using?

View Quote

Yes, that's the plate. It required some fitting for my optic. The optic I have is some no-name RMR-ish clone I found on Amazon. It shipped straight from commie-land and has like four brightness settings. It works for what it is. It would die on a real firearm.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 9:30:11 PM EDT
[#10]
So who’s running a RMRcc? Thinking about sending one of my G17 slides off for an RMR but leaning toward a RMRcc since it’s smaller.
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:31:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 12:12:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By SPTiger:
So who’s running a RMRcc? Thinking about sending one of my G17 slides off for an RMR but leaning toward a RMRcc since it’s smaller.
View Quote

I have an RMRcc on my G43x. The smaller size compared to an RMR is honestly barely noticeable.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 9:32:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

I have an RMRcc on my G43x. The smaller size compared to an RMR is honestly barely noticeable.
View Quote

Gotcha. After I posted my comment I went and did some reading and have decided to go with a standard RMR type 2.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:05:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Gotcha. After I posted my comment I went and did some reading and have decided to go with a standard RMR type 2.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Sonoran_Tj:

I would do that if not for the standard OPF-G plate vs the RMRcc plate as far as how high/low it sits.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Who makes the Sig holster?
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 4:51:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By MRW:
Okay, time to get a Gen 3 Glock 19 milled for a Holosun.  

Is the refinish from the smith necessary?  I've had pretty good luck doing cold blue from permablue. If I buy the refinish, the price puts me in the same league with buying a pre-cut slide from AIM.

View Quote
But then you would have to either move the parts from your slide over, and purchase a new channel liner or complete a whole new slide.
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 5:50:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:01:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By 96Ag:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By 96Ag:

Looks like a JM custom
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 4:52:45 AM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Anyone used Jagerwerks?

USPS says my side was delivered, but I figured they would send you something confirming they received it as well.

I know the lead time is like 12 weeks, so I'm not worried about the time it takes to get back so long as they have it in hand
View Quote
I almost went with Jager, but decided to go with Battle Werx instead. I received confirmation when my slide arrived.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:00:27 AM EDT
[Last Edit: MONGO45] [#21]
Originally Posted By TCBA_Joe:
Anyone used Jagerwerks?

USPS says my side was delivered, but I figured they would send you something confirming they received it as well.

I know the lead time is like 12 weeks, so I'm not worried about the time it takes to get back so long as they have it in hand
View Quote

I’ve used a Jagerwerks several times and have a G48 and G19.5 there now.

They ran a 4th of July special which was very popular.

Typically I get a confirmation email a week after I box my slide up.

This last time it was a couple weeks... I’m sure they’re  just swamped

Excellent company...!
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 7:17:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Henny:
There’s  no doubt I’m a red dot guy. I’ve been shooting them on handguns since 2013….been in this thread since 2019. I certainly see the benefit of red dots. I’ve always been an RMR with either a milled slide, or the FCD plate, when they came out, type guy.

I’m posting this here, because maybe someone in here has had the same problem.

A few months ago I got a G48, with the thought of maybe it replacing my tried and true G19. I picked up a Holosun for it. My first and only Holosun.  For the life of me I can’t get it to remain secure to the mount!  

Initially I used a CHWPS plate and mounted it. I found after getting a few rounds down range the sight would slightly move counterclockwise. I said screw it, and direct mounted it to the slide after removing the rear studs and lowering the front studs. To top it off the M4x0.7 screws started getting boogered up. So I went on a pretty unsuccessful search for the the proper screws ( McMaster Carr, Fastenal, etc….no luck) I settled on some Phillips head screws of the proper pitch….it looks like ass….

Same problem after direct mounting. The sight would rotate slightly counterclockwise.

Yes, I used either blue Loctite or Vibratite every time.

It seems the sight would begin to rotate counterclockwise after a hundred rounds or so. I have misses on a 15 yard half IPSC.  Completely unsatisfactory. ( Earlier in this thread I posted a video of consistent sub 3 second hits in a 90 yard IPSC. )

I’m about ready to put the cover plate back on G48MOS and have my regular G48’s slide milled.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The offender in question:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10846/0D843618-D11F-4B7A-8012-531B9DA24CF6_jpe-2027789.JPG
View Quote

I don’t have any answers for you but I’m curious about what your solution is.

Jagerwerks has my G48 slide milling in a Holosun now.

It seems most plate systems suck.

I’ve got a G17.5 with Agency AOS that’s been solid and a G34.5 MOS with chpws plate and 509T ... no issues after a couple thousand each

Hope you find a remedy.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By MONGO45:

I’ve got a G17.5 with Agency AOS that’s been solid and a G34.5 MOS with chpws plate and 509T ... no issues after a couple thousand each

Hope you find a remedy.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By MONGO45:
Originally Posted By Henny:
There’s  no doubt I’m a red dot guy. I’ve been shooting them on handguns since 2013….been in this thread since 2019. I certainly see the benefit of red dots. I’ve always been an RMR with either a milled slide, or the FCD plate, when they came out, type guy.

I’m posting this here, because maybe someone in here has had the same problem.

A few months ago I got a G48, with the thought of maybe it replacing my tried and true G19. I picked up a Holosun for it. My first and only Holosun.  For the life of me I can’t get it to remain secure to the mount!  

Initially I used a CHWPS plate and mounted it. I found after getting a few rounds down range the sight would slightly move counterclockwise. I said screw it, and direct mounted it to the slide after removing the rear studs and lowering the front studs. To top it off the M4x0.7 screws started getting boogered up. So I went on a pretty unsuccessful search for the the proper screws ( McMaster Carr, Fastenal, etc….no luck) I settled on some Phillips head screws of the proper pitch….it looks like ass….

Same problem after direct mounting. The sight would rotate slightly counterclockwise.

Yes, I used either blue Loctite or Vibratite every time.

It seems the sight would begin to rotate counterclockwise after a hundred rounds or so. I have misses on a 15 yard half IPSC.  Completely unsatisfactory. ( Earlier in this thread I posted a video of consistent sub 3 second hits in a 90 yard IPSC. )

I’m about ready to put the cover plate back on G48MOS and have my regular G48’s slide milled.

Has anyone else had this problem?

The offender in question:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/10846/0D843618-D11F-4B7A-8012-531B9DA24CF6_jpe-2027789.JPG

Hope you find a remedy.

Thanks!  I hope I do too!  

I did find some somewhat appropriate screws.  https://longrobotics.com/product/6mm-d-low-head-10mm-m4-screw-10-pack-t10-torx-drive/. It appears they are out of stock right now. I was able to get 20. They aren’t black oxide finished, but they’ll have to do for now.  

I have the optic directly mounted to the slide. My range trip last week things didn’t go too bad. I only shout around 200 rounds, but the optic stayed out. I’m hitting the range tomorrow. I’ll see how things hold up.

I’m thinking the G48MOS  isn’t going to be replacing my G19 any time soon.

I have to admit, I’ve never had this much of a problem with any other gun / optic combo.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 4:49:12 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By apierce918:

Looks like a JM custom
View Quote
Cool.
Link Posted: 8/5/2021 5:05:19 PM EDT
[#25]
I have a 407k on my suppressed TX22. It's loads of fun to shoot at night.

Just picked up a 508T on the EE. Guess I'll be getting my M&P milled soon before night shoot season starts. Pretty sure I'm going to go with DP Customs.
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 1:32:14 PM EDT
[#26]
I had two G48s done recently, one by Jagerwerks, the other by Battlewerx. I’m very happy with both. The Battlewerx optic cut is a little deeper and it co-witnesses with standard height sights, the Jagerwerks one has their sights installed and it co-witnesses also, though those sights appear slightly taller.

Gray slide/rear sight in front of optic: Jagerwerks.

OD slide/rear sight behind optic: Battlewerx.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/6/2021 11:59:06 PM EDT
[#27]
I’m a couple thousand rounds into a 19X/RMR and I’m getting pretty good with the presentation, but if I don’t dry-fire religiously, I get rusty quick.

I’m still not convinced that it adds any utility to a carry gun for me. It’s honestly becoming a pain in the ass.

For reference, I’ve been Aimpoint or die on carbines 2007 and don’t even have a set of buis anymore.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 4:50:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By samuse:
I'm a couple thousand rounds into a 19X/RMR
View Quote
You crossed over?
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 5:10:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
You crossed over?
View Quote

It’s a friend of mine’s.

I’m using it to work with the dot.

I still think the 19 length gun is mechanically inferior to the 17 length in every way and the short slide long grip is a somewhat nonsensical concept.

Link Posted: 8/7/2021 5:21:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Originally Posted By samuse:

It's a friend of mine's.

I'm using it to work with the dot.

I still think the 19 length gun is mechanically inferior to the 17 length in every way and the short slide long grip is a somewhat nonsensical concept.

View Quote
Whew. I was afraid we lost you.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 5:45:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheQuadfather] [#31]
Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
Whew. I was afraid we lost you.
View Quote

Not a chance.

I’m working with two limpwristing females to get them ready to pass the handgun part of their tcole stuff and they’re both using borrowed Gen5 19s.

The slight bit of difference between the 19 and 17 makes the difference between them being able to more easily retract the slide and when they shoot my 17s there have zero malfunctions and ejection is more consistent, but they have both had several FTEject and feeds with the 19s.

When I get off the 19X and go back to a 17 it feels like it’s running in slow motion. More controllable and tracks better for me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I shot this bad boy today. I think I'm gonna have to get one. The whole setup was really impressive.

Link Posted: 8/9/2021 7:10:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Any suggestions for a gunsmith shop to machine a springfield champion for a holosun? Been looking at moving to an optics ready striker fired gun for my carry but I really do like and prefer my 1911 style stuff. Probably could find a local Smith to do the work but suspect it’d be better done by someone that does a ton of them.
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:03:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Originally Posted By hsvhobbit:
Any suggestions for a gunsmith shop to machine a springfield champion for a holosun? Been looking at moving to an optics ready striker fired gun for my carry but I really do like and prefer my 1911 style stuff. Probably could find a local Smith to do the work but suspect it’d be better done by someone that does a ton of them.
View Quote

Look for the chambers plate and go to their recommendations
Link Posted: 8/9/2021 8:13:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: yamahawarrior89] [#35]
Originally Posted By hsvhobbit:
View Quote

The chambers plate is best if you want a normal size red dot. If you want a direct mill, you'll have to use a Holosun 507k or RMR cc or whatever it is. If they direct mill it, make sure they mill it on an angle, otherwise you'll run out of elevation adjustment. It's around 1 or 1.3 degrees, don't quote me on the exact amount, but if they are worth a damn, they'll now. Just ask them to make sure they know haha. Otherwise you'll need a shim.

This one was direct mill with a Glock sight in front of the red dot.

Eta: the chambers plate is in stock right now:

https://www.store.chamberscustom.com/products/chambers-custom-rdms-plate
Link Posted: 8/10/2021 9:14:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Just got my DW Vigil back from having the slide milled.  Went to sight it in and I was landing every shot within a 5" circle at 25 yards.  This is my second RDO pistol after the LTT Beretta slide.  I've definitely been converted.  I'll probably send my 226 off soon.

Link Posted: 8/11/2021 2:11:08 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 8/14/2021 6:16:12 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 8/18/2021 12:36:43 PM EDT
[#39]
My new 44 wants an MRDS so bad...

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/19/2021 8:55:20 PM EDT
[#40]
My new 44 wants an MRDS so bad...

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/34777/EB2D55FF-31A1-4CCC-9D23-16634235B8B2_jpe-2057154.JPG
View Quote

My 44x slide was supposed to be delivered in may. It’s almost September.

My 44 just sits, and i practice with my carry 19 while i wait
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#41]
I don't know if shooting with an RMR has made me a better iron sight shooter, but I shot a perfect score on a qual the other day. Haven't done that in years.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 10:11:00 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Landric] [#42]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
I don't know if shooting with an RMR has made me a better iron sight shooter, but I shot a perfect score on a qual the other day. Haven't done that in years.
View Quote

I was a naysayer for a long time but I have converted, I’m spending a lot of money converting to optics on all my pistols.

Unfortunately, my agency runs about 20 years behind current LE trends. We just got new pistols last year, G45 without MOS. I figure since I only have about 7 years to go I will have been retired about 15 years before we switch to dots. Too bad, as my eyesight gets worse my ability to shoot 100 on qualification with irons has declined  as well.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 2:56:23 PM EDT
[#43]
Does anyone have a suggestion for an RMR cut slide for a Glock 43x/43?
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 10:03:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Originally Posted By Landric:

I was a naysayer for a long time but I have converted, I’m spending a lot of money converting to optics on all my pistols.

Unfortunately, my agency runs about 20 years behind current LE trends. We just got new pistols last year, G45 without MOS. I figure since I only have about 7 years to go I will have been retired about 15 years before we switch to dots. Too bad, as my eyesight gets worse my ability to shoot 100 on qualification with irons has declined  as well.
View Quote

I carry a 45 with Trooper sights. I wish my agency would approve red dots but it will
Never happen.
Link Posted: 8/20/2021 11:54:50 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By ArGyLe64:
Does anyone have a suggestion for an RMR cut slide for a Glock 43x/43?
View Quote

I just sent my 43X slide to Battle Werks for an RMRcc cut, rear sight forward optic cut, and black nitride. Should have it back in a couple of weeks. I'm currently running my 43 slide on my 43X frame. Kinda cool, I get 4 guns out of 2.

https://www.battlewerx.com/trijicon-rmrcc-optic-cut-for-glock-43-43x-48/

Link Posted: 8/21/2021 12:18:59 AM EDT
[#46]
Primary Arms is having a 12% off site wide sale.  The Holosun with the green ACSS reticle is $349 before the discount. Best prices I’ve found on the Holosun optics.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 12:36:15 AM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By pokey074:
View Quote

It damn sure does.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 4:49:36 AM EDT
[#48]
Originally Posted By Hydra-shokz:

I just sent my 43X slide to Battle Werks for an RMRcc cut, rear sight forward optic cut, and black nitride. Should have it back in a couple of weeks. I'm currently running my 43 slide on my 43X frame. Kinda cool, I get 4 guns out of 2.

https://www.battlewerx.com/trijicon-rmrcc-optic-cut-for-glock-43-43x-48/

View Quote
I did the same. My slide should be here next week.
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 9:29:53 AM EDT
[#49]
Battlewerx did my personal G45 and one of my G48s. I couldn’t be happier. It is close but the Battlewerx cut seems slightly lower than the Jagerwerks cut and will co-witnesses with factory height sights using the 507k. The Jagerwerks cut might co-witness too, but they installed new sights for me on the gray slide gun below and they appear (I haven’t measured) to be slightly taller.

Battlewerx:

Attachment Attached File

Jagerwerks:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/21/2021 10:22:54 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By Landric:
Battlewerx did my personal G45 and one of my G48s. I couldn't be happier. It is close but the Battlewerx cut seems slightly lower than the Jagerwerks cut and will co-witnesses with factory height sights using the 507k. The Jagerwerks cut might co-witness too, but they installed new sights for me on the gray slide gun below and they appear (I haven't measured) to be slightly taller.

Battlewerx:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14564/A6901872-55B1-47AD-AF9D-BECC72E07465_jpe-2060441.JPG

Jagerwerks:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/14564/5C589CDD-1E11-4B52-8995-CB0D473AEFC7_jpe-2060442.JPG
View Quote
Battlewerx is lower.
Page / 70
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top